walk

ACE POV
—————————————————-
"Da-da-da-da-da" Avi screeches slapping my chest. She was sitting on my lap as I sit leaned back on the bed frame mindlessly watching the TV. I was more focused on Avi who was smiling up at me showing her 2 tiny little teeth in the front of her mouth.

"Yes princess," I coo pinching her cheeks lightly. I twirl her pigtails in my fingers tracing her beautiful curls. She got the curls from me and I loved them so much.

I hear Aria coming up the stairs moments later, turning the corner into our bedroom.

"My babies," she says her voice so high as she smiles brightly with her arms out when Avi sees her and starts screaming for her.

She lifts her up hugging her tight and kissing her red cheeks.

"Oh my goodness look how beautiful my baby is," she says pulling away to look at Avi. "Look at those 2 little teeth," she says tapping her chin.

She sits down on the bed next to me and I pull her close so she was slightly laying down like me, close to my side.

"Let's go on a walk," Aria suggests turning her head to look at me.

"Let's go," I say going with whatever Aria said. I mean I'm down for a walk but if Aria suggests it I'm down for anything.

"I'll pack a bag, you get the baby dressed, I'll do her hair when I come back," she says nodding her head as if she was just telling herself what needed to be done.

"Got it chief," I say putting my hand up in a salute 🫡. I lean Avi against my chest and hold her tiny hand up making her salute as well.

"Daddy is such a weirdo huh," Aria says to Avi when Avi starts fussing trying to pull her arm out of my hand. Aria walks away still mumbling to herself.

"What would you like to wear little miss Avi?" I ask her holding her up in my hands.

"Da-da-da-da" she screams again with her fist in her mouth.

"Alright let's see if we have that in your closet," I say walking toward the closet, looking through her clothes.

I grab a "I love Daddy" t shirt with a light sweater and some leggings to match.

"I think this is pretty da-da-da-da don't you think?" I ask her holding it up for her to see. She giggles which makes me smile.

"Ok then perfect," I say setting her down on the little table we have set up in the closet to change her easily. She couldn't really sit up properly yet so this was perfect and made life so much easier.

"Gorgeous," I say lifting her up and smiling at her as I look at her outfit. Aria comes into the room a few seconds later, a small bag in her hand.

"Did you dress her?" she asks me coming into the closet.

"Absolutely I did," I say turning Avi around to show Aria her amazing outfit.

"Wow of course you choose that," she says rolling her eyes playfully.

"Hey this is Avis choice, I asked her what she wanted to wear and she just screamed dada so obviously I need to give her what she wants," I say pulling her shirt down to cover her stomach.

"Alright let's get your hair done," Aria says grabbing Avi and walking toward the bed. I go into the bathroom and grab Avis hair basket which has all her hair stuff in it. I hand it to Aria who thanks me with a kiss. I would do whatever Aria asked of me for the rest of my life if it meant I'd get a kiss in return.

I sit next to both of them on the bed turning on the TV for some background noise. Of course Avis baby shows are the first thing that show up. Now I won't lie and say some of these shows aren't actually entertaining. Who knew a stuffed animal doctor could be so fun to watch.