touch

"Why can't we just skip the stupid thing," Ace whines as I adjust the collar of his shirt. "Because," I simply say running my hands down his torso as I smooth out his shirt.

We were currently getting ready to go to Kai's birthday dinner at a very fancy restaurant. Ace wants to not go, he claims we haven't had enough time together and he wanted to night alone.

Mama invited us last second, she called me this morning and told me how Kai didn't want anything but she decided to still book a dinner which was now.

Ace has been working very hard the past few days, staying late and leaving early. It was hard to get the time to do the things we usually did and became very accustomed to.

Eating dinner, watching TV, falling asleep together, waking up together and showering were now things that were simply a memory and things that would be a treat if it were to magically happen. Now I can blame Ace is any way whatsoever for working so hard but it was still hard on both of us. Especially him since he was a big baby.

"I wanna stay home, you in my arms as we lay facing each other, staring into each other's eyes, me leaning in slowly to leave the softest kiss on your lips, our eyes slowly closing from exhaustion but staying awake as we didn't want to look away from each other. Our legs would be tangled under the blanket, our bodies completely pressed together, your hands in my hair and mine on your waist. Our bellies full of the food we had just cooked together a few hours prior. Then we slowly drift off, each other on our minds as we peacefully sleep to wake up to each other the next morning," Ace goes on holding me by my waist as he gracefully tells the story of what could happen.

I almost give in and live the story he told but we needed to go to this stupid dinner. "Ok Mr. Poet," I laugh kissing his cheek and walking away toward the closet to find a pair of shoes to wear.

"Baby," he whines walking up to me and plopping down onto the floor beside me, sitting like a child, criss cross. "You're supposed to say 'Wow Ace how romantic', and then we do what I just said" he says placing his hands on my thigh rubbing it gently.

"How about we go to your lovely brothers dinner and we enjoy the night with our family," I suggest with a sly smile and he groans. "No," he says grabbing the shoe I had chosen and chucking it across the room.

"First of all, those are $1000 shoes, don't scratch them and second of all, now you won't be able to hold me cause I now have to get up to get the shoe," I say and he sighs knowing I was right.

"I'll buy you 20 pairs of those same or different shoes if you stay home with me," he says opening his phone and searching for my shoe. "What do you mean with me, you're going," I say.

"Look," he says showing me his phone which does in fact show his purchase of 20 Christian Louboutin Pink Patent Follies shoes. "You didn't," I gasp grabbing his phone as if seeing it in my hand instead of his would make a difference.

"Ace why would you do that, we're doing period," I say feeling bad he wasted 20k. "Baby, by the time we make it to the restaurant, I'd have made 3x rhe amount I just spent," he says grabbing the shoe off the floor and walking away with it.

"Let's get this shit over with," he sighs suddenly walking back and grabbing my hand. "Why'd you walk back," I ask.

"I wanna hold your hand," he whispers giving it a little squeeze as we walk toward the door. I put the heels on, with a coat in case it got chilly and we walk out toward the cars. Ace chooses his pick of car, a black Audi R8. My favourite car.

As Ace drives to the restaurant, his hand doesn't leave mine as he holds onto it for dear life. "Why are you so clingy today," I ask as I hear his breath waver when I remove my hand from his for a second,".

"I'm fine it's just, I feel like i'm losing you because of how little time I spend with you and I don't know what I would do if you left me so i'm trying to stay calm. I'm sorry if i'm being annoying I just- I just want to hold you close to make up for the time lost. Every night I would come to bed and you were already asleep, gripping that stupid pillow, you wouldn't let go of it, I guess assuming it was me. I couldn't hold you since you wouldn't let go of it pillow or budge so I would just watch you most nights, pretending we were having our usual night talks. I would tell you about my day, who pissed me off and what I did. How many times I thought about you. The way you held that pillow broke my heart because I knew you wanted me to be there so bad but I couldn't," he explains. He had pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant a while ago and I just listened to him speak as tears brim his eyes.

"I'm sorry," he starts again before I cut him off but climbing over the center console and sitting in his lap. He grabs me, holding me close as if he could finally breathe.

"Don't ever leave me," he begs squeezing me tight. "I promise," I whisper back. "We don't have to go if you don't want to," I say and he shakes his head. "It's ok, i feel better now," he nods so I nod back. "Let's go," I smile, leaning down and leaving a chaste kiss on his lips. "I missed those," he smirks pulling me down again.

Suddenly, I hear banging on the window and yelling. Ace rolls down the window slightly revealing Kai looking decked up, staring down at us.

"Stop fucking in the parking lot, do that after my birthday please," he says as if he was discipling us. "Sorry father," I joke laughing and getting off Aces lap.

I walk around the side of the car, Kai's gift in hand as I go to greet him. "Hey Kai," I smile giving him a hug. He hugs me back, his hands slowly lowering to my lower back. I knew he wouldn't dare go any lower than that.

"Enough," Ace grumbles pulling me back toward him. He grabs my hand again, fiddling with the bracelet on my wrist. He looks very shy and shut off as we walk through all the people.

We finally make it to our table, after greeting everyone, many hugs and kisses later, we were sitting in our seats, Aces seat scooted right up against mine as his hand doesn't leave my thigh.

I hold his hand trying to tell him everything would be ok and that I was with him. I could feel his stare at the side of my face as I look around the restaurant admiring the decoration.

I look over to him as he still stares at me. "Everything okay?" I ask wiping the sides of my mouth hoping nothing was there.

"You're so beautiful," he suddenly says, his face dropping, his head leaned to the side as he continues staring at me as if analyzing every detail about my face.

"I really wanna fucking kiss you," he whispers into my ear and I almost choke on my water. "When we get home," I nod patting his thigh and leaning back trying to gain my composure.

"Everything ok," Mama suddenly asks me and I nod giving her a little smile. "Couldn't be better,".

I hate this chapter 😍😍

word count : 1348