partners

before Ace and Aria know each other
—————————————————-
ARIA POV
I walk into Physics Lab class 10 minutes early sitting at an empty lab table. I watch all the other kids come in, smiling big when they see their friends.

I even see some new friends that I thought I had made walk in and immediately walk into class sitting next to other people leaving me still alone.

I look at the seemingly nice girl in front of me who's also sitting alone. I think about how I would ask her to be partners.

A boy walks in walking up to that girl asking her something before I hear her answer.

"Sorry I'm waiting for someone" Shit. She has a partner already.

The boy walks up to another boy who was also alone leaving me the only one in class alone. Great.

I sigh looking around the class seeing everyone talking and laughing.

I turn to my bag trying to look busy before I hear a voice beside me.

"Do you have a partner?" I hear a boy ask. I had noticed him a few times before in my other classes but I didn't know anything about him.

"No I don't," I answer.

"So...can I..." he says slowly pulling the stool out to sit on it.

"Yeah sure," I say sighing now that I have to work with this random boy i didn't know.

I awkwardly sit flipping my pencil between my fingers.

"What's your name?" he asks turning to me.

"I'm Aria," I say smiling kindly. "You?" I ask trying to be nice.

"I'm Arian Ace," he says nodding his head politely. "Ace," he shrugs correcting himself.

"Nice to meet you," he says smiling brightly.

"You too," I say smiling back.

Another 20 seconds of silence go by before I figure I should say something too.

"You're in my Calculus class aren't you?" I ask. He turns to be looking at me intently as if trying to recognize me.

"Yeah yeah," he says pointing to me and nodding.

"I knocked your bottle over this morning," I say laughing.

"Oh yeah! I'm still not over that," he says shaking his head.

"Sorry," I say putting my hands up.

"No worries," he laughs.

Thankfully as soon as he answered the teacher starts talking. Our lab was to recreate graphs with a motion sensor so I figured it should be easy enough. We just had to walk a certain way and boom.

I try to read the lab as he keeps stealing it from me pulling it right in front of him as I awkwardly try to read it from beside him.

"Ok," he mumbles to himself going behind me where the computer is as he logs in. I grab the lab and start reading from it as I feel him behind me, his hand to my left on the desk as he reads over my shoulder for the instructions.

"Haha got it," he says clapping his hands together triumphantly.

"Ok let's start," I say flipping the page to the first graph.

"You wanna go?" I ask him.

"Sure," he says walking away from the motion sensor ready to walk.

I start the sensor and he walks.