this woman

ACES POV
"Baby?" I ask as I raise my hand to stroke the side of her face, my thumb going across her cheek, the rest of my fingers behind her neck.

We were watching a movie together- more like I was, Aria kept falling asleep but she wouldn't let me turn it off, she claimed she wasn't tired and could make it through.

I've tried pulling her onto my lap so she could sleep comfortably in my arms but every time I tried to move her she would make up and yell at me for trying to quote "make her fall asleep".

This time when I call her name, she doesn't wake up or answer me. I guess she's fallen asleep.

I slowly move my shoulder away from the side of her face, resting my hand around her head to keep it relativity in the same position.

"Baby?" I ask again but her eyes are shut, her mouth opened slightly. She's so fucking beautiful.

I sit back down properly, sitting a bit slanted so I could lean back and she could sleep on my chest.

Once I'm situated, I bring her down onto my chest, adjusting her legs and now, finally, she was perfectly on my chest where she belonged.

I threw the blanket over us, well more for her cause she was like my blanket, now we were perfect. I knew if I turned the movie off, she would wake up so I left it on, watching it myself. Aria couldn't get mad at me for watching the movie by myself because I was barely watching it, I was spending most of mg time with my own eyes shut and relishing in her touch or creepily staring at her, admiring her face.

I could name every dot, mole, freckle on that pretty little face of hers. I knew her face better than I did my own. I didn't spend hours of my life looking into a mirror admiring and memorizing my face like I did hers.

I know I sound crazy as shit but when you love someone as much as I love her, the thought of every forgetting how this face looks haunts me. I could never ever forget a face like hers. It's an unforgettable face.

Feeling more creepy now that i'm aware of what i'm doing, I stroke my fingers through her hair, my forearm covering her eyes so she thought she was in the dark and slept better, my other arm was around her waist, stroking up and down.

Every time she would stir in my arms, I would move my hands along her body and shush her trying to remind her that I was right here, which usually made her stop moving but when she would really move I would do something I've always done to her.

I would subconsciously do it when I could look at her and I think her sleep brain has programmed to calm down when I did that.

I would stroke my thumb up and down along the bridge of her nose, I would slowly run my finger along the swoop of her nose, she would instantly sleep and calm down when I did it.

To think that this beautiful girl, the girl with the sweetest soul, the most beautiful heart and the kindness of a thousand people could ever feel such safety with me, I will never understand.

She has me wrapped around her pretty little finger I swear.

I think about the person I used to be and the person I am now and I don't recognize myself. I so much like the person I am now better, even though I am really fucking soft but I only love this one better because she's here.

My old life was sad, I didn't do much, didn't do anything really. I thought it was normal, I thought that was happiness.

When this little fire came into my life, I really could not understand what was happening. To think that this person would see something in me and then love me with such intensity.