3

Park Jimin's POV

Relaxed and peaceful. The kind of environment that I miss to experience. Now, I got the chance to be relax and at peace again. Thanks to this lockdown maybe...

"Aaah, you're so smart!"

Or maybe not...

"Come here, come here.."

"Aish!", I whined as I got up from the chaise lounge near the pool and turned around to find the source of noise interrupting me.

I walked in to the door directing to the pool and felt a slender figure bumped into my shoulder.

"What?", I automatically responded to the person who just bumped her back on me.

"Ow...Ji..Jimin-ssi, so..sorry...", I stared down to her until she carefully stepped away from me.

"I have to go. We play again later, Joohwangie.", she said in a low volume but I still catch it.

"Stop. Right. There.", I told her and I could see she flinched before staying froze because of my words. I walked up to her and faced her with my crossed arms. "Who did you talk to?", I asked as I looked at each of her sides. "It can't be...", I paused as I saw the lonely orange fish in the big tank beside the door.

I shifted my eyes at the person in front of me and caught her eyes looking at me.

"Joohwangie, the fish.", she finally answered my question.

My eyes bulged out as our eyes met.

"W..why..are you looking at me like that?", she asked in a low volume as if she is scared of me.

"Park Chaeyoung-ssi, you talk to a fish?", I asked as I took a glance at the fish that came close to us in its big tank.

She nodded slowly.

"And you even named it?", I questioned her and she nodded again. "What? Are you crazy?", I said in disbelief.

Park Chaeyoung's POV

He looked angry. Or he is just shocked. I did not know which one actually.

"Did I just marry a crazy woman?", he suddenly talked frantically as if what I did was a crazy act.

"I'm a doctor, I'm not crazy.", my mouth automatically said that to him stopping him from rambling nonsense about me.

He looked at me and Joohwangie one by one before he focused on me again.

"I...don't mean to brag but I'm just saying facts. I...can't be a doctor if I'm crazy, right?", I told him as I took a step back from him.

"You're a doctor, huh?", he asked me.

I slowly nodded, "Specifically a final year resident."

He scoffed at my words before asking me, "Then, shouldn't you be at the hospital treating patients? Especially at these times where the virus are spreading across the world."

I nodded again before I explained, "I'm doing residency in paediatric, Jimin-ssi. I'm not a specialist in handling the coronavirus patient. I treat kids only."

I saw Jimin went speechless, no response to my explanation. "Plus, I just got married. My supervisor gave me 2 days off.", I added that information to him.

"Whatever. Just..please keep your voice down. I was enjoying my peace out there but you interrupted me. Keep it down, okay?", he replied as he put his forefinger on his lips signalling a quiet sign.

I said yes to him before seeing him walking to the stairs and went up to his room. I let out a sigh of relief once I heard the indistinct sound of his door closed. I was glad that he did not scold me the way he did when we were kids.

🥀🥀🥀

Flashback  to 19 years ago...

I never dared to go out ever since my parents died. I always stayed inside in the house of my uncle, Daesung who took me in and cared for me like I am his own. But, everything changed when I saw that boy who always play football at the street in front of my uncle's house.

One day, I dared myself to go out and play with my cousin, Kang Seulgi. I was planning to befriend that boy who seemed to know Seulgi. I wanted to play with them too.

When I walked out and ran to the street, they were busy kicking the ball and they were not aware of an incoming vehicle towards them.

"Unnie!!", I screamed for Seulgi as I reached her and pushed her away from the street.

The sport bike rider was shouting profanity to us as he rode passed the street. I looked at the rider with a rushed breathing after running to save my cousin.

"Seulgi!!", a voice yelling my cousin's name got my attention.

I turned to see Seulgi facing the ground with her knees and palm were bleeding.

"Unnie..", I called as I approached the boy and his other friends that surrounded Seulgi as well.

Just before I could touch Seulgi's hand to help her, a hand pushed me away from her.

"Go away! Who are you?! How dare you pushed Seulgi like that?", the boy I never expected to raise his voice yelled at me.

I was taken aback by his words as Seulgi tried to tell him to calm down. He turned to see Seulgi with a soft expression while asking if she is alright. I wanted to help Seulgi but my feet could only turn around and I ran back inside my uncle's house.

He was cold to me.

🥀🥀🥀

Hey, guys! How did you enjoy the story so far? I hope you guys like what you read. I'll see you next time.