31

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I was watching Joohwang in his tank when Jimin came to say hello to me. I jumped a little as I did not expect him to appear beside me. Maybe I was too occupied watching Joohwang or my thoughts have gone far away that I did not see him near me.

"Hey, orange friend. Good morning.", I blinked in confusion when I heard what Jimin said. And to who he actually said that.

"Excuse me, orange friend?", I spoke up to him as he moved his hand on the wall of the tank while Joohwang followed the movement he made.

He nodded to me, "Joohwangie. Isn't he like a friend? A fun orange friend and smart. No wonder you like talking to him."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Stop it, Jimin.", I shortly said as I remembered how he called me crazy for talking to a fish.

"Have you fed him?", Jimin asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yes.", another short answer came from my mouth as I watched him play with Joohwang making the fish swimming here and there in his big tank.

He looked cute with the fish but my mind told me not to be wavered by his actions. Especially when he talked to Joohwang. It reminded me of how he called me crazy because I talked to a fish.

"Jimin, stop."

"What? Why?"

"Just stop."

"No, I won't. Joohwangie likes it when I say he's cool."

"No, that's not cool."

"Yes, it is. Look at him trying to bite my hand."

"I said stop, Jimin!", I raised my voice at him as he turned to look me in the eyes.

He stopped playing with Joohwang and I walked away. However, he got a grip on my wrist making me stopped. I turned to face him and asked what did he want from me.

"Why are you so moody in the morning?", he asked me.

"Why am I moody? Jimin, did you see what you just did? You talked to a fish like how I did before. You did what this crazy woman did. Do you understand what I'm trying to tell you?", I replied coldly to him.

Slowly, Jimin shook his head. "Chaeyoung, I'm sorry about that. Back then, I didn't know that talking to a fish can be interesting. It's...weird but interesting at the same time.", he tried to explain but I shook my head back at him.

"No, Jimin. Just stop. Don't force yourself to do what I do. Don't try to win my heart by doing the same thing like me. Don't make yourself learn things that you don't want to. I don't like it, okay?", I pulled my hand roughly and left him there after expressing my thoughts.

Park Jimin's POV

The sudden pull of hand made my heart hurt. No lie. Chaeyoung is really not going to make this easy for me.

I sighed after she is gone from my sight. "Don't promise or say anything. Don't do what you like to do.", I rubbed my face thinking of what I should do to make this one week with Chaeyoung a good time to spend together. "Think, Jimin. It's only the first day. Think deep, Park Jimin.", I pointed my forefinger to the side of my head while trying to figure out an idea to make the leave Chaeyoung got be useful.

🥀🥀🥀

Should I say the first day of staying home with my wife is a failure?

After the small quarrel in the morning, we did not talk anymore until the lunchtime came. I made lunch for us, just simple dishes anyway since I am not so great at cooking. We ate together but both of us were silent the whole time. I was the only one trying to make a conversation but it always ended short.