46

Park Chaeyoung's POV

For the third time in the mini gathering dinner with my seniors and fellow residents, I have refused to drink the wine that they offered me. As much as I wanted to have a glass with them, I always got reminded that I have another life growing inside me. Even though it is only 3 months old, I did not want to risk anything that can cause complications in the future.

"Doesn't feel like drinking tonight?", I flinched at the voice that came from behind as I was standing outside of the dining room.

I smiled as I saw Chanyeol standing beside me with two glasses of water in his hands.

"Want it? Don't worry, it's just water.", he said as he gave me one of the glasses.

I chuckled as I took it from him and took a sip before talking with him, "Thank you, oppa. And I'm sorry I can't drink with you tonight."

He nodded, "It's okay. Sometimes water is good too."

We chuckled a little more as we both known to be drinking buddies together with Hoseok among our circle of friends at the hospital. Then, we heard Hoseok's screaming voice as he sang a song in the dining room. We laughed again because of him.

"He's drunk.", Chanyeol said as he shook his head.

"Definitely.", I replied as I looked at the night sky from the window in front of us.

Chanyeol was drinking his water before he came up with a question to me, "So, Chaeyoung...why Busan?"

I slowly turned to look at him and formed a small smile, "I just want to seek new adventure. At a new place. At a new environment. With different people. Oh, please don't get me wrong. I love you guys here but yeah, I want to work with new people. Widen the circle of friends I have. Get more experience and learn from other experts from another city."

Chanyeol nodded along the way I talked to him about my reason for going to Busan to work there.

"Well thought.", he replied in short which made me frowning at it. "Your answer. It was well thought. Like you've prepared that answer beforehand.", he added.

"Well..yeah. I know I will be asked about it a lot from you guys.", I easily admitted to him.

"You're not going to Busan to run away from a problem here, right?", his question made me a bit shocked to hear it from him.

I scoffed a little at it before I responded to him, "What made you think I'm running from a problem here?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "I just heard the nurses talking. They said something like the securities were given instruction to not allow a certain person to enter the hospital." I rolled my eyes as I heard it from him. "Your husband...you have some issues going on with him?", he added.

"What if yes? What are you going to do about it, oppa?", I unknowingly spoke a little harsh with him even though he was just talking calmly with me.

I could see him gulping at my action. He knew how bad I could be when my mood is not good. He knew he should not cross the line and interfere with my problem when I got angry.

"Chaeyoung, I know I'm just a friend. I didn't mean to meddle in your love life or anything but...I just want to be a good friend..who cares...", he tried to keep talking with me but I remained silent with him. "Does Jimin know..."

"No. Why? You want to tell him, oppa?", I cut him off from finishing his words. "If you want to tell him, go ahead. I don't care.", I added before I turned around to go back inside the dining room.

"Chae, Chaeyoung..!", I ignored him as I closed the door on him.

🥀🥀🥀