18

Park Jimin's POV

I got out of the bathroom after brushing my teeth and saw Chaeyoung's face under the dim light of her phone. I thought she has already gone to sleep but I was wrong. Her eyes are still open and she seemed serious with her phone.

"I thought you're asleep.", I talked to her as she turned to look at me beside her.

"I was going to but...I have something to tell you.", she said as she put her phone on the bedside table and turned on the table lamp so that we can see each other.

I smiled before saying, "What is it? Seems like we're not done yet getting to know each other."

She chuckled to my words because we just had a talk about ourselves after I told her how I got my face bruised. She asked about my job and I told her about two different jobs I have now. I asked about her residency and she suddenly cried again because of the other night. I stopped asking and let her do it instead.

"Yes, I have a studio back in my apartment."

"Originally I wanted to be a singer but then, I felt embarrassed to sing in front of people so...I changed my dream."

"I saw Jungkook singing at the street and I was fascinated with his voice so I approached him."

Unexpectedly, I answered all her questions without hiding a thing or lying to her.

"If you ask me, I would like to ask you a lot more about yourself, Jimin. But, I really need to sleep actually.", she covered her mouth as she yawned sleepily.

"Okay, then. What is it that you want to tell me?", I asked to shorten our late night conversation.

"I...might not be coming home for a week. I have to replace another doctor so I'll be on-call most probably everyday for one week starting from tomorrow. I can't come home because my schedule will be very tight and I'd be very tired even if I come home.", she started slowly but her words went rushed as if she did not want to tell me the whole thing.

I blinked twice before I responded, "Okay.."

"Okay?", she repeated my word and I nodded to her. "Are you...um..will you...is that all..you can say..?", she seemed hesitant to speak but she still finished her words while letting herself covered by the blanket as she looked at me with her sleepy eyes.

I did the same as I carefully leave some gap between us on the bed. This will be our second time sleeping on the same bed and I still remember her words the first time we were like this.

"Don't ever come close or I'll throw you off of the bed.", that was what she said before we slept.

"No, don't leave me. I'm scared..", and that was what she said before I hugged her when she had a nightmare that same night.

While my hands were busy fixing the blanket to cover myself, Chaeyoung asked, "Do you hate me?"

My hands stopped moving and I looked at her to think of an answer. I haven't got to reply a thing to her question before that yet she gave me a new one.

"I don't hate you. What makes you think that way?", I tried to reply casually.

"You lie down far from me and you only said okay when I will be away from you.", Chaeyoung replied with a sad tone.

"Oh, it's not like that. I don't hate you, Chaeyoung. I just...I don't know..I...are you okay if I come closer to you?", I stuttered badly while trying to defend myself.

She nodded slowly so I moved myself closer to her and told her for the third time, "See, I don't hate you."

She chuckled before the both of us looked at each other silently. None of us speak a word before Chaeyoung cleared her throat and asked, "Jimin, why are you looking at me like that?"

I smiled and said, "I can't watch my wife's face?"

Her eyes slightly grew bigger and her cheeks blushed at my words. I chuckled as I witnessed it.

"Good night, Jimin.", she said before she turned around making me face her back.

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I suppressed myself from making any sound after I turned off the table lamp. I did not know how red my face was but I knew I must have blushed because of Jimin's words. I can't watch my wife's face? No, Jimin. Don't tease me like that.

"Good night, Park Chaeyoung.", I flinched a little when I heard his voice.

It was short but I could not control myself from smiling. Surely, I will be sleeping happily because of this. Even though it was just a good night wish, I still felt butterflies in my tummy dancing around just by that simple sentence.

🥀🥀🥀

I just had my breakfast when I saw Jimin panting at the entrance of the kitchen while looking at me. I asked if he is alright and he made an okay sign with his hand. I walked up to him and he touched my shoulders as if stopping me from going away.

"I thought you already left.", he said to me.

"I'm about to leave now..why, Jimin?", I asked him as I looked at his bruised nose and lips. "They seemed to be better.", I said to him.

He shook his head and told me not to worry about his bruises.

"Good, then. I can go to work without worrying about you.", I said as I caresses his cheek softly.

"Yeah..anyway, where's your bag? I'll help you put them in the car.", he asked as he looked around.

I chuckled at him before telling that I already put my bag in the car before breakfast. He looked at me and then, asked when did I wake up that I have been ready to go to work. When I told him I woke up at 5, his eyes bulged out in surprise.

"Actually I woke up early to make this.", I opened the tray on the dining table and showed him the chocolate chips cookies I made. "There's one more container above the fridge. For you in case you'll miss my cooking.", I pushed the container filled with the cookies closer to him.

He looked at it with delight. I smiled when he said they looked tasty. I asked him to taste the cookie but he pushed the container back to me before he cupped his face while looking at me.

"Feed me.", he said with a grin.

"What?", I was surprised with his words to be honest.

"You want me to taste it, right? Then, you have to feed me.", he pointed to the cookies in the container with a pout.

I was still stunned with his sudden cuteness but my hand did its task. I picked up one of the cookies and brought it close to Jimin's mouth carefully. I had to admit, my hand was a bit shaky but I managed to feed him.

"Umm...nice!", he put his thumbs up but I could not smile as my phone made a noise.

I quickly tapped on it and looked at him apologetically, "Jimin, I have to go. That's my last alarm to tell me it's time to go."

"Oh..okay. I...walk you to the car.", he said as he followed me to the front door.

Luckily I have parked my car at the front porch instead of the garage. Once I started my car, I waved my hand at him but he seemed like he wanted to say something to me. I rolled down the window and looked at him as I wear my seatbelt.

"Do your best at work and stay safe, Dr Park.", he said before asking me about my mask.

"You too. Take care and feed Joohwangie for me.", I reminded him as well.

He giggled before we really said goodbye to each other.