47

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I was waiting in the queue to pay for the groceries when I received a message on my phone. Seeing that there are still two people in front of me, I opened the message and saw that it was from Mrs Lim, the nurse that Jimin hired to help him taking care of my cousin.

I saw that there were a few photos sent to me so I opened each of them before reading what Mrs Lim said below the photos.

The three photo sequence showed Jimin and Seulgi playing chess together at the living room. Mrs Lim wrote down telling that Seulgi seemed to be doing better now at being friendly again with Jimin. I smiled a little seeing her genuine smile in the candid photo taken by Mrs Lim.

It had been almost 3 months I left Seoul to work here in Busan. From the day I left, I asked Mrs Lim to update me about Seulgi as frequent as she can. Most of the times, she will only say short text to me since Seulgi did not show much improvement yet. Sometimes, she will send me her photos but this is the first time I see Jimin along in the photo.

"You look fine, Jiminie..", I muttered quietly.

"Chaeyoung?", the familiar yet shocking voice startled me as I slowly looked up to the person that was calling my name.

Our eyes met and we both looked shocked at each other. I was shocked to see him here and he was shocked...to see how different I look right now.

"Chaeyoung, you..."

"Jungkook, can we talk?", I cut him off as I grabbed his hand that was casually put in his pocket. "For a while, please?", I added as I tried to make him agree with my request.

He nodded and said that he will wait at the bench located outside the shop for me. I was hesitant to let him go but he assured me he will wait for me before doing anything else. I eventually let him go as he knew I was worried if he calls Jimin to tell him about our unexpected encounter in a small shop in the big city of Busan.

After I made my payment and walked out of the shop, Jungkook has already expecting me as he watched me to go to the bench. He stood up when I reached him and told me to sit down. I quietly did as told and looked at him quietly.

He stared back at me. He stared at my growing belly. He looked away when I put my arms around it. He said sorry for looking but I told him it was fine.

"Fine? Chaeyoung, let me get this clearly. I know that Jimin hyung has been hiding something from me. When I asked how he's doing, he said he's okay. When I asked how he's doing with you...he said everything's fine. Just that. He didn't tell me you're pregnant. He didn't tell me he's going to be a father. He only said you and him are fine but turns out...here you are...", he paused for a while. "I know he's in Seoul. There's no way he could come here for no reason. Travelling to other states is still restricted.", he added.

"Whatever your mind is telling you...you're right.", I replied as I have nothing to hide from him.

"My mind is right about you running away from him? But why?", Jungkook asked me back. "It can't be because of Seulgi noona.", he added.

"You knew about Seulgi unnie?", I asked.

Jungkook nodded his head, "Hyung told me about her."

I stayed quiet as I heard that. So, Jimin talked about Seulgi to Jungkook.

"Anyway, Chaeyoung..why?", Jungkook asked me again for my reason to be here instead of Seoul.