40

Park Jimin's POV

For the first time since I cooked using Chaeyoung's recipe, I spit the food I tasted.

"Did I put sugar instead of salt in this?!", I exclaimed in shock.

I have cooked soft tofu stew by myself before this for dinner. As far as I remember, the stew should be spicy instead of sweet. Did I really mistook sugar for salt? My dinner will be a nightmare if I eat this.

"I should put a label on these jars.", I sighed as I looked at the two jars on the kitchen island.

After a minute of thinking, I decided to just order food from outside so I took my phone to search for what I want to have for dinner. When I was scrolling through the food delivery application, I received a call from an unexpected number.

"Chae?", I blinked to make sure I did not see it wrong.

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I wondered what Jimin has been doing at home all alone at this time. Jaehyun told me that his test result turned out negative. I was glad to know that. At least, he is fine. I cannot imagine if he got infected with the virus too. I must be feeling guilty towards him if he got it. I knew I could be the cause of it considering that I have to go out of our house to work. Unlike him, he can work from home.

"Answer my call...", I stopped when the call I made to Jimin's number is finally picked up.

"Chaeyoung?", worry was evident in his voice even though he just said my name. "Chaeyoung, is that you?", I cleared my throat before I respond to him.

"Hey, Jiminie..", I smiled a little as I spoke to him.

I could hear him sighing at the other end.

"Chae, I'm glad I hear your voice.", he must be worried sick about me. That sigh of relief from him made me feel bad for not calling him much earlier.

"Me too..I'm sorry I didn't call much sooner.."

"No, no, Chaeyoung. Don't apologize. You didn't do anything wrong.", Jimin cut me off but I still felt bad towards him.

I sniffed quietly before I continued to speak, "I heard you're tested negative, honey. I'm glad to know that."

Jimin hummed in response, "I'm not glad though..."

I knew why he said that so I tried to make the conversation lighter, "Jiminie, you should be glad. You got tested twice and you're negative for both tests. You're very strong and you did a great job at taking care of yourself. Be proud of yourself, honey."

A soft chuckle is heard on his side. "How can I be proud when I can't take care of my wife well?", his words made me speechless. I should not say the last sentence to him.

I tried to find the right words words say to him but none came into my mind. He was silent too before he continued to speak, "Your sore throat has gone?"

I nodded before I answered, "It's gotten a bit better."

"That's good to hear. How about...other things? Other pain you feel...", I held myself from tearing up when he asked about my condition.

"Well...how do I say this..hmm, I still get short of breath at times...coughing in the morning...I had the soup you made for me, Jimin. But...I vomited everything an hour after that. All I could say is..I'm not feeling better yet...the pain comes and go, I don't know when I'll be out of here...", I told him the truth as I saw Dr Lee coming into the ward to check on me and the other patients.

"Mrs Park, I'm sorry to disturb you but I don't have much time here. I got two more wards to go after this. Can I ask you to put your phone down so that me and the nurse can check your temperature and all?", he asked me and I put up my hand hand give me a moment.

Then, I whispered to Jimin that I have to go and promise him that I will call him next time.

Park Jimin's POV

I heard the doctor's voice in the background.

"It's okay, Chae. We can talk again later.", I said after Chaeyoung whispered to me telling telling she cannot talk more with me. "Before you go, I want to know are you allowed to use your phone? Or they only give it to you when you want to use it?", I asked.

"I can use my phone but they do monitor us so that we don't overuse it. Don't worry, Jimin. I'll call you whenever I can. Okay, honey?", she replied to me.

I nodded with hope that we can talk again soon.

"Jimin, I have to go now. I'll call you later.", Chaeyoung added.

"Okay, Chae. Take care there, my love.", I said before we bid goodbye to each other.

🥀🥀🥀

After knowing for sure that Chaeyoung is allowed to use her phone, I always waited for her call each day. We managed to not miss a call for three days. She called me every night but when the night her name was not on my phone screen, I will make sure to call her the next morning to ask about what happened.

Her condition worried me so much. Every day, I think of her. Every day, I hold myself from sounding weak whenever we have our call. Every day, I pray she would come back to me healthy and happy.

It has been a week and two days since she got admitted to the hospital. She told me that her health has improved but she still has nausea and a mild fever haunting her. I always felt helpless when she talked about it but she would always say that I help her to be strong.

"I feel glad I could talk to you. You make me feel stronger to fight this virus, Jiminie.", her voice did not sound hoarse like it used to be. She sounded a little cheerful again.

"I wish you could come back within this week. You've been gone too long. Joohwangie missed you, Rosie.", I purposely said so that I can hear her little laugh in response.

She did laughed at it.

"Did you feed him?"

"I feed him everyday. He's gotten bigger now."

"Seriously? I'm just away for a week, Jimin.."

"Yeah, I'll send you his photo if you don't believe me."

"Yeah, right. Send me his photo later."

"I will. You will be shocked to see how his fins grow longer and his tummy got fat now."

I could hear Chaeyoung laughing loudly before suppressing it down. I smiled hearing it knowing that I made her a little happy at the hospital. I really wish she could come home soon. I cannot wait to hug her again.

🥀🥀🥀

We're at 40. Another 10 chapters, how about that? 🤔😏