8

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I froze when Jimin repeated my words.

"What did you say again? What if we try to learn to love?", he lunged forward and whispered to my right ear.

I was speechless with his closeness with me and my heart beat in an extremely irregular rate. Fear and love were mixed up in my heart. What is he doing to me actually?

"Tsk, dream on. You can try to learn to love me but don't you ever dream I will do the same. You are aware of who I love, right?", his cold tone of talking made my fear doubled up.

Plus, his stare on me made me wanting to run and hide from him but my feet were glued on the floor.

"Park Chaeyoung, you know who I love, right?", he asked me again because I did not respond to him.

I nodded as I held my tears in, "Kang Seulgi. You love Kang Seulgi from the start. Even though she rejected you, you still love her."

I looked away when I saw Jimin's face getting angrier than before. I did not mean to say the last sentence but I had to. I wanted him to realize that his love for my cousin will not go anywhere even though she agreed to marry him. Because in the end, he still got dumped by her on their wedding day.

"You don't have to remind me of that, Chaeyoung. Now you just made me even more mad with you.", he said before he left me and went upstairs to his room. "Maybe we don't have to make this work. Don't you think so, Chaeyoung?", he asked as I heard his voice coming from upstairs.

I did not dare to turn around and look at him. I remained quiet and looked down on the floor instead.

"You're quiet. That means yes, right? We don't have to make this work. Good. Keep doing whatever you want in this house, I'll do my own thing. That's it. That's how we make it work. You do you, I do me. Okay?", he added before I heard the door closing.

🥀🥀🥀

Park Jimin's POV

I woke up when my phone rang loudly near my ear. I almost cursed at it before I saw my father-in-law's name on the screen. My eyes quickly opened wide as I checked the time on the phone.

"Shoot. I slept for 6 hours?!", realisation hit me when I saw that it is already 6 PM in the evening.

Apparently, I stayed in my room after my little argument with Chaeyoung this morning. I only went out to take my lunch food delivered at the front door before I went back inside my room. After eating, I fell asleep.

"Relax, Jimin...oh, my sleepy face!", I talked to myself as I checked my face in the mirror. "Why he hasn't given up?", I whined while fixing my hair and slapped my face to look more lively than sleepy.

"Okay, here we go..", I said before I answered the call from my father-in-law.

Park Chaeyoung's POV

A relief sigh escaped my mouth as I wiped my teary eyes. I looked at my face in the mirror. Red, puffy eyes. Red nose. My voice was probably halting when I spoke to my dad earlier.

"I'm fine, dad. I just felt tired because of work, that's all."

What a bad liar I am.

Hopefully my dad believed me though. I did not want to make him worry about me. It was enough to hear my father-in-law was worried about me and Jimin this morning. I cannot add more people to worry about me especially my old man.

"Get yourself together, Chaeyoung. You're a strong person, remember that.", I told myself before I take a deep breath to gain my strength again.

After the little meditating session, I stood up from the vanity chair and decided to go downstairs to play with Joohwang. I smiled as I think of how glad I am for having a fish friend to have fun with. Even though Joohwang cannot talk with me, I feel connected to him for how he reacts to my hand gestures. He is such a good fish friend. A smart one unlike that human...

Darn it!

I stepped back when I opened the door and saw a person standing in front of my door. That human...

I blinked at him and he blinked at me. His hand was up in a fist probably ready to knock on my door earlier. I wondered what he is doing here. I thought we have a policy not to step near each other's rooms.

"Uh...Chaeyoung. We..we need to..to talk. Now.", he stuttered. For the first time, I heard him stuttering.

Then, he pointed downstairs so I slowly followed his lead to go down. As we walked on the stairs, I thought to myself on what is he going to talk about. I hope it is not about this morning though. I don't want to hear anything about this marriage won't work. I want to make it work. Please, Jimin.

Park Jimin's POV

Make this marriage work? How can I if I don't love her? This is hard.

"Before we go into the matter we need to talk about...I want to ask you something.", I said as we reached downstairs.

"What is it?", Chaeyoung replied in short.

"Okay..do you...know where Seulgi is exactly?", I asked her.

She looked into my eyes with her puffy eyes. Why is her eyes puffy though?

"If I know, I would have gone to her and tell her to come here.", she said after shaking her head to my question.

I scoffed a little to her words, "How much truth is there in your words?"

"100% true, Jimin-ssi. I know I don't belong here. She should be the one living here with you, not me.", Chaeyoung replied confidently to me. "If you don't believe me, you can search through my phone and all my social media accounts or whatever. You will not find any information that show I know where Seulgi unnie is. She's hiding herself from everyone very well, Jimin-ssi.", she added as she showed me her phone.

I looked at her with a confused frown as I was thinking why Seulgi hides from everyone. Especially during this kind of time where we cannot easily go and look for her. I had to admit she's smart for choosing to hide during this lockdown. But, why?

"Take my phone, Jimin-ssi. Check it yourself.", Chaeyoung's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"No need for that now.", I responded before I grabbed her hand and brought her to the living room.

🥀🥀🥀

Please stay negative from Covid and stay positive in your life, my dear readers! I'll see you next time!