26

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I focused on cleaning the kitchen island after we managed to make some proper lunch meal while waiting for Jimin's father to arrive. I ignored Jimin when he came back to help me cleaning after putting the dishes on the dining table. I did not want to make too much conversation with him since I am still doubting if his feelings for me is real or not.

"Talk to me, were you crying in your room?", he asked as his hand reached for the cleaning cloth in my hand.

I removed my hand away in reflex while he took the cloth on the countertop.

"Chaeyoung, babe.."

"I told you not to call me babe.", as much as I did not want to talk with him, my mouth cannot sync with my mind.

I could see his stunned expression when I looked at him.

"Okay, I won't call you that anymore. I just...I wanted to fix what is wrong with us. At least, let's be nice with each other just for today. Or until my father leaves.", Jimin said to me making me feel guilty towards him.

"Yes, I cried.", I replied as I looked into his eyes. "I cried because I miss my friends.", I added as the tears were appearing in my eyes.

"You miss your friends?", he asked me back.

I nodded and told him, "I had a video call with my best friends this morning. Lisa and Jisoo unnie. I haven't seen them for three months and with this pandemic going on, we just got sad thinking we can't meet up soon. Jisoo unnie is pregnant and stayed with her parents in Gunpo. Lisa is in Thailand. All of us are far away from each other. We planned to meet up next weekend but...seems like we had to cancel it."

"Oh...that's pretty bad.", that was all Jimin could say and I nodded along to it.

"Not pretty bad. It's really, really bad. Tae oppa is working here for my dad and he can't see his pregnant wife. Jisoo unnie has been crying from the start of our call telling me how she missed Tae oppa.", I shed a tear telling Jimin about it.

He seemed blank listening to my story, "I'm sorry but...who is Tae oppa?"

I forgot Jimin is unfamiliar of the name. I wiped the tears streaming down my cheeks and told him, "Taehyung oppa, my dad's assistant."

Jimin slowly nodded as if he just remembered something, "The man that talked a lot to you on the wedding day?"

I was shocked by the way he remembered Taehyung.

"Yeah, that man.", I responded in short.

"So, he's married...", Jimin uttered while rubbing the back of his head. What was he thinking?

"Uh...guys. Can you guys move a little?", suddenly we heard Jungkook's voice and we both turned to see him standing in front of us. "I want to take some tissues.", he said as he pointed to the drawer under the countertop.

Both of us stepped back and stood awkwardly in silence until Jungkook stood up with a roll of tissues in his hand. He looked at us both and laughed.

"What's with the silence, guys?", Jungkook asked before Jimin pulled him to leave us alone.

Just when they reached the entrance, we heard a doorbell sound and both of them widened their eyes at it. Jimin pushed Jungkook away and he tripped to fall on the ground clumsily. I wanted to help but Jimin blocked me. Jungkook got up by himself and quickly ran upstairs while Jimin tried to relax from the chaos.

"What is wrong with you two?", I asked in confusion.

Jimin put his finger on my lips and explained, "Jungkook is scared of my father so he will be hiding from now on. So, please don't say his name starting now, okay?"