17

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I went to have my shower after treating the bruises Jimin had on his nose and lips. However, my shower is interrupted when his last words before he left me in the living room came into my mind. Why did he sound like it was a big deal?

"Park Jimin, I'm asking you. What happened until your face is bruised like this?", I still remember how many times I asked him about what happened to him while treating the cut on his upper lips.

He was not responding until the fourth time which was right after I was done putting a stitches on the cut. He hissed in pain when I accidentally pressed his lips a bit before I removed my hand away. He glared at me but still replied to my question, "Thank you, Dr Park."

I looked at him in disbelief. I thought he was going to tell me the reason he got bruise but he just had to annoy me instead. I clenched my fist as I watched him walking away from me but then, I hid it behind me when he turned to look at me back.

"Why did you come home early today?", he asked.

"Because I can.", I simply replied as I quickly approached him again. "Now, Jimin-ssi. I've answered your question. Your turn, what happened?", I asked in concern.

"Don't bother.", he replied as he continued walking and I decided to stop him.

I grabbed his arm and made him to look at me in the eye.

"Tell me...so that I know if I should bother you about it or not. Who knows if you're injured somewhere else that I don't know of. I tend to get worried easily, Jimin-ssi. You better tell me if you don't want me to worry about you.", I asked him to tell me the truth.

For the second time on the same day, we stared into each others' eyes for I don't know how long it was until I felt Jimin pulling his arm away from my hold.

"I didn't repeat my question even though you didn't answer me so why don't you do the same?", he left me baffled at his last words.

Did he talked about the night I cried in his arms? Even if it is, why he sounded like it was a big thing? I was just so tired that day and I thought he would just understand it.

"Urgh...Park Jimin, you are one complicated man!", I complained under the shower for worrying about a man like Jimin.

🥀🥀🥀

Park Jimin's POV

After the dinner we had that night, I acted my part as a good husband to Chaeyoung like I have been doing for a week now. Jungkook seemed to be staying here with us longer so I have to make sure we are really in love in his eyes.

"Could you stop pretending, Jimin-ssi?", Chaeyoung spoke to me first after she ignored me almost the whole time when we were eating.

"Pretending?", I whispered as I helped her to wipe the dining table while she gathered the dirty dishes in a tray.

She rolled her eyes at me in response.

"I am not pretending. I am trying.", I said with a smile as I remembered she was the one suggesting we should try to make our marriage work.

She scoffed as she put the plates into the dishwasher. I knew she did not believe me. Even me, myself doubted my own words. Trying, huh? Will it work though?

"You know what, Jimin? Just stop trying if you only try because we're not alone in this house.", her words surprised me.

She sounded mad.

"Whoa...what's with the cold treatment tonight?", I tried to make the environment better but Chaeyoung only became colder with me.

"Cold treatment? You have been doing that to me from the first day we stepped inside this house, Jimin-ssi. You can't take it when I did the same to you?", I gulped when she said that to me.

Before she could leave me, I held her hand and apologized for whatever that made her angry with me tonight.

"Stop it, Jimin.", her voice sounded lower as if she pitied me.

"I won't...not until you forgive me.", I tried my best until I saw her eyes welled up in tears. "There it is again..", I spoke my mind out purposely so that she will look up to my face. "Those tears. That night in front of the hospital, you were in tears too. Why did you cry?", I asked not minding if Jungkook could hear us. "If you tell me, I might tell you what happened to me today.", I added.

Chaeyoung looked at me with her tears now streaming down to her cheeks. I could not help but to wipe those tears away with the sleeve of my shirt. Unexpectedly, Chaeyoung shook her head and took a step back before she hit my shoulders.

"You like to make me worry about you, is it? Why can't you just tell me what happened? I won't act cold with you if you just say it, Jimin.", she said as she repeatedly hit me but I did not mind it.

Her hands stopped hitting when I held them down.

"That day I cried...it was because of that day was the most tiring day I had since I started my residency. I'm sorry if I startled you with the hug but I just needed some comfort at that time. Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable, Jimin.", she explained while looking down to the ground.

Park Chaeyoung's POV

Right after letting myself burst out with tears, I indirectly showed him how worried I am about him. I even told him my petty reason for crying the other night. Now, he must be laughing at me and I cannot watch it.

"Chaeyoung...I may not be the best comfort you got but...I could try to be the best if you give me time.", I heard something unexpected from him. "I admit I don't love you yet but if you give me time...we might be able to make this marriage work.", he added as I raised my head to see his face.

He looked sincere. He asked me if I want to help him to really fall in love with me. He sounded serious about what he said. I did not say a word because my mind was busy thinking carefully about his words.

"Chaeyoung...you will help me, right?", he asked again as he held my hands, gently squeezing them.

"Only if you tell me what happened to you today.", I replied as I formed a little smile for him.

🥀🥀🥀

*I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. I'll see you again next time...by the way, as usual...👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

Stay safe
Stay home (unless you have to go somewhere and can't avoid it)
Wear face mask
Sanitize when necessary
Take care of yourself