9

Park Chaeyoung's POV

Jimin grabbed my hand and led me to the living room. He told me to sit and I obeyed it before he sits on the sofa opposite from mine. He took almost ten minutes of silence before he speaks to me. I was going to say something when he suddenly uttered the question breaking the silence that surrounded us.

"Do you really want to do it?"

I was clueless as to what he referred to before he explained what it is to me.

"Make this forced marriage work. Do you really think you want to do it, Park Chaeyoung?", he repeated his question to me.

Did he really have to ask me that? Of course I wanted this marriage to work even though it was forced and loveless. But, I know it will not work if only one person is trying to make it work. This forced and loveless marriage needs the both of us. It needs we, not just me.

"We need to work together if we want to make this forced marriage work.", he added.

My heart skipped a beat when I heard his words. For the first time, we had the same thought about this marriage. I barely could hear the next thing he said when our eyes met.

"...what do you think of it?", that was all I heard at the end when he gazed at me anticipating for my answer.

I blinked away from looking into his eyes and apologized, "I'm sorry, Jimin-ssi. I didn't hear everything you said earlier. Could you...repeat again, please?"

He clicked his tongue in annoyance so I just automatically apologized again.

"Whatever. Now, listen carefully.", he pointed at me as I slowly looked at him again.

"Okay, I know I might have gone too much with you this morning. So, I thought carefully about this forced marriage of us and I think it's worth a try. We should try to make this work. What do you think?", he repeated his words as I asked. "But...please don't think it will be easy. I still love Seulgi. So, you got to work hard if you want me to love you. Do you understand?", he added as if he purposely trying to let me down.

I nodded before I speak, "But I won't do this...if only one side is working hard on it."

I felt him staring sharply at me when I said that. I was surprised with myself too. Why did my mouth easily saying things without filter? I'm doomed if he goes mad like in the morning.

"I will do my part too, Chaeyoung. I will. Just...you have to bear with me. I'm not used to you yet. You understand, right?", his respond surprised me even more.

Is he serious? We are going to make this marriage work?

🥀🥀🥀

It had been two weeks since our marriage and I was watching the live announcement from the President when Jimin came to the living room sitting next to me. I was almost smiling before he grabbed the TV controller and almost changed the channel if I did not steal the controller back. Shame on me for thinking he is doing his part in this marriage.

"Come on, I want to watch something interesting. This is so...boring, you know?", he whined as I hid the controller under my thigh.

"Shut up. The President is speaking.", I said without looking at him. Honestly, he annoyed me so much. It was almost a week since the day we agreed to try...but it seemed like I was the only one trying.

"Oh, please...for sure he is going to announce that the lockdown is continuing. Two weeks is not enough.", he kept talking but I stayed quiet to focus on our country's President on the TV.

I turned up the volume and let Jimin complained like a kid next to me.

"I believe that we need more time to fight this pandemic therefore the national lockdown that is supposed to end two days from now will be extended for another two weeks...", the President said as an illustration of a calendar appeared on the TV screen.

"See? I told you!", Jimin yelled as he managed to make me flinched from my seat and he took the controller quickly.

I glared at him but he ignored me as he changed the TV channel.

"Playing with Joohwang is more interesting.", I purposely said it out loud before I left him alone there.

When I was walking to go to the back door where Joohwang's tank is located at, the doorbell rang.

"Chaeyoung, can you check the door?", my face got angrier when I heard Jimin said that to me.

I pretended not to hear him and ran quietly to the back door to greet my fish. As I waved my hand at Joohwang, the doorbell at the front rang again. Just who it is that coming to this house right now? I did not order anything or buy anything online. It must be Jimin!

"Chaeyoung, please check the door for me! I am watching an important scene right now. Please...", Jimin shouted from the living room.

"Check it yourself! I didn't order anything, it must be you!", I shouted back at him.

"I didn't order anything too.", he replied before the third doorbell ring is heard. "Chaeyoung..."

"Okay, I go! Stop calling me.", I gave up with this shouting game and head to the front door to greet whoever it is that makes my bad day becomes even more worse than it has.

As I reached the door, I took a deep breath and faked the brightest smile before I turned on the CCTV monitor screen beside the door. I saw a male figure standing just outside our gate and I turned on the speaker before he ring the doorbell again. I cleared my throat before I speak.

"Hello. Umm...who are you and...who are you looking for here?", I said as the man did not seemed to be a deliveryman from the way he dressed.

"Hello. This is Park Jimin's house, am I right?", the man responded with a smile at the end of his words.

I turned off the speaker and turned around to look at the living room.

"Jimin, you got a visitor!", I shouted to my childish husband with annoyance.

🥀🥀🥀

Hey, there. Hehe, a whole Chaeyoung's POV in this chapter. Hopefully you guys still enjoy it. I'm about to sleep but before that, as usual...👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

Stay safe
Stay home
Wear face mask
Sanitize when necessary
Take care if you go out