22

Park Chaeyoung's POV

The day I waited for finally came. The day I will be home after a week of staying at the hospital working with no proper break. The day I will see Jimin again and let him hug me as he said two days ago. Oh, his Covid-19 test result? Fortunately he and Jungkook are both tested negative.

I tried to finish my work for the day as soon as I can but I could only plan.

"Gosh, will he still be awake right now?", I whined as I walked to my car after realizing how late it is right now. "Hopefully he's still awake.", I said as I started to drive my car at 11.11 PM.

Park Jimin's POV

I cannot believe what I am doing right now. From the veranda of her room, I went down to the first floor and waited for her at the living room. It has passed 11 at night but she still has not come home yet. Did she suddenly has to work overtime?

🐿 Chaeyoung 🦁: I'll be done with work around 10. See you later tonight, Jimin.

"Looks like she's a bit late.", I stared at the message she sent me this morning.

I did not know what has come to me but I think I has started to fall in love with her. Or is this just a pity?

🥀🥀🥀

Park Chaeyoung's POV

The house seemed to be dark from outside. All the lights are turned off. I could only hear the wind breeze of the night as I walked out from the garage to the back door.

When I reached the door and unlocked it, I heard Jimin's voice on the other side. I slowly turned the doorknob and saw his back leaning against the fish tank. He looked like to be busy with a call. He did not realized I have opened the door.

I purposely closed it back and waited for him to be done with the call before I show up in front of him.

"Yes, father. I'm doing my best to keep her happy here. Don't worry."

"Since we're talking about this, can I...ask you to forget about what we agreed on?"

"I know I was tempted when you said you'll invest in my company if I'm able to make Chaeyoung happy with me but...can you not do that, father?"

"I think...it's not fair for her. I feel like I'm using her for my own good and I..."

Those words he said to the phone made me felt anxious in a sudden. Father. Was he talking to my dad? His father-in-law?

And what was that investing about? I heard my name in that conversation. Not fair? Using me? What was that all about?

Park Jimin's POV

"I think...it's not fair for her. I feel like I'm using her for my own good and I...", I paused as I walked to the living room back. "I think I'm starting to fall for her, father.", I finished my words as I sat down on the sofa with guilt building up in my heart.

A chuckle is heard from my father-in-law's side. "Do you really feel that way?", he asked me. "Do you really have fallen for my dear daughter? Please don't get me wrong but I'm asking because it's only almost a month you two got married.", he added.

I sighed before I answer him, "Honestly speaking...I think I can accept her now as my wife. And with the deal you proposed to me, I actually got it now, father. I know why you made me a deal like that. You just want to make me realize it myself, isn't it? You want me to fall in love with Chaeyoung and that deal is just to shorten the time that I'll fall for her?"

Another laugh is heard from him. "I just want the both of you to fall in love with each other. I know how Chaeyoung feels for you. I just don't know how you feel for her. But, I knew that time I called her that day..she was sad and I didn't like to see how broken she was. You're right about the deal, it's just to shorten the time for you to love her. For you to try to give her a chance to enter your heart.", he replied. "Now, Jimin. I ask you again, do you really love Chaeyoung?", he asked me.

"I...I'm trying to...but I really want the deal off. It makes me feel guilty to love her, father.", I answered him as honest as I can.

I am falling for Chaeyoung. I am trying to love her more than I loved Seulgi. I just want to be free from guilt before I can express myself fully to her.

"Alright, Jimin. You said it yourself. I will call the deal off now but I still want you to promise me. Please love Chaeyoung as much as she loves you. Can you do that?", my father-in-law spoke to me.

"Okay, father. I will. You have my word.", I replied before we ended the late night call between us.

I let out a sigh of relief when the call ended. I felt a burden on my shoulder had finally been resolved. Maybe I should have done this sooner. Talk to my father-in-law to call the deal off.

"I will learn to love you more, Park Chaeyoung.", I muttered before I heard a sound from the front door.

I got up from the sofa and walked to the direction of the door. There, I saw Chaeyoung putting her shoes in the shoe rack and was about to go upstairs. I walked faster and greeted her.

"Hey, Chaeyoung.", I said with a smile.

She turned and looked at me with a blank expression.

"Hi, Jimin.", she replied briefly before taking a step on the stairs.

"Umm, Chae...do you forget something?", I asked as she stopped walking and turned to see me again. I smiled before I took her hand and pulled her into a hug. I knew she wanted it but she might be just shy to say it.

"Jimin, I'm tired. Let me go, please.", I was a bit stunned with her words.

I slowly let go of her and looked at her expressionless face.

"I've bought something to eat with you. Have you had dinner?", I asked, hoping that she will like to spend some time with me before sleeping.

"I'm sleepy, Jimin. You can eat if you want. Bye.", Chaeyoung replied as she turned around and left me speechless on the first floor.

Did I do something wrong to her? Shouldn't she be happy to see me? It is weird but maybe she is just very tired at work.

🥀🥀🥀

Anyone feel like crying here? 😬