12

Park Chaeyoung's POV

"Okay, Dalmi. Close your eyes now and go to sleep, okay?", I said as I tucked the 6 years old girl into bed.

Dalmi nodded to me before she closed her eyes. I was ready to leave and wish her good night but she opened her eyes back and touched my hand. I asked her if there is anything I can help her with.

"Dr Park, can you sing me a lullaby? I can't sleep without a lullaby. My mom always sing to me before I sleep.", she said to me making me smile to her.

"Okay, I'll sing you something but promise me, you go to sleep after that, can you?", I asked as I showed her my pinky finger and she intertwined it with hers.

"I promise.", she replied before I sang her Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star while patting her arm.

🥀🥀🥀

Park Jimin's POV

I was enjoying the game I play on my phone when Jungkook came running downstairs from his room with a sheet of paper. I looked at the time as I need to go to sleep early since I will have a meeting tomorrow with some of the staff in my family's company. Plus, my father-in-law will be joining too so I need to show myself with a big smile to him.

"Hyung, look at this.", Jungkook said as he showed me the paper that had some scribbles on it.

"What?", I lazily replied.

"Look at what I have here, hyung. I was in my room at the veranda just enjoying the night breeze and...I got inspired to write this.", Jungkook said to me so I stopped playing and took the paper from him.

The moon looks lonely,
Like it's crying in the bright night sky,
Even though I always know the morning will come,
I want to stay in your sky like a star

I read the words written and smiled at the little drawing of stars below.

"What do you think, hyung? Can we make it into something?", he asked me.

"Of course we can but...not now. I don't have my equipment here, Kook.", I told him as I put the paper on the coffee table.

"It's okay. I can just write first and maybe use the guitar I saw in your office to create the melody.", Jungkook replied with enthusiasm.

I nodded before I apologized to him. He looked at me with a frown.

"I'm sorry because I couldn't keep my promise. I said you will make a debut in the first quarter of this year but now, this pandemic happened.", I explained my sudden apology to him.

"Oh, that's okay, hyung. You don't have to apologize for something we can't control. It's not your fault.", he responded with a smile on his face.

"But, still..."

"Hyung, if you still want to say sorry to me then, I'll do the same too. I'm your artist and you just started the recording company like...what? Four or five months ago? I haven't done my best part for your company so please don't feel sorry to me.", Jungkook cut me off making me went speechless with him.

Jungkook might be playful and childish sometimes but when he gets serious...he can speak maturely like he is not younger than me.

"Anyway, hyung..where is Chaeyoung? Is she not coming home tonight too?", he asked me.

I looked at the time on my phone. 10.30 PM.

"She's still on-call, I guess.", I told him even though I was not very sure about it.

"Whoa, now I know how hard it is to be a doctor. Very busy.", Jungkook said as he shook his head in disbelief.

I smiled before I patted his shoulder, "Why? Do you miss her already?"

He quickly shook his head and laughed, "You should be the one missing her. I don't. I just...miss her homemade food. We've been eating outside food for two days, hyung. And we have no bread anymore for breakfast tomorrow."

I laughed a little at his words before I nodded, "I'll shop for some groceries tomorrow. Or...we can just buy food for breakfast."

Jungkook shook his head saying that he rather make breakfast himself than buying outside. As for me, I do not really mind eating outside food but I do miss homemade ones too.

🥀🥀🥀

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I heaved a long sigh as I got back to my desk. It was a long day for me. I need my rest now.

"Chaeyoung, you're still here.", Chanyeol came in and went to his desk which is just in front of mine.

"Yeah, oppa.", I replied shortly as I did not feel like talking much after the tiring day I had.

"Aren't you going home? You're not in the on-call list if I'm not mistaken.", he spoke to me as he turned on his computer.

I was going to reply to him but he added, "You've been staying here for two nights, right? Your husband doesn't miss you at home?"

I was taken aback at his question but I tried to stay cool to respond to him, "He...misses me but he knows how busy I am here. He's the one telling me to just stay the night at the hospital if I'm too tired to drive home. Don't worry about me, oppa."

I smiled at him before he ended our conversation with focusing on writing his report. I put my head down on my desk and closed my eyes. I wanted to rest for a while before I go to the staff room where I can sleep on the bunk bed.

As I rested my eyes, I remembered the night I had to share my room with Jimin. I was positively thinking that nothing would happen even if we sleep on the same bed. He does not like me so what is there to worry about?

We shared the bed and slept without facing each other. I turned to the left and he turned to the right. There was quite a big gap between us on the bed as far as I could recall. We were sleeping soundly that night without interrupting each other.

But when the morning came, I felt all the horror enveloping me.

"Jimin, let me go!"

I yelled at him repeatedly until he released me from his grip. I  did not know how he can come close to me but I literally chased him away from my bed that morning. I let him continue sleeping on the floor while I went for shower and get ready for work.

I was so mad at him for what he did but he seemed fine when I wanted to leave my room. He could still go to my bed and lied down on it when I told him that he can have my bed when I am away for work. He only raised his hand up and made an okay sign before continuing to sleep. I hate him.

"I am never going home!", I uttered as I opened my eyes.

🥀🥀🥀

*My dear readers, how was this chapter? I hope you enjoy it. I'll see you next time...by the way, please always...👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

Stay safe
Stay home (unless you have to go somewhere and can't avoid it)
Wear face mask
Sanitize when necessary
Take care of yourself