38

Park Jimin's POV

It has been a week since Chaeyoung got back to work at the hospital while I work from home. Our relationship has gotten better each day despite both of us are getting busier with our career. Chaeyoung has gone back to her schedule of having multiple days of on-call duty and I am getting busier with the exporting of our rubber gloves to other countries.

I was checking my email when I received a call that made me smile from ear to ear. The name on the screen could always make me forget how tired I was.

Love of My Life 🐿

"Annyeong, Love of My Life.", I smiled as I answered her call.

"Hey, Jimin..", her hoarse voice made me concerned before she cleared her throat. "Jimin, I'm sorry I can't come home tonight. I have two surgeries to do and might finish late. Can you bring me clothes for tomorrow later?", she added as I felt a little bit sad knowing it from her.

"Sure, Chae. Anything else you need?", I replied while hearing her coughing on the other end. "Chaeyoung, are you okay?", I asked.

She hummed in response, "It's just a little sore throat. I've taken medication. Don't worry about me, Jimin."

"Okay, then. I'll go to the hospital tonight. See you tonight, my love.", I replied to her.

🥀🥀🥀

Park Chaeyoung's POV

Having dry cough and sore throat should be not worrying me since I do catch them sometimes. But, having them at the same time was quite worrying me right now. Every moves I make, I will think about one thing. Did I get in contact with a Covid-19 positive person?

"Chae, are you okay?", I turned to see Jaehyun walking into the cafe while I am on my way out.

"Oh, Jaehyun. Yeah, I'm okay.", I showed a smile as I passed him.

I did not feel like talking too much since we needed to maintain our social distance with each other. He did not seem to follow me so I keep walking out even though my steps are not quick as usual. When I reached the elevator, I suddenly felt a shortness of breath until I had to hold the wall to keep my balance.

"Chaeyoung, are you really okay?", Jaehyun's voice came again to me.

"I...", a sudden pain in my chest made me hissed before I collapsed.

🥀🥀🥀

Park Jimin's POV

I took in the smell of the chicken ginseng soup that I made using Chaeyoung's recipe to surprise her later. It smells good just as how I wanted it to be. I hope she will like it and it will soothe her sore throat.

"Now, let's check the time...", I peeked my head to see the wall clock at the living room. "9. Alright, let's have a shower and then, I can go to the hospital.", I turned off the stove and walked upstairs to our bedroom to be ready to go out.

Just when I got inside and went to check my phone that was being charged, it rang in my hand.

"Chae?", I saw her name on the screen so I picked up right away. "Hello?"

"Hey...honey..."

"Chae?", I felt disturbed hearing her voice.

"Jimin, listen to me. Where are you right now?", Chaeyoung asked so I told her I am still at home and will be going to the hospital soon. "Oh..umm, honey..I...don't want you to come here...I...", a frown formed on my forehead as I heard what she said.