16

Park Jimin's POV

Waiting. It is one of the most painful feelings ever, I believe.

It is even more painful when you have to queue up in one long line under the hot sun. I regretted my decision to drive to the mall just because I ran out of shampoo. I looked for it in every small shops and convenience stores but they did not have it anymore.

I reached the mall at 12 in the afternoon and the sun was shining pretty nicely that day. I did not expect anything to go wrong until I saw the queue at the main entrance. It was pretty long and it was the only queue opened to enter the mall.

Right now, it has been an hour for me to stand in the queue and I have gotten bored of waiting. If not because Jungkook ordered something to buy, I might have given up and go home instead. I did not know why the mall only open one queue to enter when there was supposed to have three queues as I watched from the news.

A shopping mall can open and people can come with strict measures. The staff have to prepare at least two queues for entrance and exit. The ways to enter and exit are also using different entrances. And the most important thing the staff have to prepare is to put a marker every 1 meter along the queue. I wondered why this mall did not open the other two queues they have prepared for this dangerous time.

"Man...I can't wait anymore! Where's the staff?!", a man standing behind me cut the queue as he walked past me.

I wanted to stop him but I was hesitating to leave my spot. I could only watch until the man was pulled by another man standing 2 meters away in front of me. He told the man to go back into queue but it seemed like he did not care of it.

Because of his stubbornness, a group of men surrounded him and pulled him to the back until he fell on the woman that was standing in front of me. I went to help her and the stubborn man tried again to go inside without obeying the queue. I did not want to interfere or get involved but I suddenly felt someone pulling my shirt and punched me on the face.

I winced a little and tried to look at the person that punched my face with confusion.

"Why did you punch me?", I asked the man wearing blue checkered shirt.

"It's your fault that man made a fuss! You were in front of him and you saw him. Why did you not stop him earlier?!", he scolded me as I was taken aback by his angry voice.

"I'm sorry but I don't want to put myself in danger.", I answered him for my decision to stay out of the stubborn man's business.

This angry man scoffed at me, "You are already in danger once you got here, kid."

"What?", I had nothing much to say to this angry stranger when the mall staff and a few men wearing security outfit came to the scene.

"Gentlemen, please be patient! We are sorry if we couldn't commit to your needs right now. We know opening only one queue isn't effective but please understand..we are currently lack of staff here. Please...I ask all of you to queue up and wait patiently until your turn to enter.", I sighed as I heard what the staff said.

Maybe I should just go home now.

🥀🥀🥀

Park Chaeyoung's POV

When I entered the house through the back door, I saw Jungkook approaching me with a tray of fruits and orange juice in his hands. He stopped when he saw me near the door.

"Hi, Chaeyoung-ssi. You're home early today.", he greeted me first.

I nodded, "Hi, Jungkook-ssi. Where are you going with this tray?"

He smiled before saying that he wanted to relax and chill in front of the swimming pool. I stepped aside and gave way for him to go out. Before he left, he told me something about Jimin.

"He seemed unhappy after he went out to the mall. I wonder why but he did not say anything to me.", he said before he went out leaving me to think what is wrong with Jimin.

As I walked along the hallway to go to the stairs, I glanced at the living room and saw Jimin lying on the sofa with eyes closed. He seemed to be sleeping as I walked closer to him. He looked tired at the same time. Was it because of work or because he went out as Jungkook said to me?

The mask that he still had on his face bothered me. At first, I chuckled as I felt funny to see him sleeping with the mask on his face. But then, a red mark on his nose made me curious of what he hid under the mask.

Slowly and carefully I crouched down to get a closer look and then, I pulled the mask down.

"Gosh, Jimin! Wake up!", I shook his shoulders to wake him up.

He turned to the other side while mouthing something like 'go away' to me. I clenched my fist and tried again to wake him up. Even though he annoyed me, I cannot help to be worried about him.

"Jimin, wake up!", I shook him again but his eyes remained closed.

Because of that, I headed to my room and came back downstairs with a first aid kit in my hand. I did not care if he really is still sleeping or just pretending, it is my nature to cure anyone I see is hurting.

With clean cloth, I wiped his upper lips that had a blood stain on it. He shivered from it so I hushed him to hold the pain for a moment. He still did not open his eyes making me wonder if he feels pain when I touched his lips.

"Stay calm...I just want to...", I paused when I felt a hand grabbing my wrist.

Then, I looked at Jimin's face and his eyes opened up looking into mine.

"What are you doing?", he asked me.

"I just...wanted to treat your bruises.", I answered him.

He put his legs down and sat on the sofa carefully.

"Let it be. It will get better later.", he said in which made me frowned at him.

"Do you think it will get better without treatment? You clearly came home and didn't do anything to treat those bruises. You slept with mask on, what's wrong with you?", I strictly told him like he is a stubborn patient to me.

He turned to look at me with a glare but I did not get affected at all by it.

"Why do you care though?", he said before standing up.

I quickly pulled his hand and forced him to sit but he would not budge at all.

"Jimin, sit!", I yelled at him as I kept pulling his hand.

"No.", he replied in short.

"Don't...", I stood up quickly facing him eye to eye. "Force..", I put my hands on his chest. "Me.", and I pushed him with all my strength to make him sit down.

I succeeded after the second push but he still wanted to fight with me. Because of that, I struggled to keep my balance and eventually fell on top of him. I looked up at him and was startled with how close my face was with his face.

We were having a staring contest and trust me, I felt like time was moving very slowly as our eyes burning right through our souls. It was the longest time I have been staring into a man's eyes, I am not lying.

"Whoa..", a voice interrupted us. I blinked when I heard the voice while Jimin shifted his head to see Jungkook at the hallway watching us. "Umm...I'm sorry. I just wanted to fill my glass. Hehe..", that carefree guy ran into the kitchen like nothing just happened.

"Sit still if you don't want me to add more bruises on your face.", I whispered before I moved back from the closeness with Jimin on the sofa.