6

Park Chaeyoung's POV

A week has passed since the sudden wedding I had with Jimin but I could say nothing much has changed. Despite the fact that we are living in one roof, we do everything separately. Only that last time I came home late, we had late dinner together and that was it. He never asked me to cook or do anything for him.

I sighed as I thought of how boring my life is after my shift is done for the day.

"Chaeyoung, knock knock!", the tap on my desk startled me.

"Oh, Chanyeol oppa. Hi.", I looked at him who is still wearing his white coat in front of my desk.

"Where have you been?", he asked as he took off the coat and looked at his wristwatch for the time at the moment.

I frowned as I asked what he meant. He smiled before he spoke to me, "I was asking you if you're going home but you weren't aware of it. Where did your mind take you to? How far have you travelled?"

I gasped in embarrassment while he giggled at my reaction.

"Sorry...I didn't realized it.", I said as I slightly bowed my head.

"It's okay. So, back to my question. Are you going home now?", he asked and I nodded to him.

I took off my white coat and hung it on the coat hanger near the door.

"Why, oppa? Are you going to ask me if I want to have dinner with you?", I asked as I crossed my arms and looked at him shaking his head.

"No, I can't ask you like I used to. You're someone's wife now, Chaeyoung-ah.", Chanyeol replied as he opened the door and letting me to go out first.

I nodded to him, "Who knows? You always do that whenever my shift ended the same time like you."

He nodded back at me, "Right but now it's different, isn't it?"

No, it's the same. I said to myself.

"Chaeyoung?", Chanyeol snapped his fingers in front of my face as we reached the elevator.

"Yes?", I came back to reality and looked at him in curiosity.

He chuckled before he tapped on the down icon on the button panel.

"Never mind.", he said as the elevator opened.

We got inside and both tapped on different numbers on the panel.

"Oppa, what was it? You were saying something and I didn't pay attention again, isn't it?", I tried to ask as I can see a little disappointment on his face because I ignored him again just now.

"Yeah, you were.", he said as he faced front instead of my face. "I was saying that now we're in a lockdown, we can't eat outside, Chaeyoung. Did you forget that?", he added as he turned to face me with a smile.

Again, I felt embarrassed with him. "Ahhh, right. I forgot. I'm sorry, oppa.", I hit my head for forgetting such an important thing.

"It's okay. I guess I'll see you tomorrow at work?", Chanyeol said as the elevator opened at the upper basement parking floor.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow, oppa.", I replied as I walked out to go to my car.

As I got inside my car, I checked my phone and saw an unexpected message came in the notification.

Park Jimin-ssi: Hey, Chaeyoung. Are you coming home tonight?

🥀🥀🥀

Park Jimin's POV

With a big grin on my face, I greeted Chaeyoung who came through the front door holding paper bags in her hands.

"My food is here!", I said before Chaeyoung took a step back as if she did not want me to take the food from her.

"Where's the bucket of water? Don't you always leave it beside the door?", she asked as she pointed to the empty spot where I have been putting a bucket of clean water and a bottle of sanitizer for these few days.

The widespread of the virus around the country actually scared me. The number of cases kept increasing and there have been a few deaths because of it. Since Chaeyoung works at a hospital, I got even more worried for myself because I live with her. So, I will never let her come back home without washing her hands and feet before she steps further inside.

"Gosh, I forgot to put it here. Wait. Don't go anywhere.", I said as I headed to the kitchen to get the bucket and the sanitizer.

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I went back outside and sat down on the staircase waiting for Jimin there. While waiting for him, I looked back at our messages before.

Park Jimin-ssi: Hey, Chaeyoung. Are you coming home tonight?

Me: Hi, Jimin-ssi. Yes. Why?

Park Jimin-ssi: Great! Can you drop by at BigHot Restaurant and buy me food there?

Me: Oh, sure.

I shook my head for expecting him to text me first because he cared about me. The truth is he just cares about his stomach. He did not care about me.

"Okay, here. Wash your hands and feet first, please.", he came back and put the bucket behind me.

I went on to wash my hands and feet properly before I sanitized the part where I hold the paper bags in my hands. Once I did them all, Jimin allowed me to get inside and asked for his food again. I handed him the paper bag with his food while I took the other paper bags to the kitchen by myself.

🥀🥀🥀

*A short chapter but I hope you still enjoy it. I'll see you next time with a longer update...by the way, remember to always...👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

Stay safe
Stay home (unless you have to go somewhere and can't avoid it)
Wear face mask
Sanitize when necessary
Take care of yourself