25

Park Jimin's POV

Silence filled my morning as I had breakfast by myself at the dining table. Halfway eating, I remembered the call I had with my father just now. He said he is visiting in the afternoon since the pandemic restriction has been lifted a little.

Realizing that I have not told Chaeyoung nor Jungkook about it made me quicken my pace to finish my porridge. They have to know before my father comes here. Especially Jungkook, he should hide if he does not want to be chased away for interrupting a one-month old married couple in this house.

🥀🥀🥀

Right after cleaning the dining table, I ran upstairs and saw Jungkook walking out from his room which originally was mine.

"Hyung, what's the rush?", he asked so I changed my direction to meet him first.

"Hey, listen. My father is coming here.", I told him in short.

His eyes went round before he replied, "Uh...what should I do?"

I shook my head before answering, "Hide yourself from him."

My father might not be a strict and scary person but Jungkook always said he felt scared whenever he meets my father. He said he felt a dark aura around him whenever they meet. I did not understand this young man though. My father is the most chill person I know.

"Hide? Stay in the room?", Jungkook pointed to the door of his room.

I looked at it before shaking my head, "That's a bit risky. I don't know if my father will stay here or just visiting so...you should hide in my office."

He looked at the door of the room I used as my office and turned to look at me back, "Seriously, hyung?"

I nodded. "That's the safest place I could think of. There's a long sofa, a guitar, a laptop you can use to watch anything you want. Only one thing is lacking. Food. Go get something from the kitchen and bring it there. Okay?", I told him how convenient it is to hide in the office before he sighed in defeat and headed downstairs to get food as I instructed.

Then, I turned around and went back to my prior destination. I knocked on the door once and I called her name, "Chaeyoung?"

I waited a second. Two seconds. Three...and then, I knocked again.

"Chaeyoung, can I come in?", I asked since I did not want to just barge in when she is doing her report. That will be rude.

I waited silently but my hand could not hold itself anymore. I tried to turn the doorknob but it did not moved. Chaeyoung locked the door on me.

"Chaeyoung, can you please open the door for a while?", I made myself louder as I peeked downstairs, worried that Jungkook will find me being locked out here by my wife.

"No..I'm busy. Can you come back a little later?", finally I heard her voice from inside.

"Oh..okay.", I gave in and made a mental note to remind myself to come back in an hour to see her.

🥀🥀🥀

Killing my time in the office with Jungkook was a wrong move. We played video games for two hours and it was almost 11 when I remembered something. I haven't told Chaeyoung about my father's visit!

I quickly told Jungkook that he has to stay alone and keep quiet from now on before I left him in the office. Then, I headed back to Chaeyoung's room and knocked the door like I did early in the morning. She still locked herself in there.

"Chaeyoung, are you still doing your work? I need to talk to you, babe.", I tried my best to get her attention.

"Don't...babe me, Jimin. I don't like it.", she finally opened the door for me.

"I just want to get your attention, Chaeyoung.", I replied as I entered the room.

When I turned around, I saw her leaning against the door with her glare on me and her arms crossed.

"Get my attention? For what?", she looked away when I saw her eyes glistened as if she was crying before this.

"Okay, you have to listen to me.", I walked closer to her and stopped with our faces just a few inches away from each other.

Again, Chaeyoung turned to the other way as if she knew I was trying to get a clearer look on her face.

"Just say it. I'm all ears.", she spoke in her low voice.

"Okay. My father is coming this afternoon to visit us.", I revealed before I got shocked with her sudden turn of face to look at me with her widened eyes.

"What did you say? Who?", she asked.

I repeated myself, "My father. Your father-in-law. He's visiting..."

"Why did you just tell me now?! Oh, gosh!", Chaeyoung cut me off as she suddenly looked tensed with the information I just told her.

"I wanted to tell you since two hours ago but you won't let me in.", I tried to defend myself.

Chaeyoung looked straight into my eyes and stared like an eagle, "So, now you're telling me I'm at fault?"

I gulped at her watery plus scary eyes. In the next second, she wiped her eyes and shook her head.

"I don't have time to argue with you. Come on, you have to help me.", she held my hand and I followed her downstairs with a clueless mind.

"Wait, where are we going?", I asked as we reached the last staircase. We are not going out and run away from my father, right? Why did I think Chaeyoung is not ready to see my father? She already met him on our wedding day and my father is not a strict man.

"Where are we going?", she repeated my words which made me intimidated again with her. "You see the time? When will your father get here again?", she asked as she pointed at the wall clock.

I told her my father will come within an hour or before 2 in the afternoon.

"Exactly and I haven't prepared anything for lunch. I will be a rude daughter-in-law to him if I don't welcome him with something to eat when he arrives.", she said to me as she pulled my hand to the kitchen. "I know we're not in good term for now but right now, I need your help. If I do everything alone, he might get here before the food is ready.", she added as she looked around in the fridge and faced me again with an odd look.

"What?", I asked her.

"Are you good with knife?", she replied me with a question back.

I slightly nodded, "Pretty good."

She nodded at me back, "Great. Come here."

🥀🥀🥀

-R-