29

Park Chaeyoung's POV

The clock ticking sound bothered me so much. It is almost 10 PM and I should go home after staying a night here at the hospital. If I stay again, surely my colleagues will feel weird of it.

"Damn it. Why did you let Jimin send you to work yesterday, Chaeyoung?", I mentally scolded myself.

Right now, I regretted the decision of letting Jimin drive me yesterday morning. After the talk we had, he drove me to work in silence and we never talked again. He did told me to tell him when to pick me up but I stayed silent from him until now. I wondered if he came here last night. I did not tell him I was on-call.

"Chaeyoung, you're still here?", Hoseok entered the staff room as I got up from the bunk bed I was lying on.

"Hi, Hobi oppa. You're staying here tonight?", I replied as I saw the time now is exactly 10 PM.

Hoseok took over the bunk bed and his eyes widen as if he just remembered something. "Chaeyoung, I saw your husband at the cafe earlier. He was with Taehyung if I'm not mistaken.", my eyes went large too but I tried to remain calm with the information I just heard.

"My husband?", I asked him. "With Tae oppa?", Hoseok nodded twice to me. "I think you're mistaken. My husband doesn't...", I stopped when my phone vibrated.

It's Jimin...calling me.

"Oh, I'll stay out..."

"It's okay, oppa. I'll go out. See you tomorrow.", I stopped Hoseok from leaving the room and headed outside to answer the call. "Hello.", I said as I closed the door behind me.

"Hi, Chaeyoung. It's me, Jimin.", I walked slowly to the elevator listening to his voice. "Umm...where's your office? I'm here to pick you up.", I tapped on the 'down' button before answering him.

"I'm on my way to go down. Where you at?", I asked him back.

He seemed to be saying goodbye to someone else before he answered me, "I'm in front of the elevator at the lobby right now."

I nodded before the elevator opened.

"Wait there. I'll be there soon.", I ended the call as I entered the elevator.

Park Jimin's POV

"Oh, o...kay.", I looked at the screen as Chaeyoung abruptly ended our call.

She is still being cold with me but it's okay. I will make her warm up with me slowly.

A small talk I had with Taehyung at the cafe somehow was a worthy one. I never thought I will talk with him like a friend after assuming that he had a relationship with Chaeyoung by the way he was friendly with her at our wedding. He seemed like a good guy who has known Chaeyoung for years and gladly he is already married.

"But he said I may have competition.", the realisation hit me back. Competition...

"Hey, Jim..."

I pulled Chaeyoung's hand to get inside the elevator back and tapped the 'close' button quickly.

"Why..."

"I parked your car at the basement parking.", I cut her off before she could finish her question.

"Have you had dinner?", I asked as we waited to reach the basement floor.

"No.", Chaeyoung answered me shortly with her arms crossed and head looking straight ahead as the elevator opened. "Where did you park?", she asked as she turned to see me when we got out of the elevator.

I pointed at one corner where she used to park her car and followed her there. I unlocked the doors and opened the door for her but she refused to get in.

"Let me drive.", she extended her hand to me asking for the car keys.

"No.", I shook my head and put the car keys in my pants' pocket.

"Jimin!", she shouted at me while trying to grab the keys places on my thigh. "Give me..my key!", I covered her mouth trying to hush her from more shouting.

One of my hands covered her mouth. Another one held her naughty hands away from reaching my pants. She looked at me with a frown.

"You don't want me to shout back for your harassment on me.", I whispered with a grin before Chaeyoung stepped on my foot. "Oww!!", I groaned as my hand on her mouth went to touch my hurt foot.

"I'm your wife. Is touching you a harassment, Jimin?", she asked and I laughed at it.

"Exactly, Chaeyoung. You're my wife but you've been so cold with me lately. Even after I've admitted my fault and want to fix it, you're still the same cold as ice with me.", I told her as I stand up again and opened the door wider so she can enter the car. "I came here to pick you up so I'll drive you home. Okay, honey?", I said as I signalled her to get in.

With a stare, she got inside silently. She must have been feeling guilty because of what I said. But, I had to. I just had to because I wanted to see her reaction.

If she becomes quiet, that means she feels guilty towards me for giving me cold treatment these days. If she still fights, that means she is still feeling guilty but she just does not want to admit it. That was what Taehyung said about Chaeyoung. He knew her well and I think I can trust him.

"I went to the cafe earlier buying food for us tonight. Eat with me?", I asked as I put the paper bag of food at the backseat. I waited for Chaeyoung to answer me but she was silent even after I took off my face mask. I looked at her taking off her face mask and she sighed.

"You already asked me if I had dinner so obviously I'll eat with you, Jimin.", she said before turning her face away looking outside.

I smiled before I started to drive the car home. She is still cold but there is a little progress. We are going to have dinner together again.

🥀🥀🥀

I'm sorry but I just want to say...SONGWRITER ROSÉ IS COMING this Friday!!! 🥳