24

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I was startled when Jungkook came in to the kitchen while I was having my breakfast. He asked me if I was alright and I nodded before telling him I made chicken porridge for him and Jimin. I was almost done eating when he joined me at the dining table.

While eating with him, I kept eyeing the entrance of the kitchen for Jimin's appearance. I have not seen him since I woke up this morning. I did not know how to face him if I see him today.

"Are you alright, Chaeyoung?", Jungkook asked me as I finished my drink.

"Hmm? Yeah, I'm alright.", I smiled a little as I stayed seated on my chair watching him eating the porridge I made.

Honestly I was nervous of his reaction. It had been quite long since I made chicken porridge by myself. Thinking that Jimin will eat it too when he wakes up made me even more worried.

"You said you're alright but your face showed nervousness.", Jungkook commented.

I remained silent because I was unsure how to explain myself.

"Are you okay with Jimin?", his sudden question shocked me. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to meddle in your problem with him but I think you two have some issues going. Jimin hyung didn't tell me anything but I saw how you seemed to be avoiding him these days.", he added.

Still, I did not say a word to him.

"Jimin hyung could be dense sometimes.", my forehead furrowed with his statement. How could he call Jimin dense? Then, he laughed before I could speak. "There. You got triggered with my statement, Dr Park. I am quite good at reading people's expression and I can tell you..you're actually love Jimin hyung but right now there's something that made you avoid him. Am I right?", he told me.

I sneered at his wild guess, "What are you? A psychologist now?"

Surprisingly, he nodded to me.

"My father is a psychologist and I learned to understand people's emotion through their face from him.", he explained as I looked at him in wonder. "Anyway, back to you and Jimin hyung, give him a chance, Chaeyoung. I might know him only for three years but I know how uninterested he is with love. He never had a relationship before he met Seulgi noona again a year ago. Even though he got engaged with her for the companies' sake, he told me how he felt forced into it. He might have feelings for her but he knew she wasn't feeling the same. He knew it but he went on with it. Why? Because he loved her since they were kids and he thought she...his first love could change her mind. But it turned out she left him alone on the wedding day.", he stopped for a while to drink.

"You don't know how broken he was that day, don't you? I couldn't even help him. Jin hyung, his best friend who worked with his father too, couldn't do much for him. Luckily you came to save the day. I swear I was glad to see him still getting married but I was worried at the same time. I'm concerned about how he's doing to marry someone he didn't love. That's why I'm here. I wanted to make sure he's happy.", this time he stopped because I raised my hand up to him.

I spoke to him, "Why do you bother to make him happy? I mean..yeah, you're friends with him. Good friend but why?"

He nodded and continued, "Because he made me happy to finally following my dream. I was a hopeless singer on the street, Chaeyoung. People don't really look at me when I sing. But, he...I still remember the day we met. I saw him watching me and never left until I finished my busking routine. He told me my voice is good and he asked if I want to be a professional singer. At that time, he was just like me. A dreamer. He told me he wanted to open a studio and make his own music label agency. I was not taking serious with his words but we got along well and I bravely told my father to quit studying so I can focus on making music. It was hard but Jimin hyung is there. He helped me to get vocal lesson and told me to tell him when I'm ready to be a singer. He will establish his own recording studio just for me. He did all that within just three years, Chaeyoung. Our bond is thick like real brothers. Don't hate me if I love him."

I giggled at his last sentence. "You do sound like you're his lover though.", he laughed at my words too.

"I love him as a brother.", he replied. "That's why I'm asking you this, Chaeyoung. As a brother to him and as a friend to you, please give him a chance. I can see that he is happy with you.", he told me a request that I am not sure if I can do it or not. "Please...give him a chance to really fall in love with you. Please tell him directly if he make a mistake. I am not joking when I said he's a little dense sometimes.", he giggled again while I hit his shoulder.

Honestly, I did not like to hear someone saying Jimin is dense. I did not even say that to him even though I avoided him and doubted him for now.

"What if he's just acting to be happy with me, Jungkook?", I asked him.

"Well, to be honest with you, I knew he acted it when I first got here. Maybe he dragged you to act along with him after he brought his clothes to your room.", I cursed myself listening to Jungkook's revelation. "But I slowly see that while you guys just acted to be a happy newly married couple, he might have started to feel something for you.", I frowned at him while thinking of the possibility Jimin has a feeling for me.

While I was thinking, I heard Jimin's voice coming from the staircase and Jungkook signalled me to be quiet about what we talked. I cleared my throat and took my plate to the sink to wash it. I heard Jimin saying goodbye to someone on the phone as I busied myself at the sink.

Jungkook came to me and put his plate so I washed it too. I did not hear Jimin's voice anymore. As I was about to look back to see him, I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw Jimin standing next to me.

"Good morning, babe.", he said before he asked if he can help.

I shook my head and asked him to eat his chicken porridge when I realized Jungkook has gone from the kitchen.

"You don't want to accompany me?", he asked as I headed to the entrance.

"I got some reports to settle, Jimin.", I lied but he did not know it.

He nodded, "I'll eat by myself then."

"Okay.", I left him after saying that word. I went upstairs and locked myself in my room. Or should I say our room now?

🥀🥀🥀

*Another Chaeyoung's POV only. I hope you guys still enjoy it. I'll see you next time. Anyway, always remember to...👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

Stay safe
Stay home (unless you have to go somewhere and can't avoid it)
Wear face mask
Sanitize when necessary
Take care of yourself