13

Park Jimin's POV

Flashback to 10 years ago...

"Kang Seulgi, I like you. I like you like a lot so...before you graduate..would you like to be my girlfriend?", I asked her at the front gate of the school.

Her friends, Wendy, Kai and Sehun were shocked and laughed in Sehun's car that was parked few meters away from us. I knew they did not like me but who cares? I like Seulgi even when we were kids and I knew her longer than them. She will say yes to me.

"Jimin-ah...you know I like you too, right?", I focused on her face when she responded to me. "But...I'm sorry it's not the same way you do. I like you as my friend, not more than that, Jimin.", my body froze at her words.

She touched my hand to comfort me but all I felt was just even more broken and shattered with her words.

"I'm sorry, Jimin-ah. I didn't want to break your heart but you should have known me better.", she said to me before she pulled her hand away from me. "We can still be friends if you want. I don't..."

No, Seulgi. I did not want to hear anything anymore.

What I knew I did next was stepping back and turned around before I ran away from the humiliation. I ran far back inside the school and stopped at the roof. I was running out of breath when I hear a sound of footsteps beside me.

🥀🥀🥀

I woke up from sleep with sweats all over my body. I held my head with both hands before I stood up and went to the bathroom to wash my face. I looked at myself in the mirror after washing my face and I sighed at the dream I had.

"Why did the bad memory came into my head?", I muttered with a rough voice that felt dry in the throat. "I need water.", I walked out of the bathroom and headed to the door to go downstairs.

I went into the kitchen and had a glass of water before I looked at the wall clock at the living room.

"3.40 AM. I better go back to sleep.", I said to myself before I hear a rustling sound near the sofa beside me.

I was shocked a little before I blinked a few times to make sure I was not mistaken. I looked closely and saw her there. I saw Chaeyoung sleeping on the sofa with her working clothes.

"When did this chipmunk get home?", I asked as I looked at her in the dim light.

She turned her body and I could see her sleeping face now. I slowly crouched down and continued looking at her closed eyes.

"I should let you sleep here, right?", I whispered as I was thinking of what to do. "No, Jungkook will suspect something if he finds you here.", with that concern in mind, I slipped my hands behind her back and I carried her up to her room.

🥀🥀🥀

Park Chaeyoung's POV

The alarm sound from my phone woke me up from my sleep. I lazily turned it off and put the phone back on the bedside table before I realized something. I faced the ceiling and blinked at the familiarity. Then, I turned to my side and found the space beside me empty.

"How did I get here?", I asked myself but all I remembered was I fell asleep on the sofa at the living room. "Who in the world...", I paused when I heard the door of the bathroom being opened.

I got up and rested my back on the headboard as I saw Jimin walking out while wiping his wet hair with a towel. Luckily he was fully clothed or I will scream at him for scaring me first in the morning.

"Did you carry me here?", my mouth asked so he looked up to me.

"Yes, I did.", he simply answered before continuing to wipe his hair.

He seemed unaffected with my presence here while me...I felt embarrassed to just think how did he know I came home and slept on the sofa downstairs.

"I went down to drink in the middle of the night and saw you at the sofa. I carried you here so that Jungkook will not question us later.", he told me even though I did not ask him about it.

"Why didn't you just wake me up? I can walk by myself.", I replied as I think of how he could carry me instead of waking me up.

He put his towel on the hanger and went to the wardrobe. "You looked so tired. I don't dare to wake you up.", he answered without looking at me. I was facing his back as I thought of how thoughtful he was. "Who knows if you will turn into a scary lion like last time you found me sleeping so close to you? So, it's better to just quietly carry you than wake you up.", and that made me gritted my teeth. I should not think he was thoughtful.

"Oh, please don't show me that face. Can you leave or look elsewhere, please?", he asked me with no intimidation found in his face. He called me a scary lion yet he did not get scared at all. I hate him.

"Okay, it's fine if you don't want to. You can watch me change my clothes.", he smirked as he lifted his shirt giving me a glimpse of his abs.

I looked away and stood up quickly before I took my towel on the hanger. He was chuckling at me when I headed to the bathroom. I hate him. I hate him so much. It was only 6 in the morning and I already said the hate word for more than once today.