10

Park Jimin's POV

I stared down to this man standing in front of me as I tried to process the information he blabbed just now.

"Tell me again what you just said.", I spoke when he asked me to give him an answer.

"Oh, come on, hyung. Only you can help me now. I don't have anyone else here. My mom is in Busan with my angry dad and I definitely can't go back with the roadblocks everywhere. How do I survive another two weeks of being jobless in this pandemic? Help me, hyung..", this younger man blinked his eyes several times trying to act cute with me.

"Help you by letting you stay here?", I asked as I knew his intention. He must have wanting to see my new house just like he did when he came to my studio apartment. He nodded before grinning at me. "No, I can't let you stay here, Kook.", I saw the grin disappeared quickly when I said that to him. "But...I can let you stay at my studio apartment.", I added with a smile.

I expected him to smile back at me but he reacted with shaking his head instead.

"Hyung, I was stuck in two roadblocks even just in Seoul only to come here. I told the police that I was on my way home from a late night work. I can't possibly go back and face them again in the same day. They will be suspecting me then.", he said as he pulled his luggage bag entering my house gate.

"Well, then...just use a different road. There are other alternative routes to go to my apartment.."

"Hyung, let me just stay here. I'm tired. Please, hyung.", he stopped on his track as I was following him.

I sighed as I think of something that is preventing me from saying yes to Jungkook.

"Is it your wife?", he suddenly spoke to me.

I was a bit surprised, "What?"

"You looked worried. Is it because of your wife? If it is, don't worry, hyung. I will not disturb her at all. I promise.", he raised his right hand to the level of his face.

Jungkook, that's not what I'm worried about.

What worried me is the fact that you will see how fake Chaeyoung and I will act out our married life. You must think our life is fine even though we got married forcefully. Especially when I acted all good when you saw me at the wedding.

"Whoa!!", Jungkook's loud voice brought me back to reality.

My eyes widen when I saw him already stepping inside my house without my permission.

"Jungkook!", I looked at him and then, shifted to look at what his eyes were looking at.

A few meters away from us there stood Chaeyoung wearing a black sweatpants and a black crop hooded sweatshirt with her mouth opened a little as if she was shocked to see us.

"Uh...I..excuse me.", she barely said a word as she looked down and went to the staircase directing to her room.

"No, babe. Wait.", my mouth smoothly said as I went to catch her hand and stopped her from leaving. "Turn around with me.", I whispered before I made both of us faced the other way to see Jungkook.

I held her hand in mine, not in intertwined style, just a loose grip on her hand as we walked closer to Jungkook.

"Okay, Kook. You surely know my wife, Chaeyoung. Chae, in case you forgot, this is..."

"Jungkook. I remember him. He came to the wedding.", Chaeyoung cut me off in which I felt a bit offended with. She should not cut me off like that.

Jungkook extended his hand for a handshake and Chaeyoung accepted it with a smile.

"It's nice to see you again, Mrs Park.", he greeted her as they shook hands.

"Me too.", Chaeyoung replied without losing her smile.

Me too? Really?

"Umm...Chae. Jungkook is here to stay with us for a while. You wouldn't mind it, don't you?", I asked her as I did not want to prolong this conversation with the both of them.

I purposely put my hand on her waist and pulled her closer to me wanting her to stop smiling more. I grinned at her when she turned to look at me in surprise. "Babe, I'm asking you..", I said to bring her attention to the matter that we should conclude for the moment.

"You must be thinking why, right? Actually I just got scolded by my dad and he won't help me anymore when I asked for some money. Plus, I'm jobless now so...it's pretty tight for me to live in Seoul by myself. My parents are in Busan and I can't go back now. So..."

"Yeah, you can stay. You can...make yourself feel at home here, Jungkook-ssi. I don't mind at all.", for the second time, Chaeyoung cut someone's words today.

"Okay, thank you.", Jungkook replied before he asked us where should he put his luggage bag at.

My eyes looked around and I told him he can stay at the room upstairs which I pointed to MY room.

"But that...", I covered Chaeyoung's mouth before she could finish anything she was going to say.

I looked at Jungkook who was confused with us before I let out a chuckle. "Chae, can you go to your room first? I'll see you soon after I show Jungkook his room.", I said before I removed my hand from Chaeyoung's mouth.

Then, I slightly pushed Chaeyoung to go ahead while I took Jungkook's luggage bag and brought him to my room.

🥀🥀🥀

After settling things with Jungkook, I knocked on the door of the room opposite from mine but I got no response from the other side.

"Chaeyoung?", I called her name in a low voice, not wanting Jungkook to hear me even though my room is like 3 meters away from hers.

I repeated thrice but still, no response at all. I had no choice but to call her so I dialled her number and waited for her to answer. I heard her phone ringing inside.

"What is it, Jimin-ssi?", she finally responded to my call.

"Can you open your door? I'm outside.", I said to her and then, she hung up on me.

I heard footsteps approaching and seconds later, the door is opened.

"Finally.", I brought in my luggage bag full of my clothes and sat down on the bedside.

Chaeyoung closed the door a bit and looked at me with her crossed arms.

"What?", I asked since she was not talking first.

"What are you doing here, Jimin-ssi?", she asked me back.

"Okay, I know you don't like this but...we have to act that we're good together. You understand? Jungkook doesn't know we're living together like any married couple does so we have to show him we're doing fine even though we were forced into this marriage. Okay?", I told her before she stomped her feet to the veranda of her room.

I looked at her as she complained, "Then, you shouldn't let him stay here. Tell him to go elsewhere. Why can't you do that?"

"I did tell him to go somewhere else but he...he got inside and saw you. I can't tell him to go just like that. He will assume we're not welcoming him because we hide something from him.", I reasoned out to her as I watched her taking breath in and out a few times outside there.

"Yeah, right. Whatever, Jimin-ssi. Now, don't disturb me. I'm trying to stay healthy here.", she replied and I nodded to her accepting the end of our conversation.

🥀🥀🥀

A whole Jimin's POV here. Before I go, let's say Happy Birthday to Hobi!! 🥳🥳🥳