41

Park Chaeyoung's POV

Tenth day at the hospital. I might get discharged today if my test result turns out negative for the latest test I had this early morning. Dr Lee said that my fever has gone and I have not shown any symptoms anymore. I just have to wait for the result and I can get ready to surprise Jimin at home.

Park Jimin's POV

"Hey, Jimin honey..", the voice that called my name made me opened my sleepy eyes but I saw nothing.

I touched my eyes and found that I am being blindfolded with a black cloth.

"No, no, don't open it.", I felt a hand touching mine preventing me from taking off the cloth covering my eyes.

"Chae?", I called her name.

"Can I ask you to keep quiet for a while, Jimin?", she said before her hand held mine. "Follow me. I have a surprise for you.", I quietly nodded and obediently followed her lead.

As I was walking blindfolded, my ears became more focused to listen to my surroundings. I could tell that we were inside our house but now there are birds chirping and it got windier than earlier. I wondered where we are going to go to.

"Okay, you can sit now.", I slowly did as told and remained silent.

I heard her footsteps sound moving from beside me to the chair across me.

"Okay, Jimin. You can take off the cloth now.", she said but I stayed still in my seat. My hands were not moving to take off the cloth. It was like I was hesitant to do as she said. "Jimin...take off the cloth now. You have to see what is in front of you, honey.", my right hand went to do as told.

I took off the black cloth and looked at the table full with various food in front of me. They seemed too much for me but I did not get what the occasion is that we seem to be celebrating something at the moment.

"Happy birthday, honey!!", my eyes shifted from the food on the table to the person that was sitting across from me.

I was baffled to see her, no lie. How...?

"Argh!!!", I quickly opened my eyes to see that I am in my office.

I fell asleep while working. I groaned when my neck felt sore as I moved my head to look at my surroundings. Then, I remembered the dream I had.

"Why did it has to be her?", I muttered as I shook my head slowly.

🥀🥀🥀

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I have been waiting for Dr Lee for hours since I had my breakfast this morning. I really wanted to know what the result is until I got nervous about it. And when I got nervous, I will be biting my nails out of old habit.

"Park Chaeyoung, I'm here already.", my eyes shifted to the man in white coat standing beside my bed.

I quickly put down my hands and changed my sitting position from resting my chin on my knees to sitting cross legged on the bed.

"I'm sorry I didn't realized you've come inside, Dr Lee.", I apologized to him.

He put up his hand to show that it was fine to him.

"Actually I came here to tell you the result for your test this morning, Ms Park.", he said to me.

I got eager to hear it so I asked him right away if the result turns out to be negative. He chuckled at me before he asked me to relax. I obeyed him and took a deep breath to calm myself down.