42

Park Chaeyoung's POV

"Irene, I know we rarely meet even though we work at the same hospital. But I'm sure I know you as a psychiatrist there, am I right?", I asked as we both stood outside at the porch.

Irene stood exactly a meter away from me while leaning against her car woth her arms crossed.

"Shouldn't you be calling me Dr Bae Irene instead of just Irene? I didn't come here as your friend, Dr Park.", she said to me as I tried to keep the environment peaceful between us.

"Did you really just hate me because I'm close with Taehyung oppa? Or because I couldn't help you to win his heart?", I cannot help to ask because we used to be good friends at the university.

Everything changed when she knew Taehyung had a girlfriend already. She rolled her eyes at my words. I shook my head at this personal issue between us and went back to the issue that I wanted to talk with her right now.

"Dr Bae, I'm sure you know I'm married to Park Jimin. Now I want to know from you, why did you bring Seulgi unnie here? And where did you find her?", I asked her.

"I have a lot more questions to ask but please give me answers on those first, Dr Bae Irene.", I added as I did not want to prolong our conversation and just focus on the issue with Seulgi only.

She looked at me and began to speak, "Dr Jang Kiyong from Mokpo sent her to me. He said she was taken to the Mokpo Hospital five days ago after she's found on the street running barefoot all by herself. From the early diagnosis done there, they said she has a trauma. She kept saying she needed to go back to Seoul and apologize to her family and friends here. Dr Jang appointed me to be her psychiatrist and I talked to her for hours and she only said that she wanted to see Jimin. She told me how sorry she was to him for leaving him alone at the altar so I brought her here to see him."

I listened to everything before asking further, "Did she say why she ran away?"

Irene nodded, "She said she hated him. She repeatedly said that to me but she never said the name. I tried asking her once but she started to cry all of a sudden. Whoever he is that she mentioned, that man has caused her this."

It was my turn to nod my head. "Seulgi unnie has PTSD, is it?", I asked.

Irene did not say anything but I knew I was right.

"So, how do you think you can help her? What's the treatment she needs?", I asked her since she is the expert in this psychological area.

"She will have scheduled therapy with me for 12 weeks. Then, we will monitor it from time to time to see if she has any improvement. There's only one problem here..I told her that she can stay in the hospital while having the therapy but she refused. She said she doesn't feel safe unless...she is with Jimin.", Irene explained to me.

At that time, it dawned on me on what I have to do next.

"Don't worry about that. She will stay here with Jimin until she gets better.", I replied before Irene gave me a serious look.

"How can she? You're Jimin's wife and you're here as well. She wouldn't get any better even if you allow her to stay with you two.", Irene said her concern.

I looked at her with a nod, "Then, I will not be here. I'll have my isolation at my dad's house. I'll stay there until Seulgi unnie gets better."

Irene looked at me sharply as if she did not believe what I said. Then, she sighed and shook her head, "I don't know if your husband allow you to do that."

I turned around and saw Jimin standing at the  front door that was a bit opened. He shook his head before he slowly walked out and closed the door behind him.

"Seulgi has calmed down. I told her I'm going to take her bags from the car.", he said as he approached me.

I took a step back.

"Chaeyoung, you shouldn't do this. You can't. I won't allow you.", Jimin said as he stopped coming nearer.

"I'm sure you heard our conversation, Jimin. And you saw how unnie reacted when you told her about us. She can't accept it, Jimin.", I tried to give a reasonable explanation to him to let me go to my father's house.

He shook his head several times and tried to come to me, "She can't accept it, then we will make sure she can. We will try our best to tell her and let her know that we're together."

"And then, what? She feels broken and hurt herself? Blaming herself for what already happened? I can't let her be like that, Jimin. Even seeing her just now already hurt me. I can't see her be in pain like that. I have to do this, I have to go. And you have to do your part. She feels safe with you. Let her stay here with you. Let me go and stay with dad.", I spoke to him as I tried my best to avoid him getting near me.

"Please, Jimin..", I begged him even though he already shed his tears for not being able to come close to me. "It's for the best of..."

"Her health. I know...but until when?", Jimin asked as he ran his fingers through his hair. He looked crushed. He knew he has no other option. He cannot fight with me whether as his wife nor as a doctor.

"I'm sorry, Jimin.", I looked at the phone screen and let it be until it stopped ringing.

Three days has gone since that incident. Jimin finally let me go after Irene told him how long it would be for Seulgi to stay with him. I knew it was hard for him to let me go especially when we finally met again after I am discharged that day.

Park Jimin's POV

I sighed at the failed second attempt to call Chaeyoung today. I tried to call her in the afternoon but she did not pick up. I tried to call her now because I expected she has nothing to do after dinner. She did not answer it too.

"What the hell are you doing, Chae?!", I hit the coffee table with my fist.

She had agreed that we will call each other every day at least once before she went to her father's house. We did not miss it for two days in a row but today she acted up. I got frustrated with it and I could not stop myself from cursing when she did this to me. But, then there comes a time I reflected on my words and I became guilty.

"Chaeyoung, please answer me just once...", I begged as I looked at her photo that I used as the home screen of my phone.

"Mr Park?", a woman's voice startled me so I turned to the left to see the woman in white uniform tilting her head a little before speaking to me. "Ms Kang has gone to sleep. It seems like the meds help her to sleep easier.", she continued.

I nodded, "That's good to know. Thank you, Mrs Lim. You've helped a lot today. You can go have your rest."

She gave me a small smile and headed for the room I prepared for her to stay while being Seulgi's nurse at my house.

After she left, my mind went back to think about Chaeyoung. I was thinking what she would be doing now at her father's house. I looked at the time.

9.45 PM.

Still early for her to be sleeping. I wondered if she got bored being in isolation all alone in her room. I wondered if she is alright there. Sometimes my mind had a thought if she suddenly got sick again.

While I was thinking of her, I did not realized my feet took me to the office. I sighed as I put myself down on the sofa. Then, I saw a paper on the table in front of the sofa. I took it and read what was on it.

It looked like a rough idea of a song. It was probably here since Jungkook left. He used to write songs here. Maybe this is one of those ideas or inspiration he got.

"Love me now, touch me now, just let me love you...", I read the lyrics that was on the paper.

Easy words but has deep meanings. I smiled at the words on the paper until I am reminded of someone I love. Chaeyoung.