43

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I looked at the calendar placed on the vanity table and crossed the date of today off for completing my seven days of isolation. A small smile crept upon my face as I finally could go out and see people again. I cannot wait to go back to work which will be tomorrow.

While I was checking my phone seeing all of the well wishes from my friends, my door is knocked from outside.

"Chae, it's me. Can I come in?", my dad asked so I turned around and told him he can come in.

He opened the door and stood in front of me.

"Can I hug my daughter?", he asked as he opened his arms wide.

I stood up and smiled before I hugged him tightly in my arms.

"Dad...I missed you.", I said as I rested my head on his shoulder.

He patted my back before we let go of each other.

"I missed you too, my dear.", he said with a smile. "How are you feeling today, Rosie?", he asked as we both sat on my bed.

I gave him a wide smile before replying, "Never felt better. I feel so much alive and ready to go back to the hospital."

"As a patient?", he teased me with a low voice.

My eyes went wide as I shook my head. "As a doctor. I can't wait to finish my residency, dad. I don't want to delay it any longer.", I said to him as I let out a sigh after realizing that I have to delay the date I finish my residency due to the coronavirus I had.

"You really love being in the hospital, do you?", my dad asked me.

I nodded to it, "Love it more than anything."

"More than me?", he asked and I chuckled at it.

"I love you too, dad. You and my job are two different subjects. You're the person I love. Being in the hospital as a doctor, it's the thing I love to do.", I explained to him even though I know he was just teasing me with his question.

"I'm the person...you love the most?", he said to me but I felt like he was not teasing me anymore. I nodded with a smile at it before he continued, "How about your sister? Jimin, your husband?"

I looked away before I responded, "I love all of you the same."

Dad chuckled at me and said, "You love me the most. You love Jimin the least."

"Dad, no...", I tried to correct him but he nodded at me.

"I'm right by the way you are treating us.", he said to me in which I questioned him back on what he meant.

"You chose to come here not to disturb Seulgi at your own house. You ignored Jimin whenever he calls you. You keep yourself updated about Seulgi's health. So I'm concluding that you love me more than him because you chose to stay here with me. And I think Seulgi is second and Jimin is at last place.", I could not say a word to him on his explanation. "Chaeyoung, why did you ignore your husband, my dear?", he asked me.

"I...I just...don't want to bother him. Or even Seulgi unnie. I didn't bother both of them. I just ask for update from the nurse. That's all.", I tried to explain myself to him.

He nodded his head, "Both of us did that."

"You contacted the nurse too?", I asked him and he said yes. "I was just worried.", I told him.

"You could just ask me. I'm worried about my daughter too. And I'm worried about you here, Rosie.", he replied while pointing at me.

I asked him for the reason and he gave me the worried look on his face.