28

Park Chaeyoung's POV

"Step out of my way, Jimin.", I said to him as he stood in front of my car in the garage.

He shook his head while I pressed on the gas pedal trying to warn him with the sound of the engine revving up. I stared at him before I turned on the lights blinding his eyes. I purposely woke up early and wanted to leave before the sun rises. I thought my plan will go well. It always go well before this.

He never wakes up when my alarm clock made a sound at 5.

"Jimin, I'm going to work! Move out of my way!", I shouted at him as I pressed down the handbrake ready to hit him if that is the only way he will move his ass.

"Not until we talk, Chaeyoung!", he shouted back while covering his eyes from the blinding lights on his face. "We have to talk today!", he added.

I ignored him and made the car move a bit before I pressed the brake pedal. He really is testing my patience this early morning. I cursed in my heart as I looked at him putting his hands on the hood of my car.

"Chaeyoung, please. Let's talk. I know you're still free until 8. We have 2 hours before that, Chaeyoung.", I rolled my eyes at him for stating the fact that I purposely leaving early just to avoid talking with him. "Chaeyoung, please.", he added.

I take a breath to calm myself before replying to him, "We talk...only if you know what you did wrong with me."

He stayed in front of my car nodding his head, "I know...I know what's my fault."

I remained silent. Did he really has figured out what he did wrong? That's why he wanted to talk with me no matter what today?

"But I won't say anything unless you step out of your car first.", I scowled at his words.

"I don't want to.", I said to him.

"Then, we stay here..."

"Just say what you want to say. I'm listening right here, okay?", I cut him off as I pulled up the handbrake.

He shook his head. "If I move, you won't drive away?", he asked.

"I won't, Jimin. Please don't waste my time.", I replied and he approached me opening my car door.

"Let me in.", he said as he pointed to me to change seat.

"What? Can't we just talk now? Why do you want to get in?", I panicked as he unfastened my seatbelt.

"I don't trust you will not try to flee unless you sit at the passenger side.", he said as he lightly pushed my shoulder to move.

Tsk. He is very annoying in this early Monday morning.

"Fine, I move.", I said as I took my shoes off and slowly went to the passenger seat.

I crossed my arms after I put my shoes on again. I looked to the front with my pursed lips ignoring Jimin beside me. He rolled the window up and locked the doors before sighing while turning his face to see me.

"Thanks for staying.", he said but I kept my mouth shut. "Chaeyoung, can you look at me when I'm talking to you?", he asked me.

I stayed with the same position. Head looking straight ahead, hands clutching my handbag and mouth stayed shut.

"Fine if you don't want to look at me. I'll just...talk and I hope you listen to me.", he said after a long silence between us.

"I know why you're mad at me. It's the deal with your father, am I right?", I remained calm even though I felt like hitting him at the moment. "I know it's my fault. I shouldn't have agreed to it. But I want you to know that I've cancelled the deal he offered me. I didn't want to keep it going because I know how wrong it was.", I listened to every word he said without giving any reaction other than my expressionless face. "I...I love you, Chaeyoung. I know I made you to pretend to be happy with me in front of others but...I think...now I'm really falling in love with you.", he tried to reach for my hand but I moved my hands away from him.

Did he think it is easy for him to comfort me? Admitting his fault and say those three words, that's it? Try harder, Jimin.

"Did your father tell you?"

"He didn't have to tell me anything.", I cut him off as I turned to look at his face.

He nodded his head, "So, it's true you're mad at me because of that."

I turned my head to look in front again.

"Chaeyoung, I'm sorry. I know I asked you to pretend before this but...do you know why I asked dad to call off the deal?", I ignored him as he kept talking. "I asked him to call off that investment deal because I've started to feel something for you. I've started to accept you as my wife. I realized my heart feels different when you're around.", he stopped when I faked a smile as I turned to look at him back.

"Don't try to flatter me, Jimin. Those words won't work.", I said with a glare straight to his eyes.

He nodded to me and responded calmly, "I get it if you don't trust what I said but, at least...could you give me a chance? Could you let me try to love you, Chaeyoung?"

My eyes looked at him without a blink. Is he serious? I still have doubt about it.

"Give me a chance, Chaeyoung.", I blinked when Jimin touched my arm. "I promise you..."

"Don't...promise me anything. Don't say anything at all. You're just making me doubting you more, Jimin.", I said as I froze in my seat.

Jimin closed his mouth, not trying to finish whatever promise he wants to say to me. Honestly speaking, I am tired of avoiding him but I cannot help myself from doubting him. My mind always tells me to be careful of him.

As I was battling with my mind that reminds me to not give in to him, I felt the car moving and I saw Jimin is driving beside me.

"Jimin, what are you doing?", I asked as I realized that he is driving my car out of the garage.

He ignored me as we reached the gate that is automatically opened.

"Jimin, stop. What are you doing?", I asked him as I grabbed his right hand from the steering wheel. "Where are you taking me to? Jimin.."

I paused when he made my car stopped. He looked at me and said, "You said don't say anything to you. So, let me just drive you to work."

I removed my hand from him and looked back to the road silently.

"Can I at least do that, Chaeyoung?", he asked me and I nodded in response.

🥀🥀🥀

Rosé's teaser is out!!! I'm On The Ground again! Bye, see you guys tomorrow.