Girl meets Sweet Sixteen Part 1

Ari POV:
"Strawberry" Lucas asks me as he holds one up as we sit in a field by the ranch where we kept Thunder and Baja. We hadn't been horseback riding in a while so we decided to make a date out of it and have a picnic.

"Mmhm" I hum nodding my head as he feeds it to my laughing as I nibble on it giggling with him before we finish up the food and clean up and lay there Lucas with his head on my lap as I run my fingers through his hair.

"I love you" I whisper in his ear before kissing his forehead.

"Uh i love your forehead kisses" he replies smiling up at me.

"Yeah?" I ask him.

"Yeah" he answers before leaning up to kiss my lips. "I love you so much baby" he says as we continue to cuddle together for a bit longer before we eventually clean up.

"I bet I could beat you in a race back to the stables" he challenges and I scoff in response.

"You're on cowboy, we both know I'm going to win this" I say as we climb up on our horses and hold onto our stuff.

"Three" Lucas says as he stops Thunder right next to me.

"Two" I respond looking into his eyes.

"One" we say before we fly off. We pass through the field me in the lead. We continue to ride our horses all the way back constantly cutting each other off before we approach the finish line at the stables, me launching Baja and I forward arriving first.

"Yes!!!" I yell as I cheer for my victory before we dismount and put our stuff down. "I win" I say wrapping my arms around him.

"Yeah Yeah" he replies smiling before leaning down and giving my nose a little nudge with his before I close the gap kissing him as he wraps his arms around me tightly holding me close as I wrap mine around his neck pulling him closer to me. A few minutes later we pull apart gasping for air before we continue to head towards Lucas' car and go home laughing and singing to the music we played.

Lucas POV:
"In every life, there are landmarks. What are the historical markers of our lives? Most important first." Mr.Matthews asks on Monday as we sit in class ready for another week.

"Sweet Sixteen." Riley answers.

"No." Mr.Matthews replies.

"Arbor Day!" Maya exclaims.

"No. Even Sweet Sixteen is more important than Arbor Day."

"Sweet Sixteen." Riley repeats.

"Arbor Day!" Maya says putting a hand towards her mouth.

"No, most important first." Mr.Matthews says.

"Sweet Sixteen is the doorway to our driver's license." Riley tells him.

"Arbor Day is the doorway to nobody knows what it is." Maya replies.

"And college." Riley mentions.

"You're going without me?" Maya asks her shocked.

"No, you're going to the little one next door." Riley says turning around to look at her.

"Yay!" Maya cheers.

"Farkle?" Mr.Matthews asks desperate for a good answer.

"Birth." He responds.

"Okay, let's go with that because it's not what you said. What's next?" Mr.Matthews asks us.

"I win the Nobel Prize for Physics." Smackle exclaims.