Girl meets Creativity Part 1

Ari POV:
I'm currently in choir as we perform our solos for the week. We get a weekly assignment and this week was  songs about unrequited love so I'm performing Fool's Gold by One direction.
"Okay Ari your the last one for today" Ms.Martinez says as I walk up to the front.
"Okay so I chose Fool's Gold by one direction I say and grab a guitar and start playing and singing.

I'm like a crow on a wire
You're the shining distraction that makes me fly, oh
I'm like a boat on the water
You're the rays on the waves that calm my mind
Oh, every time
And I know in my heart, you're not a constant star
And yeah I let you use me from that day that we first met
But I'm not done yet
Falling for your
Fool's gold
And I knew that you turn it on for everyone you met
But I don't regret
Falling for you
Fool's gold
I'm the first to admit that I'm reckless
I get lost in your beauty and I can't see two feet in front of me
And I know in my heart, you're just a moving part
And yeah I' let you use me from that day that we first met
But I'm not done yet
Falling for you
Fool's gold
And I knew that you turn it on for everyone you met
But I don't regret
Falling for you
Fool's gold
Yeah I know your love's not real
That's not the way it feels
That's not the way you feel
And yes I've let you use me from that day that we first met
But I'm not done yet
Falling for you
Fool's gold
And I knew that you turn it on for everyone you met
But I don't regret
Falling for you
Fool's gold, oh oh oh, oh oh oh

I stop strumming and everyone starts clapping. "Excellent work all of you. Disappointed to say that was the last time I'll hear your wonderful voices"Ms.Martinez says.
"What do you mean it's the last time?" I ask her worried.
"The school is running out of money. All art and music classes are being cut effective next school board meeting"
"What?!" "They can't do that!" Everyone starts complaining.
"Quiet!" She yells and everyone stops. "I'm sorry but unless we can raise money some way then classes are cut."
"So we find a way to raise money" a guy named Andre speaks up.
"If we can raise money or have a plan by the meeting later this week then yes" Ms.Martinez says and walks out.
"Okay! Guys we need to figure this out so we brainstorm meet back up in here during lunch" I suggest.
"Yeah" everyone responds and then the bell rings.

Lucas POV:
"The Dark Ages-" Mr.Matthews starts.
"They're cutting art class and you want to talk about the Dark Ages?" Maya cuts him off.
"The Dark Ages was a time of cultural deterioration." He starts again.
"What does that have to do with me?"
"The Dark Ages was the decline of the creative spirit of an entire continent."
"What about me?"
"The Dark Ages is when they cut the art class at this middle school right now. And you, Maya Hart-- Yes, you, Maya Hart, the one I'm looking at right here-- Can't paint anymore"
"You know, a good teacher lets the students get there on their own."
"Wait where's Ari?" Mr.Matthews asks before she walks through with a notebook in her arms mumbling a bunch of stuff.
"No that won't work. Not that. Uhhhh" she groans as she sits down. I get up and kneel in front of her.
"What's wrong baby" I ask.
"I got to figure out a fundraiser idea. I just have to" she says, and I pull her into my arms.
"Daddy?" Riley asks.
"Riley, if you put another purple cat on our fridge, I swear I'm moving to Brooklyn." Mr.Matthews deadpans.
"Scratch my nose. I won't be dry until math, and Mrs. Kravitz scratches my nose like she doesn't want to. That's like a daddy would." Riley says as Mr.Matthews scratches her nose.
"So... Why were the Dark Ages dark, Pippin?"
"People lost interest in art and music because it was taken away from them." Farkle answers as I continue rubbing circles on Ari's back.
"Well I don't want that for you guys. I want you to be happy." I say and look at Maya before kissing Ari's forehead.
"Well looks like Lucas getting fired up on your behalf" Zay says.
"Thank you Lucas but it's just an art class" Maya says.
"I feel bad their taking away something you're very good at both of you" I say.
"You've never said that to me before" she says.
"I've said it"
"Yeah, but not, like straight to my face when you were looking at me. I can't remember you actually l-"
"You're a great artist, Maya. And you my babygirl are an amazing singer" I say looking at each of them,
"You have a real talent. And I want you to be able to get better and share it with people."
"Share it with people" Ari murmurs. "Oh my god! Why'd didn't I think of this before, babe your a genius" Ari yells.
"What?" I ask confused.
"I'll explain later. Mr.Matthews May I be excused?" She asks.
"Yes." He says and Ari grabs her bag and notebook before running out of the room. "Do you know?" He asks me.
"No but she'll explain later" I say.
"Bay window! Bay window right in five hours." Riley exclaims.
"Okay." Maya says.
"Who's gonna do something about art class?" I ask.
"What's Ari doing?" Zay asks.
"I'm not sure but I know choir is trying to come up with a fundraiser idea" I say.
" Then I'm sure that'll be Riley." Maya says.
"Nope." Riley says.
"Well, I know you guys would like me to step in here-" Mr.Matthews says.
"Nope. This is bigger than you, Dad." Riley says.
"You're right. This is. In fact, this decision comes directly from the New York City school board."
"That's not what I'm talking about. If they're gonna put us in the Dark Ages, then who's gonna get us out?"
"Ah. Funny thing about that. You know who did get us out? Artists."
"Ah."
"Michaelangelo, Da Vinci... There was an explosion of creativity called the Renaissance. Maya, I would think you'd have something to say about that."
"Cut the art classes; don't cut the art classes. What have I ever been able to do about my life? And now my little purple friend will go crazy." Maya says.
"Not this time, Maya. You're the artist, and I'm just the artist's best friend." Riley says.

————That night————

"Well, you are harder to watch than usual. I mean, all broken and pouty and stuff. Lucas used to call me in Texas and tell me about you guys. You were legends. The genius who's loyal and kind... The brave blonde" Zay says as we all sit around Topanga's trying to figure out what to do, well besides Ari because she's planning something.
"Lucas talks about himself like that?" Maya says.
"He was talking about you." Zay says
"Oh."
"He said you were all full of fire. And the sweet brunette who never gives up on anyone or anything. And no sacrifice is too big for her friends. But you've all given up. Where's the fire? Because I don't see any of it. You know what, Lucas? These aren't the people you told me about."
"Yeah, except you've been here long enough to know that they are." I say.
"Einstein said we cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Farkle says speaking up.
"Yeah. We need a different kind of thinking." I say.
"Well, what's another way to think?" Riley asks.
"We're trying to save the creative arts. Why can't we start thinking creatively?" Maya speaks up.
"There's my little artist." Riley says before Ari enters.
"Hey guys sorry I'm so late. We started planning and there's not much time before the board meeting so we had to work a lot, but we got a lot done" she says while putting her stuff down before sitting next to me. "Hey bubs. I missed you"
"Hey baby. Missed you too" I say before kissing her lightly.
"What were you working on?" Maya asks.
"The choir fundraiser," she answers, "In that class our passion for music really shows and we won't give up without a fight. We were brainstorming since we found out. Then Lucas said that we deserved to share our talents and a light bulb went off"
"What's choir doing to save the arts?" Maya asks eagerly.
"A benefit concert. All the students in that class are planning solos, duos, trios, and getting bands together so we can pull this off. Some songs are original, some aren't but yea. Actually I'll have tickets tomorrow if you want to buy some" Ari says.
"That's awesome" Maya says.
"Yea only thing is it's after the board meeting. If we can't convince the board to hold off for the concert then bye bye arts. What did you guys come up with?" She asks and then we start brainstorming.