Girl meets I do

A/N: so for this chapter Ari only appears in the beginning as I don't want to change the wedding around to much but anyways day 3.

Ari POV:
"Hey Riley, Hey Maya" I say as I climb in through the window. Ever since the events at the ski lodge Riley realized that she was very wrong in her actions. We are still working on being friends but I definitely feel more invited into the group.
"Hey Ari!" They say.
"What you doing here?" Riley asks me.
"Oh I'm watching Auggie. We're going to go see if we find that baseball bat I wanted to buy Lucas for his birthday" I tell them before looking at my watch. "But I'm a little early so I'll hang with you if that's alright."
"Yeah now where we're we" Maya asks.
"They're getting married!" Riley exclaims happily.
"I'll believe it when I see it." Maya says.
"Maya Penelope Hunter!"
"No, still Maya Hart."
"What's my name gonna be?"
"How do you not understand this?" I ask Riley.
"I can't even think straight. So excited." Riley continues. "Once Uncle Shawn marries your mother, it's like we're gonna be related. We're already like sisters, and then we're gonna be like cousins!" Riley says happily before she has a mini realization. "That... that's less. What happened?"
"Riley, you know how I feel about hope, okay?" Maya asks her. Please don't get my hopes up for this wedding."
"Hope is not for suckers anymore, Maya. Hope has finally come around to beam for you." Riley tells her.
"Well, I'd like to believe that, but you turned me back into me, and me knows better." Maya replies as she looks at her.
"Hey, happily ever after is happening, so get your fairytale butt out of the dungeon and into the sunlight." Riley says.
"And here comes the dragon to burn down everything." Maya says as someone knocks on the door.
"Hi, girls." Topanga says walking in. "Oh hey Ari, Auggie is finishing up getting ready and then you guys can go"
"The wedding's off. I knew it. I mean "hi."Maya says.
"She's a-scared." Riley replies.
"I'll wait for him it's cool" I reply.
"You're his best friend, Matthews. You know he ain't going through with it." Maya says.
"As long as I've known him, I have never seen him this happy. Because I've never seen him happy." Mr Matthews says to try and reassure Maya.
"Maya, we are planning the wedding. We want you to help." Topanga says.
"This is happening?" Maya asks.
"This is happening." Riley confirms.
"Prove it." She challenges.
"Katy!" Topanga exclaims.
"Happy!" Mr Matthews exclaims before they come to sit on the window.
"Please be there." Maya mutters.
"Hey. What's up, kiddo?" I hear someone say while I look outside. Wait I recognize that voice I think to myself causing me to turn around, oh my god Riley's Uncle Shawn is the same Shawn that helped my family and I after my dad died.
After the rodeo accident we were struggling a lot and while and Shawn helped us a lot especially in planning the funeral, he said he knew what it felt like to lose his dad. When he left I though we'd never see him again but here he is.
"Maya's scared that the wedding's gonna come apart like... come apart like... What is something that has come apart?" Riley asks.
"All of their previous relationships." Maya says causing me to giggle.
"Maya, Shawn and I are blessed to have found each other." Katy says.
"No one's going anywhere." Shawn tells her, I'm happy that he finally found a place to belong.
"How can you be sure?" Maya asks.
"Cause of this." Katy says as they both show us their fingers which were stuck together in one of those Chinese finger traps.
"Come on, Maya." Shawn says laughing. "Your mom and I are perfect for each other."
"Twist the knife, why don't ya?" Mr Matthews says laughing.
"Try to be strong, Cory." Topanga tells him.
"30 years I gave him." He replies shaking his head at Shawn while I try to keep my laughter in.
"Those are just words, Shawn." Maya tells him. "You love each other, then prove it."
"Whoa." They both say as Shawn pulls his finger out of the trap quickly.
"I've always known how to get out of anything, Maya. The only thing that holds me here is her." Shawn explains to her.
"Aww!" Topanga, Riley, and I say.
"Now I miss my bubs" I whisper frowning a little because he was hanging out with the boys today.
"You make me sick." Mr Matthews says before he leave the room.
"Well, it's good he left, 'cause he would've hated this. "There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars." Kerouac wrote that in On the Road. I feel like my entire life I've been on the road." Shawn says to Katy.
"Well, welcome home." Katy chuckles as she pulls him close.
"Something good is happening for me?" Shawn asks as he laughs a little.
"Something good is happening for me?" Maya asks and I nudge her a little and nod my head causing her to smile.
"We got a wedding to plan, Maya. You gonna be a part of it?" Riley asks her as Katy and Shawn look over at us. Then it's like a light bulb went off when he notices me.
"Oh my god, Arianna Black?" He asks walking over.
"Hey Shawn" I reply as I stand up.
"Hey, how've you been? I haven't seen you in years" he says hugging me quickly.
"I've been good, and obviously you've been good" I say laughing a little.
"Yeah, wow I never thought I'd see you again. How's your family, the anniversary just past didn't it?"he asks me.
"Um yeah, 4 years and I still have trouble really dealing with it but we're all moving on" I tell him and as he goes to reply Maya cuts him off.
"Wait how do you guys know each other?" She asks.
"Well 4 years ago I went to write a story on Austin, Texas. While I was there I went to watch a rodeo and  I witnessed Ari's dad's fall. I saw this family looking beyond worried." Shawn start to explain.
"My mom was freaking out, I was crying for my dad, and Quil he didn't even know what was happening." I say. "Shawn came over and offered to help us with anything we needed. Eventually we found out my dad had died and Shawn stayed longer just to help us plan the funeral." I explain. "He was like our guardian Angel at the time" I tell Maya.
"I helped them out for a little while just so that they could really try and get into a routine and then I got a new assignment and I had to leave. Honestly never thought I'd see her or her family again." Shawn says before turning to me. "Did that guy ever ask you out? You know the one you were crushing on so hard." Shawn asks laughing causing me to blush.
"Hahaha um yeah. We've been dating for 3 almost 4 years now" I tell him and he looks at me shocked.
"Dang kid, you guys are like a mini Cory and Topanga" he relays and I laugh before Auggie rushes in.
"Ari!" He exclaims. "I'm ready come on we have to go find it" he says excitedly.
"Ok well that's my cue. Let's go Aug we have a present to find." I say. "Bye guys. Bye Shawn it was great seeing you again."
"You too Ari" he says before Auggie and I rush off to find this bat for Lucas.