Girl meets Money Part 1

Lucas POV:
"Hey! A dollar! They're finally paying us to come here. Dopes. I'd come here for nothing. You know why? I have to. Stupid law." Maya says as we enter Mr.Matthews classroom, me carrying Ari because she didn't want to walk.
"Wait, everybody has one." Riley points out as I put Ari down in her seat and give her a kiss.
"You okay?" I ask. Her wrists had been really irritated last week during the whole thing with the science midterm, so they were still healing. Luckily they were almost better. However, I'm still not really talking to Riley and Maya because of it.
"Yeah I'm fine. Thank you bubs" she replies.
"No problem baby. I love you"
"I love you too" she says giving me a quick peck before Mr.Matthews walks in.
"So, what do you got there?" He asks.
"It's a trap. Everybody just give your dollars to me, and I'll hold them is what I'll do. Yeah." Maya says with a creepy smile.
"The United States government says that these pieces of paper are worth something. What makes them valuable?" Mr.Matthews says starting off the class. "Farkle, do it."
"Paper money used to be certificates that you could exchange for their equal value in gold or silver. Before that, people would buy things with livestock, colored stones, or shiny objects." Farkle explains the history of money.
"I like shiny objects." Riley says interested.
"Which one of these shirts is better? Same size, same color, same shirt. One of these comes from Cheapo's and costs $12.99, the other one comes from Demolition and costs 36 bucks. So, which one's the better shirt? Riley?" Mr.Matthews ask.
"Watch my little fashionista go." Maya says as Riley stands.
"The Bleh shirt on the left, though appearing to the untrained eye to look the same..." Riley starts and I see Ari roll her eyes.
"It's the same shirt." Mr.Matthews states.
" ...is not from Demolition, making it inferior." Riley continues and Ari sighs.
"Same shirt."
"I will take the Demolition Bleh." Riley says and Mr.Matthews Chuckles.
"You already did. This is your shirt. You spent 36 Washingtons on it."
"It costs more, so it's better." Riley says and Ari sighs.
"No it's not." Ari says quietly.
"Same exact shirt from the same exact manufacturer that sends it to a million different stores all over the world." Mr.Matthews explains.
"Mine's better. It feels good on my face." Riley responds.
"This is your shirt. I changed the labels this morning." Mr.Matthews says.
"No he didn't" Ari mutters.
"This shirt hurts my face! Give me that one. Mm. I know my shirt anywhere. That's my Demolition shirt, isn't it?" Riley says.
"Why would I change the labels when I can just talk? Obviously you people will believe anything." Mr.Matthews says.
"Mr. Matthews, are you teaching us that money has no real value?" I ask confused.
"I'm teaching you that money is paper we put our faith in. Wars are fought over it. Most crime happens because money's involved." Mr.Matthews explains.
"I'm safe." Maya says.
"I'm teaching you that the value given to money is a lot less important than how it's used. That's what matters. That's what shapes who you are. Don't be mislead by trendy brands and shiny objects." Mr.Matthews says.
"So, what should we do with our money?" Farkle asks.
"Buy food." I say.
"Have shelter." Maya says.
"Give back to the less fortunate" Ari says.
"Do charity." Riley says and hands Maya a shirt.
"Riles, you gave me the Demolition one." Maya gasps.
"Mm-hmm. Charity with a full heart. Also, I made a mistake." Riley says.
"That's not charity" Ari says.
"Yes I gave something to someone with less than me. Charity" Riley says.
"But she still has. She has a home, food, clothes. Charity is giving it to people with none of that" Ari replies passionately.
"And how would you know that?" Riley asks.
"Ari loves giving back. She constantly goes to shelters and stuff to give food, clothes, anything she can to help," I explain, "one of the many reasons why I love her."
"I love you too bubs" Ari replies.
"What about doing business? My father is the Minkus of Minkus International." Farkle asks.
"Yeah, he's been in the news a lot recently." Mr.Matthews says.
"I hear he's risking a lot of his company on a new technology." Ari says.
"It's something he really believes in, but he doesn't know if it's gonna work yet." Farkle replies.
"When will he find out?" Riley asks.
"Not sure. When he does this kind of stuff, he's... not around the house very much."
"Farkle, how come you never have us over to your house?" I ask.
"I've already told you." He replies.
"No, you say you're embarrassed by it, but how big could it possibly be?" Maya asks.
"I don't know. I haven't seen it all." Farkle replies.
"Farkle, we couldn't love you less just because you have more than us." Riley says.
"Not anymore." Mr.Minkus says from the doorway.
"Minkus." Mr.Matthews says.
"Hi, Cory. Is it okay if I speak to Farkle about a minor issue?" Minkus says and lets out one cry.
"Uh, Minkus, is this one of those where we go out in the hall and talk?"
"Yeah." Mr.Minkus says and they leave to the hallway along with Farkle.