Girl meets Communism Part 1

Lucas POV:
"The John Quincy Adams honor board stands in session." Mr.Matthews says as we begin to take care of cases.
"Case number 42 Isaiah Babineaux stands accused of boosting somebody's lunch." I say reading the file.
"Prove it." He says after chewing.
"Uh, Zay." Mr.Matthews starts.
"Yo." Zay replies.
"Everybody else in your family seems so decent and kind."
"Oh, thank you, Mr. teach. They say nice things about you too."
"So what happened to you?" Mr.Matthews asks.
"They're waiting on a lot of results" Ari says from the back of the classroom where she waits for me to finish up.
"Punishment must serve a purpose. What do you guys think will teach Mr. Babineaux here a lesson?" Mr.Matthews asks the board.
"Cafeteria duty." Riley suggests.
"I don't like it." Zay replies.
"Well I like it. You took everybody's lunch away and now you should give everybody their lunch." Riley says.
"I do give everybody their lunch." He responds.
"What?" She asks confused.
"He gives roast beefs to the p-b and js." I start.
"He gives meatball subs to the baloneys." Ari finishes.
"Hah?" Riley asks.
"Everybody has the right to a delicious lunch. All right, these are my beliefs. Would you attack me on my beliefs?" Zay says.
"That's not your meatball sub."
"But I believe it's better than my p-b and j. So, I Robin hooded myself."
"You're Robin Hood?"
"I'm Robin lunch."
"Cafeteria." I say pointing to the door.
"You can punish me. But the forest people love me. Bye Ari." He says as he walks out.
"Bye Zay!" Ari yells after him.
"Bailiff Yogi, will you stop eating the evidence and please open the door for the next case? Thank you." Mr.Matthews says as Yogi puts down the sandwich and opens the door.
"I got this judgey thing down. I got the hang of punishing people and I like it. I think the key to this whole thing is to consider the facts and not get emotionally involved." Riley starts before the door opens to reveal Maya and Farkle, "Peaches! What have you done?" She asks as they move to stand before the board.
"My buds. Tell me you're just here to pick me up because you're my buds." Riley asks nervously.
"Yeah. Buds. You want to know what we did or what?" Maya blurts our.
"Case number 43. Maya Hart stands accused of cheating off of Farkle Minkus on the last history exam." I read the file.
"Maya, is this true?" Riley asks.
"Farkle, how do I answer this?" Maya asks Farkle.
"I'm sorry, Riley. She done did it." Mr.Matthews says.
"I learn better this way, Mr. Matthews. When I see the answers Farkle chooses it helps me circle the right thing." Maya explains.
"You can't just steal his answers, Maya." I say.
"Why not? I'm finally learning what you've been trying to teach me. You've tried everything and I'm really grateful, but I found a way." She responds.
"Farkle, how could you rat out Maya for cheating off of you?" Riley asks.
"I didn't rat her out. Maya can do whatever she wants with me." Farkle replies.
"I ratted her out." Mr.Matthews says.
"Why isn't anybody talking about what matters? I got my first a." Maya says.
"Okay, judgey. You got a solution for this?" I ask.
"Yes, I do. I say we give our friends special treatment. And not just any special treatment, we let them completely off the hook. There's no lesson and nobody learns nothing. How about we do one of those this time? See ya next week. Good night, everybody!" Riley says.
"You can't just give our friends special treatment." Ari says walking forward.
"I said good night!" Riley exclaims.
"Riles, I accept my punishment. Don't spin out of control." Maya says.
"We're put under all of this pressure to earn the highest grades. She did it. Maya learned, daddy." Riley says and I look over at Ari rolling my eyes as she sighs.
"She didn't learn, Riley." Mr.Matthews counters. "Maya, can you tell them what you learned?" Riley asks.
"I actually can. That's new." Maya responds.
"That's new. It doesn't matter how she learned. It's new."
"She cheated! That was loud." I say and Ari giggles.
"You're so cute bubs" she says and blows me a kiss and I pretend to catch it laughing with her. ""Cheated" is a word. You know what else is a word? "Shared." Read a question from the test." Riley says turning our attention back to the case.
"The transcontinental railroad was built from the west and the east in the same time. In which city did the tracks meet?" I read.
"C." Maya responds.
"Riley, we're not on the same team this time." I say.
"Farkle, are we on the same team?" She asks.
"Always." He responds.
"Ari?" Riley asks.
"I'm with Luke. I'm sorry but cheating or sharing answers isn't right?" She says putting finger quotes around sharing.
"Dad?"
"No, I'm with Lucas, Riley. You can't compromise your values just because these are your friends." Mr.Matthews responds.
"Watch me." She states.
"No. Wrong is wrong. She didn't learn anything. If she had learned something, you might have a point." "They drove in the golden spike when the tracks connected at promontory, Utah." Maya says.
"Quick, make a decision before she says other good stuff." Mr.Matthews says.
"Louisiana purchase. Manifest destiny. C, c, a, d, false, false, true!" Maya exclaims.
"She's a stinking genius. Cheating works for her." Riley says and Ari comes up behind me wrapping her arms around my neck from behind.
"No." Mr.Matthews responds.
"Dad, it's Maya. You know I'm going to turn this world upside down until I make this right." Riley says.
"I know you'll try." He responds.
"Well, I stand with them." She says before walking over to them.
"Yay!" They exclaim.
"I don't need this." Mr.Matthews says to us as I just shake my head.
We quickly pack up and before we know it it's the end of the day."what are you doing today baby?" I ask Ari as we start leaving the building.
"I'm babysitting Ava so I might end up watching Author too" she replies happily.
"You like watching those two huh" I ask with a smile.
"Yeah. They're hilarious" she says. "What are you doing bubs?" She asks.
"I have baseball practice" I respond.
"Wait" she says and then stops walking.
"What did you forget something" I ask.
"No. If you have practice why are you leaving school"
"I have to walk my baby home. Or well to work I guess"
"Aww you're so cute" she says giving me a kiss.
"I love you so much" I say covering her face in kisses.
"I love you too" she says giggling.

Auggie POV:
"Ughhhhhh" I moan out.
"Nothing to do Auggie?" Mommy asks.
"I've done everything there is to do in life. Ughhhhh" I respond.
"Okay... Well, do you want to take piano lessons?" She asks.
"Does it take work?" I ask her.
"Anything worth doing takes work."
"Then I'd rather just become a lawyer like you."
"You don't just get to become a lawyer. Do you want to know what I had to do to become a lawyer?" Mommy asks.
"Please, no. It'll just happen. I'm a chip off the old block. You're the old block." I respond.
"Oh, well, thank you. But just because you come from me doesn't mean you just get to be me.You have to find out who you are. And if you run into any trouble, maybe you'll reconsider those piano lessons." Mommy says going back to the table.
"Ughhhhhh" I say before I hear a knock on the door.
"Auggie can you get that" mommy asks.
"Ok" I say going to open it.
"Hey Auggster" Ari says.
"Ari!!!" I yell hugging her and she lifts me up.
"Hey buddy. Hello Mrs.Matthews" she says coming in.
"Hey Ari. What are you doing here?"
"I'm watching Ava so I came to see if Auggie was still up for making cupcakes" she says putting me down.
"Yes!" I say before going to mom "please mommy please!" I plead.
"Okay you can go" she responds.
"Thank you!" I yell before pulling Ari out the door.
"Bye Mrs.Matthews" Ari says.
We spend a few hours baking and decorating chocolate cupcakes before Ava's parents come home.
"Thank you Ari for watching her" Mrs.Morgenstern says before handing Ari some money.
"It's no problem." Ari says taking it before grabbing our boxes of cupcakes she packed for us and giving me one.
"Bye Ari" Ava says hugging her.
"Bye Ava. Enjoy your cupcakes alright" she says.
"Okay. See you next time"
"See you" she says before we leave. She knocks on our door and daddy opens it.
"Hi daddy" I say.
"Hey Mr.Matthews" Ari responds.
"Hey Aug. Hey Ari. Watched Ava today?" He asks.
"Yeah and we made cupcakes" I say before giving Ari a hug. "Thank you"
"Your welcome Auggie. I'll see you next time" she says.
"Ari? What are you doing here?" Riley asks.
"Hey Riley. Came to drop off Auggie" she says.
"Well here. You are basically working when watching him." Dad says handing Ari some money.
"What?! You never pay me that much when I watch him" Riley says.
"She has her rates Riley, and you forgot about him halfway through" he responds.
"Thank you Mr.Matthews. But you didn't hire me. I'm can't accept this" Ari responds.
"You can and you will" he says.
"No" she counters.
"Ari. Take the money. You can use it for the bat for Lucas" I say.
"Okay but only cause Auggie said so. Thank you. I should get going. Family movie night today. Bye" she says before taking it and heading out.
"You really like her as you're babysitter Auggie?" Daddy asks.
"Yeah! She's fun and look at the cupcakes we made" I say opening the box.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Woah" Riley and dad say and I close it.
"But I thought you liked me watching you" Riley responds.
"You see." I start before running to my room.