Girl meets Creativity Part 2

Lucas POV:
It took a lot of planning but we finally came up with a plan to get the school board to hold off on the decision so the fundraiser could happen. Ari told me ticket sales we going extremely well and they already had about 3 thousand dollars in that alone.
Right now we are waiting outside of the board meeting waiting for them to call Zay.
"I'm asking you to slow down before this vote becomes final. Once these cuts are official, then art and music and drama and dance-- they're gone. I mean, is that really acceptable? It's not too late to do the right thing here. Thank you, Chairperson Sanchez." Mr.Turner says.
"Thank you, Superintendent Turner. That was a lovely, impassioned speech. Let me just check and see if it changed any of the numbers. (takes a brief look at chart) No. I'm afraid not. Our next speaker is Mr. Isaiah Babineaux. Mr. Babineaux?" Chairperson Sanchez says.
"Here we go" Ari murmurs from next to me.
"Hello, chairperson. Thank you for seeing me." Zay says walking.
"You're welcome, Mr. Babineaux. We are happy to see a young representative of our school community, who is, I trust, going to address us with great respect for our process." The chairperson says.
"No. That's not what's gonna happen" Zay says and we all walk up and stand behind him, " We couldn't reach you with logic, so we decided to think... differently."
"Oh. Super. Okay. Wait a second. What exactly are you gonna do?"
"Bomp, Bomp,Bomp" I start to sing.
"Ba, Da, Da, Bomp, Bomp, Bomp, Ba, Da, Da, Bomp, Bomp, Bomp, Ba, Da, Da, Bomp, Bomp, Bomp, Ba, Da, Da, Bomp, Bomp, Bomp, Ba, Da, Da" we all sing.
"Oh, Mr. Friar" Zay sings.
"Yes, Mr. Babineaux?" I sing back.
"I like this room"
"This is a nice room"
"So what do we do to a room if we want to kill the..."
"A-R-T-S, arts?" I sing.
"We do this..." Zay says.
"Gentlemen, what are you doing?" Chairperson Sanchez asks.
"The same thing you're doing to us." I answer as we take down all the paintings in the room.
"Not as interesting a room anymore. Get the picture?" Zay asks.
"That's a very colorful scarf you're wearing." Riley says walking up to the Chairperson.
"Thank you." She responds.
"May I?" Riley asks before taking the scarf, "A dance to the loss of purple." Riley then starts to dance before Ari goes and snatches the scarf and does a series of pirouettes getting an applause before I snatch it and she stops.
"My name is Maya Hart. This committee relies on charts and graphs. I have information to add to them." Maya says at the mic.
"Please share it with us, Ms. Hart." The chairperson says.
"You want numbers? The United States Ranking in Math, Science and Reading has done nothing but drop for the past 50 years." She says.
"Your proposal?"
"Get rid of 'em."
"Cut Math, Science and Reading?"
"Why not? We stink at 'em. But you know what we're number one at? Movies and music! People all over the world are inspired by our creativity. But hey, I don't wanna get rid of anything. You started it." Says addressing the audience and then the chairperson.
"My hands are tied."
"Yeah, it's so funny. Everyone keeps saying that, but they're not. Look at 'em. Your hands are free. You just think they're tied."
"I'm afraid you're out of time. We have a long list of speakers on the list Today and we need to be getting back to them. Topanga Matthews." The chairperson says. Mrs.Matthews goes up to the mic clears her throat before looking at her folder and shutting it.
"I yield my time to these children." She says.
"Uh... Cory Matthews." The chairperson says going down the list.
"Yield." He says.
"Gabriella Kossal."
"Yield."
"Julie Martinez"
"Yield" she responds sending Ari a wink.
"Yes. Super. Okay. Wouldn't now be a good time for an adult point-of-view?" The chairperson asks.
"Yield." Everyone says.
"Oh, come on!"
"The adults have failed them. Especially Superintendent Turner!" Mr.Matthews exclaims.
"Matthews!" Mr.Turner yells.
"Bomp, Bomp,Bomp" I start to sing again.
"Ba, Da, Da, Bomp, Bomp, Bomp... Ba, Da, Da..." we all sing the beat.
"Oh Mr.Farkle" I sing to him.
"Yes Mr.Freak Face" he sings back.
"Although you are a scientist, we are also told that you have great creativity." I say.
"Why, yes. I sing and dance and am the greatest Pippin the stage has ever seen." Farkle says.
"I love "Pippin."" Another board Member who I see is Mr.Thomas responds.
"May we see some of it, please?" Ari asks speaking up.
"No, you may not! There are no longer plays or concerts in this school. Instead I shall perform for you "A List Of Prime Numbers."" Farkle says.
"Oh, that's disappointing." Mr.Thomas says.
"Bomp, Bomp, Bomp, Ba, Da, Da. Bomp, Bomp, Bomp, Ba, Da, Da, Bomp" we all sing again before Farkle starts.
"Two. Three. Five. Seven. Eleven. Thirteen." Farkle says and the crowd groans.
"Boo!" Everyone shouts.
"Okay, okay. I think we get your point, Mr. Farkle." Chairperson Sanchez says.
"With all due respect, Chairperson Sanchez, I don't think you do. And like I said, I can also do this." Farkle says before he starts to tap dance before "Seventeen.Nineteen. Twenty-Three."
"Boo!" Everyone yells again.
"I hate 23. Let's get 'em!" Auggie yells standing only to be pulled back, and Farkle starts to tap dance again before stopping.
"Boo!"
"Creativity feeds science, and science feeds creativity. That's what you're missing because you're not thinking creatively. Thank you." Farkle speaks before moving to the side again.
"I took all of my art off of the refrigerator. Do you have kids? (Board members nod yes) When you get home, please take their art off of the refrigerator, too. Otherwise you're hippopotamuses." Auggie says walking up to Chairperson Sanchez before placing all his art on the desk.
"Hypocrites?" She asks.
"Please don't cut reading." He pleads before moving.
"A dance in which a hippopotamus returns home to find his art taken from the refrigerator.Aah, ooh, mmm..." Riley says before doing a weird dance.
"Ms. Black I am told that you can sing" I say rolling in a speaker and throwing a playful wink at my girl.
"I may be known for being able to carry a tune" she says stepping forward.
"Would you do us the great honor?" Zay asks and she walks up to the mic.
"Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt, suddenly goes away somehow
One step closer
I have died everyday, waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand-"Ari sings looking me in the eyes as she sings each line with real emotion, before
"Yoink" Zay says as he removes the mic from the stand.
"Sorry no more music" Ari says.
"Chairperson Sanchez, with respect, you seem uncomfortable. Could that possibly have to do with your background?" Zay says into the mic.
"I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about." She responds.
"Oh, let me be more specific. Where did you do your undergraduate work?"
"Princeton."
"Oh. Good school. Good school. What'd you study?"
"I don't see how these questions are relevant to today's proceedings."
"Oh, you were an art major!" Zay says and the crowd gasps.
"Yes, Mr. Babineaux. I have a degree in studio art."
"A dance in which I graduate with a degree in studio art from Princeton University but then I get my hands tied." Riley says stepping forward.
"I don't need to see that one. I lived it."
"Does it hurt a little?" Maya asks.
"It does. Especially since one of the paintings you took down was mine." Sanchez says.
"Chairperson Sanchez, got a favorite book?" I ask.
"Bridge To Terabithia." She answers.
"Un-read it." Ari says.
"Favorite movie?" Zay asks.
"The Wizard Of Oz."
"Un-watch it." Maya responds.
"Well, you've just taken away my whole childhood, haven't you?" Sanchez responds.
"When does it happen?"
"When does what happen?"
"When do you stop being able to think creatively?"
"When do you get your hands tied?" Riley asks.
"We don't want that to happen to us." I say.
"You went to a great school." Zay says.
"I'm sure all of you did." Ari says.
"You're very smart. You know this is the wrong way to think." Maya continues.
"You didn't ask me who my favorite artist is. It's Picasso. Do you have a favorite artist?" Sanchez comments.
"All of  them. Everyone who ever tried... including you."
"You know, Picasso painted a masterpiece called "Guernica." Adults going to war on horses with swords. Except for one horse who was horrified at what the adults were doing. He's horrified because he knows it's wrong. I've always loved that horse. And when I was as young as you, I made a promise to myself that if I ever go to war, I would never forget "Guernica" and the horse that knew better. Thank you, Ms. Hart, for reminding me."
"No. Thank you. I love learning about art. Would have never known about "Guernica" if someone didn't care enough to teach me."
"Superintendent Turner... You have been requesting all along that we remain patient." Sanchez says and Ari goes to grab my hand and I squeeze her knowing what was coming.
"Well, we're all teachers here. I think we can appreciate the value of a good lesson." Mr.Turner says.
"Turner! My man!" Mr.Matthews shouts.
"Would you tell him to stop?"
"I can't promise an immediate solution, but I can promise you that we can try and think differently. To think as creatively as these students. Thank you all for coming. This meeting is adjourned." She goes to bang her gavel but Ari stops her.
"Wait!"
"What is it Ms.Black"
"You're now going to say that you need to come up with ideas to find the money for this are you not?" Ari says and I admire her. Damn my girl is amazing.
"Yes but this will happen between the board" Sanchez responds.
"But what if we were already working on that?" Ari questions.
"Present your idea Ms.Black"
"Okay. Ever since the choir students found out about the cut we started brainstorming and then planning. We will be holding a save the middle school arts benefit concert next Friday in the high schools theater"
"Did sales start for this?" Sanchez asks.
"Yes and we are already up to a few thousand. Tickets are sold for $10 and we accept more money as donations" Ari says before snapping her fingers and two more people appear behind her. "Tickets will also be available outside and you can ask us questions there." She says as the people at her flanks hold up tickets. "We accept all types of payment thank you" she says and turns before walking out.
"Well meeting adjourned."
———Night of the benefit———
"Hey guys" I say when my friends walk up to me at the benefit.
"Hey." They all day.
"Ari performing tonight?" Zay asks.
"Yeah. She has a few numbers I think" I say before the lights dim.
"Hello everyone! I'm Julie Martinez, the choir teacher at John Quincy Adams Middle School, I'm proud to present my students work this evening. All through the night feel free to come deliver donations to the front in the buckets along the stage. Now whose ready for some music" Ms.Martinez says and everyone cheers. "Well here we go" she says and walks up before the lights start flashing and Ari steps out and she starts singing

"Woah, she's amazing" Maya compliments.
"Yea she is" I say.

"She did a great job organizing it all" Farkle says.
"She really did. This is awesome" Zay says.

"This is so cool" Riley squeals.

The choir kids go on to sing songs by all different artists. Before we know it it's over. We all walk to the back and I spot Ari.
"Babe!" I yell and she turns and says something to the group she was with before jogging over.
"Hey bubs! Hey guys! How you did you like the show?" She asks.
"It was amazing" "awesome" "you voice is great" they all start to compliment.
"Thank you guys" she says.
"You did wonderfully baby" I say as I move to hug her.
"Babe! I'm probably sweaty from all the jumping around" she says as she blocks me.
"I don't care" I say and hug her anyways. "Come on let's go celebrate"
"Okay let me grab my stuff" she says and she moves to grab her stuff before we leave and enjoy each other's company for the rest of the night.