Girl meets Choir Audition

Riley POV:
"Maya nothing we do is working, he's still dating Ari. What's so special about her?" I ask Maya as we sit in the bay window discussing our Lucas situation.
"I don't know Riles, but he loves her I mean did you see the way he looked at her when she was singing that day at Topanga's" Maya responds and then it hits me.
"I should audition for Choir!" I exclaim.
"Yeah only one problem...You can't sing!" Maya exclaims.
"Look Lucas obviously likes girls that can sing so I should join choir. Plus how hard can it be" I say.
"Ok but you have to sign up and pick a song to sing."
"It won't be that hard" I say before we sit in silence.

Ari POV:
"It's this week!" I exclaim. "Ahhh I'm so nervous" I say before looking at Lucas who sits on my bed from my spot on our stuffed alpaca that basically became a chair. What it's comfortable.
"Baby come here" he says before I stand and go sit in his lap nuzzling my body into his. "You're going to do amazing as always. Your voice is amazing there's literally nothing to worry about" he says.
"Yeah you're right. I got this. Thank you bubs" I say.
"No problem. Now I think I deserve a kiss" he says before leaning down and brushing his lips against mine before I pull him in and kiss him.

Lucas POV:
"Maya I figured it out" Riley says as I walk up to the group holding Ari on my back since she wanted a piggyback ride.
"Figured what out?" I ask and I place Ari on the ground.
"Thanks Luke" she says.
"No problem babe" I say kissing her head and wrapping an arm around her shoulders.
"My song for my choir audition" Riley responds causing Ari and I to drop our jaws.
"Your What for your what?" Ari asks and I can tell she is kind of annoyed so I rub her arm in comfort.
"My song for my choir audition. Oh did you not pick yours yet. I have chosen to sing 'The Climb' by Miley Cyrus' the climb because it's about overcoming obstacles and beating the odds" Riley says. Oh she's done it now.
"And what do you know about overcoming obstacles and beating the odds, huh?" Ari asks.
"More than you."
"Really because last time I checked you have both parents and have never been in a long distance relationship. Whereas I lost my dad at 11 and had to help my mom take care of my little brother that's overcoming an obstacle. Beating the odds I had a long distance relationship for a year at 13 don't know how many people have survived those odds. Riley you literally have everything handed to you okay so stop trying to steal Lucas and stop making it seem like your trying to join choir for anything but that exact reason." Ari rants before she heads down the hallway.
"You really had to go after her safe spot didn't you. What's the hell is wrong with you?" I say angrily before I start to walk down the hall before I turn back to them. "And for the record I don't love Ari because she sings even if she does so beautifully" I say before actually walking away in search of my girlfriend. "Ari!" I yell when I find her. "I've been looking everywhere for you."
"I didn't think she'd take this so far. I mean come on choir has been my only safe space besides you since my dad died. I can't lose this bubs" she says as tears run down her face.
"Oh Angel it's going to work out okay? Your going to get that spot on the choir. You can reach notes that some people work towards for years. You got this baby" I say wrapping her in my arms and kissing her head.
"Really?" She asks.
"Really. Now come on we can go bake cookies and you can practice" I say before pulling her to her feet so we could head home.

Ari POV (audition day):
"You ready?" Lucas asks me and I nod in return. This is something I always do to keep my voice healthy for an audition. 48 hours before I go on I stop singing and speaking to preserve my voice. It's sounds weird but this method is yet to fail me.
"Riley Matthews" Nikki says as she calls the next person. Nikki, a boy I don't know, and a teacher are the ones hiding our performances so I'm kind of nervous.
I see Riley walk up to the stage and look at them before making a weird face since she's never auditioned for something like this before. "Hiiiii" Riley says and I facepalm this is so bad already. "I'm Riley and I'm singing 'The Climb' by Miley Cyrus." She says before she starts singing.

(Fast forward to 25 seconds that la where she starts singing).

"Ok ok. Umm you can stop we've seen enough" the teacher says.
"Ohh ok." Riley says before she walks off stage. She walks up to me and looks me in the eye before "I'm totally making it. They probably loved the first few seconds enough to know they need me" she says before walking away and I have to hold my laughter in. They stopped her cause that was terrible.

Riley POV:
I walk away from Ari and sneak back into the auditorium to see her audition, I see Lucas hug her from backstage and give her a kiss before she's called.
"Arianna Black" Nikki calls out.
"Hello everyone I'm Arianna Black and I'll be singing Listen from the movie dream girls. I hope you enjoy" Ari says before the band starts playing the music.

My jaw drops as she finishes the song. The judges stand and clap loudly.
"That was amazing" the teacher says.
"Incredible" Nikki adds.
"Okay were understating it. That was outstanding. Great job. The list will be posted but I think we can say you will very very likely be on it" the boy says and Ari smiles widely.
"Thank you so much" Ari says before she walks off stage and goes into Lucas' waiting arms. I see him pick her up and spin her around as she laughs. Why can't that be me.

Ari POV:
"Thank you so much" I say before calmly walking off stage. Once I think they can't see me I run into Luke's arms and squeal as he spins me around.
"That was amazing baby" he exclaims.
"Ahh I did it!" I exclaim before kissing him which of course he kisses back.
"I love you baby" he says pulling away.
"I love you too babe so much" I say before nudging his nose with mine.
"Come on we can go get ice cream to celebrate" he says before we grab our stuff and leave the auditorium before heading out to get ice cream.