Girl meets Jexica

Lucas POV:
"You ready to make our profiles?" Ari asks me as we walk over to Farkle and Zay to start working on them.
"Yeah. I feel excited honestly. Finally joining the social network you know?" I reply.
"Yeah." She says jumping onto my back. "Forward!" She yells and I run off.
"Ahhhh! Lucas!" She yells holding on until we stop at the group and get comfortable so we can set up our profiles. We quickly type our names and some interests. Mine including sports, carnivals, hanging with friends, and of course Ari. And Ari's including baking, sports, carnivals, music, hanging with friends, and me.
"Favorite movie?" Ari asks out to the group.
"Oh, Butch Cassidy" I respond.
"Empire strikes back" Farkle says.
"Captain America: Civil War" Ari says smiling causing me to shake my head and smile.
"The notebook" Zay says causing to us all to turn to him."
"What?" Ari asks.
"Love never dies man" he responds causing Ari to giggle.
"All right favorite song?" Farkle asks.
"Ooh Desperado" I say.
"A Thousand years" Ari says smiling at me causing me to kiss her head.
"Anything by Celine Dione" Zay says and once again we look at him.
"The sound of my computer turning on" Farkle says before imitating it before we all laugh enjoying ourselves.

Ari POV:
"Whoa" I say as a recommendation comes up on my profile.
"What?" Lucas asks.
"Look at this profile and tell me who it is" i say passing him my phone.
"Definitely Riley" he says after reading it.
"Why would she put up a fake profile" I ask him cuddling up to his side as we lay in his bed after school.
"I don't know" he responds shaking his head. "Can we cuddle now?" He asks with a pout on his face.
"Sure bubs" I say laughing and putting my phone down. "Oh I know." I say.
"What?" He asks.
"You should ask if we can add her to the group see what she thinks. Based on her response we'll know 100% that it's her. I really think it's her though" I say.
"Yeah. We should probably figure out what's going on" He says before pulling me close. "But right now I want my cuddles."

Lucas POV:
"Hey, guys, how do you feel about making some new friends outside our group?" I say walking over to Riley and Maya.
"Of course. Why?" Maya asks.
"Uh, there's this girl" I start off.
"What?" Riley asks.
"named Jexica." I finish as Ari wraps her arms around me.
"What?" Riley asks kinda shocked.
"Delete her." I hear Maya try to whisper to Riley.
"Too late." She says back. Well there's our answer.
"I don't know. I just feel like I really get Jexica." I say.
"Yeah, she's a mystery woman. A mystery makes a woman very intriguing." Farkle says.
"I went to summer camp with her." Zay says before Ari thanks him back to the group.
"Stop it weirdo" she says laughing.
"It looks as though we all like her." I say.
"Better than Maya?" Riley asks. Uh here we go again. "Hey!" Maya exclaims.
"I'm sorry." Riley says before turning back to me "Better than Maya? What about better than Ari?" She asks.
"Like any one could be better than Ari" I say kissing my girlfriends forehead.
"Aw I love you" she says.
"I love you too" I respond.

Ari POV:
"I hear the freshmen just joined the social network." Mr.Matthews says to start class.
"Not me." Riley says.
"I hear someone has already caused quite the stir."
"Not me." Riley says again. She's honestly not even trying to hide it anymore.
"So, who is ready to learn something today?" Mr.Matthews says.
"Not me." Maya answers.
"A social network is something that has its roots firmly planted in our history. Cave paintings, stone tablets, scrolls and papyrus leaves, they all help decode what went on in a society. Now, what are historians in the future gonna use to help determine who we were?" Mr.Matthews asks looking around the class.
"The Internet" Farkle starts
"and Farkle's frozen brain" I finish.
"You get me" he says before high-fiving me as we face forward again.
"If they look at the Internet, they're gonna think we're pretty ridiculous" Lucas points out.
"You think? Why is that?" Mr.Matthews asks. "Because the Internet makes us look like a society of people that only care about dancing cats." Zay says.
"But we're more than that." Farkle points out.
"We are but no one knows that if the dancing cat videos have a billion views and the discovery of a new planet only gets 27,000 likes." Mr.Matthews says and I nod that is true.
"All me." Farkle says.
"What's the difference?" Lucas asks.
"Yeah i mean Dancing cats and a new planet are just gonna be replaced by something new tomorrow." I point out to Mr.Matthews.
"Exactly right, Mr. Friar Ms.Black. So, what does that say about us?" He asks the class.
"Oh, oh! I know. It's not that we're a society of dancing cats. It's that we're a society of- Yes, Matthews?" Maya starts before turning to Mr.Matthews for him to finish.
"It says that we're society that lets things rise and fall that have no real value because the Internet makes them so readily available to us so they get a lot of clicks and likes and comments, and then they fade out of our mind when the next thing comes along." He explains.
"Well, what's wrong with a little distraction?" Zay asks and everyone nods in agreement.
"Nothing, if that's all that is? How many people here have seen the dancing cats video?" Mr.Matthews asks the class before everyone in the class raises their hands. "What about the sneezing panda?"
"'Cause it goes, "achoo!" Maya starts.
"and the other one goes, "ah"!" I finish as we start laughing. I love that video. What I might be smart but those videos are funny and adorable.
"It seems to me this isn't a distraction at all. It's a lifestyle." Mr.Matthews says.
"Yeah, but we use the Internet to study as well, Mr. Matthews." Lucas informs Mr.Matthews.
"And that's great. Okay, so who here knows the capital of Minnesota? What about penguins? Are they in North Pole? Polar Bears at the South or is it the other way around?" Mr.Matthews asks.
"We only have so much room in our brains." Maya says.
"Really? Who has seen the "Charlie bit my finger"-" Mr.Matthews asks.
""Charlie bit my finder." "He bit my finger." Charlie. Oh, Charlie." The class says laughing.
"Okay, I guarantee you guys that what historians will say about us is that we're a society that spent a lot of time with a click or a like or a comment. And it's especially easy if nobody knows who you are, because a lot of people spend their time posting under anonymous names. Is that a good thing or bad thing?" Mr.Matthews asks.
"Good." Riley answers instantly.
"Good. Why good?"
"Just good." Riley responds nodding.
"Just why?"
"Because maybe life is easier that way."
"Maybe. Or maybe hiding behind a fake screenname gives people the courage to go negative. Or someone who's too scared to express themselves an undeserved moment of attention." Mr.Matthews says before the overhead speakers start to chime.
"Attention, Abigal Adams High. Will Jexica please report to the school office? Jexica. We just really want to meet you." The voice says as I share looks with Farkle, Lucas, and Zay.
Before we know it we are out of school an Lucas and I are spending time reviewing songs for my choir audition next week.
"This is hard. I wanna show off my vocal range but I'm so nervous I'm scared my voice will crack." I say looking through different songs in the books of sheet music I have.
"You'll be fine baby. You always get nervous and then you crush it." He says causing me to feel a little better.
"Okay so when are we gonna confront Riley about Jexica?" I ask.
"I'm gonna send a message to Jexica's page and then we'll see what we do from there. But I think you should sing this one" he says pointing at the song I had just flipped to. I look at the page and smile, it doesn't have emotional connection to me but it shows off my range perfectly plus it's a really good song.
"It's perfect" I say smiling at him.
"Okay well read this" he says handing me his laptop with the message written out.
"Hi Jexica, my name is Lucas Friar. I have to choose between three girls. And I thought that I liked them and loved one but what I really love is that you want to ride unicorns while eating cotton candy and collecting falling stars. I think you would fit in with our group of friends, but please don't tell them I invited you." I read before raising my eyebrow at him.
"That hurt to write literally I'm in pain baby. I love you so much, this is just so that she can figure out we know and if she doesn't figure it out than well tell her or something. I'm honestly not focusing on this to much, the message was Farkle's idea" he says and I nod understanding before I kiss him in the lips.
"Okay well how about we go out and get some ice cream" I say happily.
"Sounds wonderful" He responds before we head over to the ice cream place and enjoy our little impromptu date.

Lucas POV:
"No No no" Ari says as I finally pin down her thumb. Her hands might be small compared to mine but she moves her finger around all over the place when we do thumb wars. What we were bored?
"Okay, historians will decide whatever they decide about us. How do you guys feel about who you are?" Mr.Matthews starts class and we turn to face him.
"I got a hundred nine followers. I feel pretty good, no matter what happens." Zay says.
"Really? What's valuable?" Mr.Matthews asks.
"Polar Bears are in North Pole. Penguins, South Pole" Farkle says.
"and the capital of Minnesota is St. Paul." Ari finishes.
"That's right. That's great." Mr.Matthews tells them, "Right? Isn't that great? "Charlie Bit My Finger"." He says giving up.
"Charlie bit my finger. Charlie bit my finger. Oh, Charlie." The class says erupting into laughs.
"If something that's important to us today is so easily replaced by something else tomorrow, we have to wonder if it ever really had any value at all. What can we learn from that?" Mr.Matthews says.
"I-I don't know." Riley stutters out.
"How do you not know?" He asks.
"I don't know because I live in a world that judges me based on whatever movie or song I like, and I'm expected to answer questions about myself, but I'm still figuring out who I am, and everything could change tomorrow." Riley says.
"Because who you are isn't measured by today, or tomorrow, but by a whole bunch of days of what you do. Not necessarily what you like, or what you say at a particular time. The great thing about evolving is that we continue to grow, and feel. Don't be influenced by somebody else's likes or clicks or favorites." Mr.Matthews explains "Who should determine what you think?"
"Wikipedia." Maya says as people turn towards her.
"You disgust me. Go figure this out on the bay window. Class is ova!" Mr.Matthews exclaims as everyone grabs their stuff and rushes off, our group heading over to Riley's.
"Hey, huckleberry." Maya asks as we sit around the window Ari leaning against my chest as i play with her hair.
"Yes?" I ask.
"Whaddya know?" She asks me.
"I know a lot of things. I know that we need to stick together. I know that I love this one with all my heart. I know that the only way that we can do that is if we're honest with each other." I say building up my point.
"Get to it?" She says.
"I know that you are Jexica." I say looking at Riley.
"I know that you are Jexica." Farkle says.
"I know that you are Jexica" Ari says.
"Ari and Lucas told me that you were Jexica." Zay says.
"How'd you guys know that?" Riley asks all of us.
"We know who you are, Riley. You don't have to write down some fake profile for us to know who you are. I'd recognize you anywhere." I say seriously.
"What? No, you said something to her so now you have to look at me and say something to me." Maya says.
"I'd recognize you anywhere, too." I say kind of annoyed with this whole thing.
"You're not even trying." Maya complains.
"I'm tired all the time." I say "oh wait one more. I love you." I say kissing Ari's forehead.
"I love you too" she says leaning up to kiss my jaw.
"Guys." Farkle says and we look over at him.
"Yes?" Zay responds.
"I want us to last forever." Farkle says.
"Well, how do we do that?" Riley asks.
"By finding out that friends who know who you are is the most real thing there is." Maya answers.
"So, Riley, what are you gonna put on your profile?" Ari asks.
"Yeah. Who are you?" Maya asks and we sit there for a bit longer before we all head out.
"Love you babygirl" I say kissing Ari outside her house.
"I love you too bubs" she says smiling before she heads inside and I head home.