Girl meets High School Part 2.2

Lucas POV:
"Hey Angel" I say greeting my girlfriend as I see her in front of her locker.
"Hello charming" She says closing the door and wrapping her arms around my waist. "How's your day going?"
"It's been alright. So much better since we made up. I love you" I say bending down to kiss her.
"I love you too" she says placing her forehead against mine.
"We should probably get to class huh?" I ask.
"Probably" she answers tucking herself under my arm as we walk to class. We take our seats and the bell rings after Mr.Matthews finishes writing 'Massacre!' on the board.
"Why "massacre"? Why you got "massacre" up there? Why can't you just teach us names and dates?" Marly asks annoyed.
"Marly Evans and what she learns today! That's the name and date I care about. All of you and right now, are you listening to me?" Mr.Matthews asks.
"Mm-hmm." Marly responds.
"Good. It was patriots who founded our new land and it was patriots who fought for it. Why do we remember the Alamo? Farkle, Smackle, Ari a trio. Go." Mr.Matthews says.
"The Alamo was a small, isolated fortress with a handful of patriots inside who felt it was important to stick together and fight for what they believed." Farkle starts.
"They were surrounded by a much larger number of people, coming at them from all directions, who believed this place belonged to them." Smackle says continuing the lesson.
"The patriots desperately wanted reinforcements, but reinforcements never came." Ari says finishing up the trio. My girl is so smart I swear I love her so much.
"What happened to 'em?" Mr.Matthews asks.
"They stayed in their fortress and gave everybody a friendly smile, and eventually, they walked upstairs." Riley says trying to connect it to our situation while saying she's right.
"They were massacred."
"Then they walked upstairs?"
"No, but that battle gave birth to a slogan. What was the slogan?" Mr.Matthews asks the class.
"Remember the Alamo." I say.
"Remember the Alamo! And why do we remember the Alamo? Lucas, Zay, a duet." He asks.
"Because the patriots gave their lives for a greater good." I say.
"That battle had only just begun, and some years later that land became ours, and the name of that land was..." Zay trails off before I slap his back and exclaim,
"Texas!"
"Stop it!" Zay says.
"Bubs stop hurting Zay you know he's fragile" Ari says giggling while Zay just rolls his eyes.
"Right, Texas, your home. So, guys, that's why we remember the Alamo and why we remember all the battles that we fight in an effort to make a new place our home. Now, you can stay massacred or you can realize the battle has just begun." Mr.Matthews explains.
"We were kings, Mathews." Maya says sadly.
"Kingdoms fall. Everyone who believes they're gonna rule the world falls. Everyone who believes they're strong eventually comes up against someone that's stronger. And every patriot fighting for a cause, they're only as strong as the cause they're fighting for." Mr.Matthews says.
"Even I know next thing he says, real important." Marly says.
"What's the cause you're fighting for?" He finishes and everyone looks at each other.

Ari POV:
"Bubs" I giggle as Lucas continues to kiss and nuzzle my neck.
"Hmmm" he hums making me shiver before he continues to kiss it.
"I have to meet up with Thor and the girls." I say causing him to move his head and pout.
"Your leaving?" He asks sadly.
"I'll meet up with you later. I promise" I say kissing his lips.
"Ok. Go before I don't let you leave. I love you" he says letting me go.
"Love you too. Bye Bubs" I say kissing him again before running down the hall to meet up with my new friends.
"Hey guys" I say.
"Hey Ari" they chorus.
"What are we doing?" I ask tilting my head.
"You look like a puppy when you do that" Thor laughs causing me to pout.
"Lucas says it's cute" I say frowning.
"It is little sis" he says ruffling my hair.
"Hey!" I yell fixing my hair.
"We are going to Riley's to explain the whole 'hole' thing" Nikki says.
"Ahh okay. Well bye" I say turning to leave.
"Nope your coming with" Francesca says.
"You can't make me go" I say starting to run before Thor lifts me up.
"Let's go." He says causing me to pout again. Before I know it we are at Riley's apartment knocking on the door.
"Some of your friends are here." Mr.Matthews says after knocking.
"Really?" I hear Riley ask.
"Right in here, guys." Mr.Matthews says.
"You!" Maya exclaims when she sees us walk in.
"Nice room." Francesca says.
"Thanks. Why are you guys here?" Riley asks.
"You guys sit in this window?" Nikki asks as they walk over to sit down.
"I'm on the floor again" I mumble sitting down.
"Up you go" Thor says sitting me down on the window.
"All the time." Riley says answering the earlier question.
"How come?" Nikki asks.
"It's our safe place." They answer.
"Why do you need a safe place?" Thor asks.
" 'Cause there's a whole world out there that we don't understand." Maya says.
"Why did you guys throw us into a hole?" Riley asks.
"Why us?" Maya asks.
"When we were in middle school, we were six great friends just like you." Nikki starts.
"Three of us thought we'd kick high school's butt, figure out the whole thing real fast." Thor says.
"Three of us were smarter, took some time to figure out the new surroundings." Francesca finishes.
"And that was you guys?" Maya asked.
"You guys took some time to figure things out before you jumped in?" Riley says.
"No, we were the ones who broke off from our friends." Nikki says.
"Why?" Riley asks them.
"You never mean to lose friends, but high school has a lot of things calling for your attention." Thor says.
"You get caught up, friendships can come apart." Francesca explains.
"Yeah, I've heard that." Riley says frowning.
"You guys don't see your friends anymore?" Maya asks.
"Oh, we still see 'em. It's just not like what it was." Thor says.
"That can happen?" Riley asks.
"Yeah." Francesca says.
"But you three are still together." Riley points out.
"The three of us are..." Francesca starts.
"Complicated." Thor finishes as I stand up and let them do their little triangle thing.
"Oh, they like each other." Riley says.
"They're a triangle." Maya says.
"You like each other."
"You're a triangle!"
"Don't lose your friends." Nikki says.
"But they're angry at us." Riley says.
"No, they're not angry at you at all." Thor says.
"Then what are they?" Riley asks.
"They're humiliated." I say.
"Like we were." Thor says.
"Why?" Riley asks.
"'Cause it's high school, and everybody gets massacred." Thor says.
"That's why you guys put us into a safe place." Riley asks.
"That's not the safe place. That's a hole." Francesca says and I laugh a little.
"We just wanted you guys to be together. Your safe place is each other. Go get your friends." Nikki says.
"How did you guys resolve the triangle?" Riley asks.
"Oh, let me see. Do you still like him?" Nikki asks Francesca.
"Yeah. Do you still like him?" Francesca asks Nikki.
"Yeah." She answers.
"We need to decide." Thor says getting up and they start leaving.
"He's still mine. You guys still think that you're going to tear us apart. Riley, Maya, you guys are only hurting yourselves more by holding onto this triangle." I say frustrated before I leave.
"You okay?" Thor asks as we leave.
"Yeah. Just they always get me so mad when they start to act like Lucas is going to choose one of them. He's said his choice like a thousand times" I rant before my phone rings.