Girl meets Sweet Sixteen Part 2

Ari POV:
"What kind of teacher is your father supposed to be? I'm going to fail this assignment and he's going to cost me my noble prize" Smackle says as Zay and I walk outside alongside her. "Does he know what he's doing?"

"Yes, he does. Finches and mockingbirds, his boat was the beagle, and for extra credit Galapagos" Maya says.

"Charles Darwin" Farkle says softly.

"How do you know the theory of evolution?" Smackle asks her shocked as Lucas comes behind me wrapping me in his arms and kissing my neck.

"Because I failed it. I know it because I failed it, but he made sure I knew it because he knew I'd need it someday. He's a great teacher, he's the best there is" Maya says looking at Smackle.

"And like always he's just trying to get us to evolve" Riley says softly as we sit there taking in the moment.

Lucas POV:
After we gathered together outside and discussed the importance of the assignment we all moved into different groups. Riley and Maya had left to go talk to Topanga. Smackle went to go work on other assignments. The boys, my wonderful girlfriend and I went to come up with a plan to show Farkle that Smackle only liked him.

That's why I'm handing outside ready to start the plan as the rest hide behind the counter to overhear what happens. I shake my arms around and sigh before heading inside, I love helping my friends but I hate how whenever people in the group have problems, it's me who has to act like I like the girls in order to fix them. I love Ari and right now I just wanna take her back to her place so we can cuddle and take a nap like I promised her.

"Hi" I say sitting next to Smackle causing her to jump.

"Hello" she says looking around. "There are lots of empty seats around, and yet you are sitting very close."

"Oh. Does that bother you?" I say looking at her.

"Well as you know, I don't like to be sat right next to except for Farkle" Smackle responds nervously.

"You have very nice eyes" I say trying to flirt even though I haven't had to flirt in years. Yup I've been dating Ari for four years and calling her adorable all the time is about as much as I flirt besides all the complements I say to her because come on my girl is amazing.

"Okay. They formed in utero, starting with my optic nerves and then my retinas" She says.

"So it's okay with you if I just stay right here, right?" I ask her.

"Well, you know, Farkle's not here and your kinda invading my personal space like a Hun" She tells me still kinda shocked at what was happening.

"If Farkle was here, you would be making a joke like I was hitting on you" I say seriously. "And now, here we are. Finally alone. And there is something I want to admit to you."

"You're hot for my mind" Smackle asks.

"No" I respond sort of quickly.

"You mean you only see me as a steaming cauldron of woman?" She asks.

"Okay" I say.

"Lucas Friar my heart belongs to someone else" she tells me softly.

"Say it louder" I tell her.

"Must I torture you?" She asks confused.

"Would you please" I respond.

"I just always say those things because I guess I'm a little insecure that Farkle doesn't really, really like me as much as he says, so I guess I'm just trying to protect myself" Smackle admits before Farkle pops up from behind the counter.