Girl meets Legacy Part 1

Ari POV:
"Are you sure about the cards?" I ask Lucas as we walk to Riley's to try and let them down. Of course he doesn't really like being in confrontations because of his past and he felt like he had to write down what he wanted to say.
"Not really but I feel like this is as best as it's gonna get. Hopefully they can forget about everything and we can finally put this behind us" he says wrapping his arm around my shoulder and holding one of my hands as he leans down to kiss me gently.
"Mmmmm" I moan out as we pull away. We continue to walk and before I know it we're there. We both climb up the window and Riley and Maya make enough room for Lucas to sit and I stand there awkwardly for a few seconds before Lucas grabs my waist and brings me to his lap.
"It has been a long time since New Year's Eve on the roof. Remember that?" "I know we've been avoiding it, but now the flowers are blooming and it is spring:" "the season of love." "Hi. My name is Lucas Friar, and I'm here to talk to you about us." Lucas starts off. This is a weird speech and I say that even though I helped him write it.
"Do we have to talk about this?" Maya asks.
"We have to make some decisions! I have to make a decision." Lucas says. "Not that there even is one" he mutters.
"We have chosen to completely forget about this." Riley says before yelling to Mr.Matthews "He's in my room!"
"You have to make some decisions!" He yells back.
""This is very hard for me. We have to be very careful of what's going on," "because I don't want to-""Lucas reads the cards after moving me and standing up.As I sit back down.
"Lose either one of you as my friend?" Riley says realizing what he was gonna read.
"lose either one of you as my friend." Lucas finishes the card.
"Wait. You were with him when he wrote this?" Maya asks.
"I was" I say.
"No, Maya. I think we just all know what's at stake here." Riley says.
"Nothing's at stake here! Just tell me right now nothing will affect our friendship." Maya asks Riley.
"It won't." She says.
""What" "about" "what" "I" "want?"" Lucas says.
"One card for each word." Riley says.
"Why'd he do that?" Maya asks.
"Emphasis." I reply and she looks between us.
"Why did he do that?" She asks again.
"Lucas, what do you want?" Riley asks.
"I don't want anything bad to happen to us, but I especially don't want to be responsible for something bad happening between the two of you and most importantly I want Ari always have" he says seriously while going to take his seat back with me returning to my place in his lap.
"We know that." Maya says completely ignoring the last part.
"Why do you think we like you?" Riley asks doing the same.
"What's it say on your last card?" Maya asks.
"Oh, I'll get to it." He says as I sigh he already told them his decision and they literally ignore it. "Look I don't really understand feelings completely but I know two things for sure. 1) you guys are my friends and 2) I am completely in love with Ari. Nobody can change that."
"We don't understand these feelings either" Riley says once again ignoring him.
"That's why the smartest things to do would be to make the right decision right now and just move on." Lucas says.
"Great! How do we do that?" Riley asks.
"You mean choose one of us over the other? What happens then?" Maya asks.
"You could just listen to what he's been trying to say this whole time" I say only to get ignored by the girls as Lucas squeezes my hand in comfort before kissing my shoulder.
"That would be the end of us." Riley says.
"What's it say on your last card?" Maya asks again.
"I don't want this to be the end of us." Lucas starts reads his last card. "But it's Ari. Always" he says.
"And forever" I finish only for that to once again be ignored.

Lucas POV:
"Legacy." Mr.Matthews starts the lesson before seeing the goose "Why is Farkle a goose?"
"That's the Einstein Academy goose." Riley says.
"Oh, of course. The Einstein Academy goose. Why is it on Farkle's desk?" He asks.
"Einstein captured Farkle." Ari says.
"It was their end of the year prank." I explain.
"So, since they took our mascot" Maya starts.
"We took theirs and now, we're even." Riley finishes.
"Farkle's not a mascot." Mr.Matthews says.
"Finally someone agrees. I just wanted to play with a goose" Ari says making me laugh Which in turn she smiles at.
"What would you call him?" Maya asks.
"Where's Zay? They got Zay, too?" Mr.Matthews asks.
"Zay's back in Texas." Ari says.
"He's at Vanessa's spring formal." I tell him.
"Ooh!" Maya and Riley say.
"Wait what? He didn't tell me that. Why didn't he tell me? He's gonna get it. He knew I wanted details." Ari says.
"Baby calm down. He said he would tell you everything when he got back" I tell her.
"I love you." She says.
"I love you too" I tell her.
"But he's still gonna get it" she finishes.
"Uh oh" I mutter.
"All right, guys. Listen up. It's your last week of school. This is my last chance to teach you something." Mr.Matthews says.
"Do you have more to teach us?" Maya asks.
"I have so much more I wanna teach you. So much more. I mean, you guys are gonna be leaving this place. What will you be leaving behind? What is your legacy? I wanna talk about not just what you've gotten from this place, but what you've given." Mr.Matthews says.
"He's right. We still haven't thought of our class prank! I was thinking we could let all of the air out of school. Everybody would just be like. That'd be hi-larious." Maya says as she acts like she's choking.
"I'll tell you what's hi-larious. Nobody saved me! Why did nobody save me?" Farkle asks.
"I was going to" Ari says.
"Then what happened?" He asks.
"I saw the goose. He's too cute. I'm sorry I couldn't resist" Ari says.
"Really?!" He yells.
"Farkle, we looked for you for a whole five minutes, and then we took the goose." Riley says.
"He's the new you." Maya says.
"Donnie Barnes, regular goose." Ari and I say together before smiling at each other.
"I'd see that movie." Mr.Matthews says.
"Oh, please. Farkle cannot be replaced by a goose. Farkle is unique and one of a kind." Farkle says before turning to the goose. "Hah!" He exclaims and the goose honks in response"You don't know me." He says before the bell rings and everyone leaves.
I walk around with Ari before we sit down. "I'm just gonna go over and say I made a choice. If they don't like that oh well but seriously I want you forever Ari I'm not giving up on you ever. One day we're gonna get married and have kids. I'm gonna be a vet and you're gonna have your own cafe with karaoke nights so you can keep performing just like we always dreamed" I tell her as I hold her.
"I love you so much Lucas Friar" she says as a few tears run down her cheeks.
"I love you too Arianna Black so very much" I tell her as I wipe her tears before leaning in and kissing her.
Later that night we decide to go to Riley's to try and end this stupid square as Riley and Maya are calling it.
When we get there we open the front door and I read a note card " "Hi. It's me, Lucas Friar." "Since no one knows what to do, I made a choice.""
"Okay, I'm a little worried." Mrs.Matthews says.
""I choose to stop."" I read the card and Ari squeezes my shoulder and I throw her a small smile.
"Lucas, put the cards away. Say what you need to say." Mr.Matthews tells me.
"You both mean the world to me you're some of best friends, and I would never do anything to hurt either one of you. So, I choose to stop. You won't decide, so I did, and I decided that we're just friends. That's all we are. I don't want this to be the end of us. Also in case you forgot because while I have mentioned this every time this has come up. I'm with Ari. She's my number one and always will be. I love her and I'm gonna be hers for as long as she'll have me" I tell them seriously.
"Then looks like your never leaving huh bubs" Ari says valuing me to smile widely. "I love you too by the way." She says before we leave.
We make our way to her house where we cuddle together. I look over at the alpaca a plush that we won and smile. "I still can't believe we got it" I tell her.
"Honestly me neither. We're still going on carnival dates now right? Even though we already achieved our carnival goal" Ari asks.
"Of course we are. That's never gonna stop. Who knows maybe one day we'll take our kids to one" I tell her before pecking her forehead.
"Yeah who knows" she says cuddling into me before we drift to sleep.