Girl meets Legacy Part 2

Ari POV:
Lucas and I walk into class early the next day. He turns the desk around knowing everything is about to be awkward. I sit down on his desk and give him a quick kiss.
"Do you wanna go riding later?" I ask him.
"Yeah we haven't gone since we took Zay after our anniversary." He responds smiling. We continue to plan our after school date. As we talk Lucas pulls me to the edge of the desk and wraps his arms around my waist. I giggle and put mine around his neck.
"I love you" he says.
"I love you too" I respond and we lean in. We are so focused on each other that we didn't notice the bell had rung and everyone was coming in.
We continue making out and don't realize Mr.Matthews has walked in and started class.

Cory POV:
I walk into my classroom and see Maya lying on top of two desks, Riley outside with her face smushed you against the window, and Ari and Lucas hugging? I'm not sure but they are faced away from me and look like they are cuddling.
"You came into this place a bunch of young kids who didn't know very much, and now, look at ya. Young men and women ready for what's next." I start the lesson before turning to Maya "Snap out of it!" And then to Riley "Get in here!" I exclaim to them and Riley only makes a face.
"What are you doin'?" I ask Lucas but don't get a response. "Lucas?" I say a little louder but get nothing. I walk over and see Ari and Lucas in a very heated makeout session. "Ahhhhh" I exclaim causing them to pull apart gasping for air as they put their foreheads together.
"Love you" Ari mumbles to Lucas loud enough for me to here.
"Love you too baby" he responds giving her a peck.
"Get off of each other. And turn your chair around" I tell them and they do so. "Get in your seat" I tell Maya.
I turn back to the class before continuing the lesson on legacy. "Now, the most important thing you can do in life is to give people the reason to remember you. The people who do that are the ones we study in here. So, your last assignment from me and for yourselves is to figure out what you will give back." I say and then notice Lucas and Ari are smiling at each other.
"Hey!" Riley yells slamming her hands on the window. "You looked at her" she yells at Lucas.
"So?" He asks looking at Riley.
"Now you have to look at us to even it up" she responds.
"No I don't" he responds accidentally looking at both of them before turning back to Ari and shooting her a wink.
"You're real y dying out here huh bubs" Ari asks.
"Uh huh" he says before dropping his head onto his desk.
"What are you grateful for? Who do you want to remember you? Do something about it right now. Now get outta here." I ask the class before dismissing them.

Ari POV:
I see Janitor Harley and Lucas walk off . I sit down at the bench with Ms.Martinez my choir teacher. "I'm really gonna miss you and your class" I tell her.
"I'll miss you too, but all of you are going to go on a become someone great. I want you to promise me something" she says and I nod.
"Anything" I tell her.
"Never give up on your music. You have a wonderful voice Ari. Use it, share it with people."
"I will, I promise I will" I tell her before giving her a hug. "Thank you for everything"
"Thank you for letting me teach you more about the power of music. You were an amazing student Ari, and now you'll do better in high school. Congratulations on graduating Ari" she says as we stand before she walks off her to her classroom and I sit down.
"Hey baby" Lucas says sitting next to me.
"Hey bubs" I respond laying my head on his shoulder.
"Love of my life always" he says kissing my forehead.
"And forever the love of mine" I responds leaning up to kiss his jaw.

Lucas POV:
"You got one last lesson for the road?" Maya asks as we all enter the classroom and sit in our seats.
"Yeah, I do" he responds.
"Well, I've never said this before, but you have my attention." Maya says
"Good. This one's important. I've gotten to watch you guys become friends and I've gotten to watch you grow. You guys grew up so fast and I've been trying to teach you to keep your feelings inside." Mr.Matthews says.
"And you were right. Look at us." Riley says.
"You could just listen then there wouldn't be a square problem" Ari mutters and I throw her a reassuring smile.
"Only yours" I mouth and she smiles.
"Good" she mouths back.
"I was wrong. Your teacher was wrong. I can't keep you in this place. You've outgrown it. You guys are graduating to whatever comes next. Do you know why?" Mr.Matthews asks.
"No." Maya responds.
"You've earned it." He says.
"How do we know when we're ready?"
"The same way we know anything.Let's take one last test and see." He says and all of us groan except for Farkle Who of course let's put a small Yay, yes even my smarty pants of a girlfriend groaned at the mention of another test.
"I thought we were done." Ari says dropping her head and I let out a laugh.
"Are you even allowed to do this? It's the last day of school." Riley asks.
"I'm still your teacher. I can do whatever I want. Besides, this test isn't for a grade. This is a test to find out what you've actually learned here. Question one. What's the secret of life? Maya?" He asks.
"People change people." Maya answers.
"And for extra credit?"
"What 'us' does for them?"
"What does that mean?"
"How we help those who are less fortunate than us."
"And are you an 'us' or them?"
LI'm an 'us'. I'm very blessed. We all are."
"Question two. Sneak attack. Riley?" Mr.Matthews asks now turning to Riley for an answer.
"Pearl Harbor." She answers.
"And for extra credit?"
"Missy Bradford tried to tear our friendships apart. Lucas was new here and she tried to throw a sneak attack. I think that was the moment we all realized what we really meant to each other. The moment we all came together."
"Oh yeah. You told me about that. I almost flew up from Texas to deal with her myself" Ari says and I laugh.
"I handled it baby" I respond smiling at her and she blows me a kiss.
"Good. Farkle? Canada." Mr.Matthews asks Garkle now.
"Our greatest allies are the people right next to us." He answers.
"Good. Question four: forgiveness? Ari we never did hear how this went?" He asks Ari.
"Forgiveness gives us a chance to change history. It allows us to face our pasts and grow in the future. For my forgiveness project I forgave my dad." Ari responds.
"Why?" Maya asks. "You said he didn't leave what else is there?"
"Except he kinda did. My dad wanted to ride a bull in the rodeo. So he took a few lessons. He wasn't ready at all, but he got on. He fell off and hit his head hard, not even the helmet could protect him. He died in the hospital later that day." Ari answers and she starts to tear up. I stand and wrap her in my arms whispering sweet nothings in her ear.
"Lucas?" Mr.Matthews asks.
"I think I was the most changed by these people. I know that whatever I'm feeling, I can just tell my friends and everything would be okay." I answer before he asks a question.
"Will it?" Riley asks.
"I guess we'll see." I answer her.
"I thought we stopped." Maya says.
"I thought we were just friends." Riley says.
"Oh my god will you both just stop. He's told you time and time again. He chose already, you guys are the ones setting yourselves up to get hurt. Will you two get that through your heads?" Ari exclaims and Riley and Maya look at her shocked she would say something.
"Lucas? You're not gonna say anything?" Riley asks.
"No I'm not because she's right. I've told you a bunch of times. It's Ari always has been and always will be." I say before we sit down.
"And that's why your teacher was wrong. I can't hold you back from what you feel. Congratulations. You've all passed this test with flying colors." Mr.Matthews says.
"What happens now?" Farkle asks.
"Now you graduate, Farkle. You walk out of here with everything you've learned and you live life. You live it. You face whatever comes. This is gonna be the greatest test of your friendship yet." Mr.Mathews responds.
"Wow. I made it to high school." Maya says.
"We're gonna need some good teachers, Mr.Matthews." Ari says.
"Yeah.So, one last thing. How will the school remember you?" He asks.
"I have an idea." I say.
"What's our prank?" Maya asks.
"I have an idea." Riley says looking at Mr.Matthews.