Chapter 37

Blair's POV

In the middle of art when we were drawing I found myself drawing a baby.

My unborn baby. I didn't even know the gender of my baby but I drew a boy. My little boy.

His cheeks were round, chubby. His mouth was spread in a toothless smile. His hair was dark like mine, and the only colour on the drawing was when I coloured in his eyes. Bright blue, like mine.

"That's amazing Blair!" The art tteacher Mrs Daniels exclaimed from beside me. I smiled aand put my pencil down, finishing my shading. "I'm not lying Blair. This is one of the most realistic drawings I've ever seen before." I shrugged, hiding my blush. "What do you want to after school?"

"A tattoo artist." I mumbled.

"You could go far if you keep drawing like that." She seemed like she got an idea. "Stay behind after class." I sighed and nodded, flipping the page in my sketch book to a clear one.

The bell rang, everyone got up except me. I waited until everyone left and carefully got up, walking up to Mrs Daniels desk.

"What is it Mrs Daniels?" I asked, interlacing my fingers together.

"I know someone who can help you." She stood up and walked around the desk. "There's a tattoo parlor across the street from the pharmacy, if you want, I can get you a job, it would be good for the co-op you need." I couldn't stop the smile that spread across my face.

"Oh my gods Mrs Daniels!" I squealed. "That would be amazing!"

"It would help you get the training you need, and be a great experience."

"I'd love to have that experience Mrs Daniels."

"Here, give that to a man named Jenkins, tell him that Reeta sent you." She handed me a slip of paper. "They should give you an interview, goodluck Blair." I smiled and turned around, putting my hand lightly on my stomach.

****

"Is someone named Jenkins here?" I asked the girl behind the counter. She nodded and called back to Jenkins.

"I'm Jenkins." He stated. He looked me up and down with curiosity. I handed him the note that Mrs Daniels gave me.

"Reeta sent me." He looked at me again and nodded.

"Come back here." I followed him back and sat in the chair and placed my hands in my lap.