Chapter 42

Blair's POV

"So he just flat out stated that him and Andrea are getting a divorce?" Caroline asked in shock after I told the story. We had resorted to calling my 'mother' Andrea not long ago. I didn't want to call her mom if she didn't treat me like a daughter. So she's Andrea now.

"Ya." I nodded, putting my arms around my stomach protectively. "But I wasn't shocked by it, I guess I knew it was gonna happen."

My phone rang, startling both Caroline and myself.

"Hello." I answered.

"Blair." A scared voice that resembled my brother spoke.

"Xander..." I paused, listening to his breathing. "What's wrong?"

"Mom is trying to get me to go with her." He explained. "I didn't want to, so she hit me." I gasped. I knew Andrea was mean but not mean enough to hit her own son.

"Where's dad?" I asked getting into that protective sister mood.

"He's not here, I came home to see mom drunk and angry, I tried to call dad but he's not answering." Caroline was looking at me confused, I gave her the scared look and she understood.

"You need to get out of there X." I pleaded.

"There's no where to escape." He cried. My heart was breaking with each word that came through the receiver. I regretted all the fights I had with my brother because I might not have one if my mom gets to him.

"Please send help." Then the line went dead.

"Can your dad get Xander out of Andrea's house, she's gonna hurt him badly." Caroline nodded and raced up the stairs, me following behind quickly but slowly.

Caroline explained everything that was happening to her dad and him, knowing what would happen if we left Xander in thar house with her, he ran out the door.

We stayed here since Austin had already left in the car. I paced back and forth and watched out the window, waiting for any sign that they were back okay.

I don't know how long we had waited but Austin's car pulled into the driveway. I ran out the door as best as I could and helped Austin get Xander out of the car.

Xander saw me and latched onto me, hugging me tightly and crying into my shoulder. I hugged him back, happy to know that he was here in my arms rather than in that house with the devil herself.