Chapter 24

Blair's POV

"Hello?" I answered my phone, flipping the page on my magazine, looking at more pictures and ignored the words.

"Blair."

"Conrad?" Caroline looked up when I said his name and scrambled over pressing her ear to the other side of the phone so she could hear too. 

"Thank god you picked up." He sighed. 

"What happened?" I asked getting worried at his tone of voice. 

"Owen got beat bad." At those words my heart shattered. 

"We're on our way, where are you?" 

"The Shop." He sighed. "Please hurry." I hung up the phone and shoved it in my pocket. 

"Let's go." Caroline said, gripping my hand and running upstairs with me in tow. She's the only one that knows my feelings for Owen, but who am I kidding? Owen would never like a girl like me.

"Dad can you drive us to the shop?" Caroline asked in a rushed tone. 

"At this hour?" 

"Owen got hurt really badly and we need to make sure he's alright." Austin groaned and got up off the couch and grabbed his keys and coat. 

"Alright lets go." I was shaking the whole drive there. How bad was he hurt? Like really hurt or like he'll heal in a couple days. 

Austin stopped the car in front of The Shop and I jumped out running through the doors without saying anything to Austin. 

Conrad was waiting by the counter and looked at me with teary eyes. I opened my arms and he cried onto my shoulder. 

"What happened?" My voice cracked as he pulled away from the hug. 

"I came home from Caroline's to find him passed out on the floor in the hallway. I rushed him to the hospital and they said he had 3 broken ribs, a broken nose, a bruised jaw and a split lip plus a black eye." Tears came to my eyes but I pushed them down. I will not cry. "You can go in and see him but be careful with him." I nodded and made my way to the door that seperated me from Owen. 

I rested my hand on the doorknob and took a deep breath before turning it and stepping into the dimly lit room. 

"Blair?" I've never heard him this quiet. I took light steps and sat on the ground my his head. He looked terrible. His eye was swollen, his jaw was a deep purple and he had a couple scratches here and there. "I didn't want you seeing me like this." He muttered and covered his chest. May I mention that he wasn't a shirt and even though he had a wrap around his chest to keep his ribs in place while they healed, I could still see that he was well built and some muscles even though he says he doesn't.

"I don't care about you look, I want you to be safe." I whispered and combed his hair with my fingers. 

"I will be when Conrad is 18, then he'll get custody over me and I'll be away from my dad." He told me and grabbed my hand that wasn't busy and laced his fingers through mine. I couldn't help but shiver at feeling that he was actually holding my hand. I've been wanting this since I first met him that one day after grade 8 grad. 

"I don't want to keep hearing that you got hurt." I mumbled, avoiding his gaze.

"I'm okay." He told me. "I've had worse."

"You shouldn't be able to say that, nobody should be able to say that." This time I looked into his eyes and saw tears that were threatening to slip.

"Blair." His voice cracked.

"Ya?" I asked trying not to cry.

"I have to tell you something." I waited. "I lo-" Whatever he was going to say was interrupted by the door opening and Caroline and Conrad walking into the room.

I let go of Owen's hand and stopped running my fingers through his hair, I just kept both of my hands in my lap.

"Were we interrupting?" Caroline asked, looking at me.

"No you didn't." Owen sighed, looking up the ceiling. "It will have to wait."