fourteen.

warning: mild nsfw

"Okay y/n, so here is the kitchen" Mrs. Miya pulled me into the kitchen section of the shop. Osamu was there, shaping the rice into an onigiri shape. "Your shop is so aesthetically pleasing, mother. It looks like those restaurants at the city" I said, smiling. "Nah, that's quite an exaggeration" she chuckled. She walked towards Osamu who was still making the rice balls. I followed her. "Mother, if you don't mind, I would like to learn how to make onigiris" it was such an embarrassment for me because I don't have any skills in cooking, or even just shaping food like how Osamu did.

It's a double embarrassment since Osamu is an athlete and I'm not, I don't do sports like him and he can cook, he knows how to work in the kitchen for God's sake and I'm the opposite. I sighed, feeling ashamed of myself. "Sure, honey. Of course you can. Osamu will teach you how. He's good in cooking" Mrs. Miya patted my shoulders. Osamu and I looked at each other. It somehow made me feel awkward. I've never been so close to him and his mother just told him to teach me? Woah...

"Samu, please take care of y/n, okay? I'll be at the front to deal with our customers" Mrs. Miya walked away, leaving me and Osamu alone in the kitchen.

I didn't dare to look at Osamu. I felt so awkward and Atsumu wasn't there. He was asked to manage the incoming stocks. Osamu cleared his throat. "You should tie or do something with your hair before you start" he said, hands pressing the rice into a triangle shape. I looked up at the man next to me. "Ahhh... Right" I smiled awkwardly before tying up my hair into a messy hair bun. Osamu was just looking at me, he cleared his throat again.

He walked to take the apron hanging beside the rack, handing it to me after. "Put this on so you won't mess up your blouse" he nodded.

God please! This is too awkward! Where the hell is Atsumu!

I put on the apron like he asked me to and rolled up my sleeves. I stood beside him, watching him working on the rice balls. "Okay first, you need to take some rice and shape it into a triangle like this" Osamu started to demonstrate the steps. His hands started moving, shaping the rice into a perfect triangle. "After that, take a piece of dried seaweed and put it at the bottom of the rice ball. Like this" he continued his lesson. "Last but not least, take a spoonful of tobiko, and put it on top of the rice ball. And there you go" he handed me the rice ball for me to look closer. It was shaped nicely.

"It's cute!" I looked up at him, grinning. He smiled at me. "It wasn't that hard, right?" he asked. "Hm, of course it's easy for you because you've done so many times but it'd be a struggle for a first timer like me" I chuckled. Osamu reached for a pair of plastic gloves. "Here, let's get you to work. But first, Onigiri Miya prioritizes hygiene and cleanliness" I took the gloves from him and put them on. "I'm ready!" I said excitedly.

Osamu chuckled. "I see why Atsumu is head over heels for you. I understand him now" he mumbled. I looked up at him, feeling weird. "Eh, why did you say that?" I bit the inner layer of my lower lip, asking in curiosity. "You can look attractive in things you do. No doubt" he said. His words got my cheeks to burn. Yeah, the Miyas are surely good in using their words. It runs in the genes. "Stop it" I rolled my eyes playfully. Osamu laughed.

My hands started to work on the rice, shaping it into a triangle carefully. I was right. It was harder than what I expected. It looked like an unnamed polygon, honestly. Why was it so hard on me!

"Ah... You got it wrong" Osamu said, looking at my ridiculous rice ball. "I've at least tried my best" I pouted, looking at the outcome of my rice ball. Who on earth would eat this? "It's because you're pressing the rice too hard. You should press it gentler" Osamu scooted closer, took my hands in his and slowly pressing the rice, shaping it nicely into a triangle. I was surprised at his sudden move. I didn't know he could also be this bold. He's indeed the twin brother of Atsumu. "Making onigiris is like you handling the person you treasured the most. You need to be gentle and soft to them. Cooking also needs love in it so that the outcome will turn out good" he said. "See? Now it looks much better" he turned his head, looking at me. I blinked before nodding slowly.