thirty-seven.

I tied my hair up into a hair bun and fixed my blouse. All thanks to Osamu, I felt much better and slowly recovering from my fever. Osamu stayed over at my place last night until midnight, making sure that I drink my meds and went to sleep before he took his leave. He treated me well and it's because Atsumu told him to do that. Osamu is really a good brother. Any girl who is with him is indeed lucky.

Today. The return of Atsumu. Frankly, I don't know how to feel. Of course, I'm happy that he's finally coming back from his youth camp but the guilt in me was still there. I can't just play innocent. I need to at least be honest and tell him but I didn't know how to. I know he will be mad, he will freak out but I don't mind that because I actually deserved that. What I did was unacceptable. I felt scared and anxious. What if he breaks it off with me? What if he ends the relationship we have? I'm not prepared for that. I would rather have him to yell at me, or even hit me but not losing him. I don't want to lose him.

I walked out of my room and locked the door. I don't feel like attending the class but I had to. I took the elevator down to the lobby only to see Osamu waiting in his Mini Cooper. Yeah, he insisted on driving me to the campus since we have a class together at 2pm. I tried to refuse him but he was stubborn, just like Atsumu. I walked towards his car and gets in. "Feeling much better?" was the first thing he asked me as he put his phone away. I looked at him, stretching my lips into a smile. "Hm, thanks to you though" I nodded my head. I was too weak to properly thanks him yesterday. Osamu buckled up his seatbelt after me. "It's not a big deal though" he smiled before driving us to the campus.

***

OSAMU'S POV

"You go ahead, I'm just going to the ladies" y/n said once we reached the third floor of the building. "I can wait if you want" I looked at her shaking her head. "It's fine. You can go first" she smiled before leaving my side, heading towards the ladies. Well, why did I offer myself to wait though? That will make her feel uncomfortable. I walked towards the vending machine. Should I get one for her? I hummed. Would it weirded her out if I buy her a drink? I wasn't making move on her, I wasn't flirting but I was just being nice because we're friends after all.

I just don't want to make her to feel uncomfortable with the way I treated her. I overthink. Is she really pleased with my treatment? I looked at the choices of drinks. I don't even know what to get for myself, what's more for her. I don't even know if she prefers milk over juices, or tea or coffee. I hummed as I was trying to decide what should I get for myself and y/n. Maybe green tea would do for me but as for y/n, is juice okay? Or should I get her this strawberry milk? Maybe strawberry milk would be nice for her. Girls like pink after all. I inserted the coins, pressing the buttons on the machine. I took out our drinks from the machine, straightening my back from bending.

"I didn't know you like strawberry milk" I turned my head to the voice's owner. Who else if he's not the fox-eyed, Suna Rintarou? "This isn't for me. It's for y/n" I replied before turning back to the other side. I was about to take my steps towards the classroom until Suna shot me with a question, "Do you perhaps... Have feelings for y/n?" I gripped on the bottles, swallowing myself. "No" I said before leaving him behind.

I entered the classroom and placed down the strawberry milk on y/n's desk before I get to my own. I'm done with my feelings for y/n. I'm moving on. I can't let myself to fall for her deeper. She belongs to Atsumu and I can't be the home wrecker. Never. I didn't know how Suna could come with a such question. I couldn't deny it, it got me at first but luckily I didn't stutter when I answer him. Maybe I'm really over y/n. Maybe it's just a friendly feeling for her left in me. Yeah, maybe that's it.

***

I walked out from the ladies just to found Suna waiting for me. He was leaning his back against the wall with both of his hands slipped inside of his pockets. We looked at each other, our lips were sealed. I cleared my throat and broke the eye-contact. Seemed like he has nothing to say. I sighed and walked away. "Are you avoiding me?" I stopped my steps. His voice was so near, he was standing right behind me. I shook my head, "No".

"You ignored my texts, you declined my calls, you skipped classes yesterday, isn't that a way of avoiding?" he asked. I remained still, shutting myself. I don't know why I acted that way. I don't know why did I avoid him but it felt so weird and awkward to be around him after what happened. "You're making me confused, y/n" he sighed. "I don't know why do you have to get rid of me when I was just trying to check out on you and that's because I was asked to do that. Your boyfriend asked me to do that. You could just see it as something a friend would do but the way you're acting now, it's like you're trying to imply that there is something between us" I turned facing him. My eyes locked on his.

"There's nothing between us, Rintarou. I have a boyfriend and he's your best friend. What happened at the waterfall, it's... a mistake. Please, don't make things hard for me. Stop pushing me to my limit. You know how weak I could get and this stresses me out. I skipped classes yesterday because I was sick. Osamu was there taking care of me. I was in bed all the time. My body was too tired and weak to even move. I wasn't... really avoiding you" I nodded my head fiercely. Suna looked down at me through his half-lidded eyes. "I know it was a mistake. And that's the thing that I want to hear from you. You could have just ask Osamu to tell me this so I could stop worrying about you... as a friend" his lips stretched a bit, forcing a smile.

"That kiss... I'll assume it as the goodbye kiss of our break up. Don't worry, we're cool. I knew that you love him more than you loved me. So relax, and don't avoid me again, dummy" he chuckled and patted my head. I looked up at him. He didn't look sad at all. The smile he had on his face, it was a big one, it was bright. Maybe he has really moved on from me. Yeah... that's quite fast of him.

"I better get going. I need to smoke so you should head to class first. Osamu bought you strawberry milk. You like milk, right?" he shot a playful wink before walking away. I let out a sigh. Thank God that the little misunderstanding between me and Suna solved in a good way. Only one problem left for me. Atsumu. I haven't figured a way to tell him. I don't even know what time will he be back here in Kobe. He hasn't replied to any of my texts.

I felt a pair of arms wrapped around me, giving me a backhug. A sharp which I believed it was a chin placed down on my shoulder. Maybe Suna was still in the mood to joke around by teasing me but this isn't it. "R..." I turned to look at the person behind me. I widened my eyes.

"I miss you baby" his lips curved into a big smile. My eyes locked on the pair of brown eyes. Miya Atsumu. It was him who gave me that back hug. I deadly thought it was Suna. I didn't expect it'd turn out to be Atsumu, my boyfriend. My heart suddenly felt heavy. He's here, earlier than I expected. I thought he's still in Tokyo. "Did I surprised you too much that left you speechless?" he chuckled and pulled me closer to him by my waist.

My hands moved up to hold both of his cheeks. Was it really him or I was hallucinating? My heart started to race uncontrollably. I started to feel anxious and my hands were cold and shaky. I felt so scared. I felt like there was a big rock fell on top of me. The tears I was trying to hold rolled down my cheek as I caressed his cheeks. "Atsumu?" my voice cracked. The smile he had started to face when he saw me shedding tears. "Hey, are you okay?" he hugged me tightly, placing my head against his chest. I clenched on his shirt as I hugged him tightly. I held onto him as tight as I could because I was afraid that that would be our last hug.

I cried quietly while he held me firmly. His back rubbed my back as a sign of comfort. "What is it, y/n?" he asked. His voice was soft. I missed his voice. I missed his embrace. I missed everything about him. He's already here in front of me but why did I feel like we're so far away? Is it because of the wall between us that I built myself? I don't want to be distant from him. I wanted him to always be by my side. "I missed you" I cried. "I missed you so much" I buried my face on his chest.

Atsumu smiled, kissing my temple. He hugged me tighter and rested his head on top of mine. "Hm, I know. I missed you more, love".