fifty-four.

song recommended for this chapter:
オレンジ (orange) by 7!! on repeat.
italics are flashbacks.

>>>

I entered the room, it was dark and I could see Mika was fully wrapped with her blanket on her bed. She was probably asleep.

I walked towards my bed motionless, don't even bother to remove the coat I was wearing. I placed my bum on it, sighing out loud. The room was nothing but a pure silence. Atsumu will be leaving for Brazil tomorrow, around 2pm from what Osamu told me earlier.

But that's fine. It was his decision though.

I pulled out my phone, going to some old photos in my gallery. There were lots of pictures of me and Atsumu.

Ahh, to the good old days...

I pursed my lips, swiping the screen to look at the pictures one by one. There were pictures of us at his family's house, Kyoto camp, the lake, when we had lunch, when we went out for dates, and many more. There was just a lot.

"I don't understand why he chose her over you. You're not that bad though... Says, you don't want to make him feel jealous? I can help if you want though"

"If you're up for this game, then you can find me there. Come as my acquaintance"

"You're really something, y/n. And that's what makes me crazy about you"

"I've stopped doing it. Because I met you. I don't want to disappoint you. I'm serious. I want to be someone's better. I want to be a good man because you deserved a good man by your side, to take care of you. To love you, to embrace you. But I know I'm not a great man yet and that's why I've stopped doing those things because I'm trying to fix myself"

"I wanted to be with you, y/n"

"You'll have my kids eventually"

I bowed my head as my tears streamed down on my cheeks in the darkness. I cried almost silently, didn't want to wake Mika up from her sleep.

"I promise to prove myself and to prove to you that you're the only one I wanted to spend my entire life with. I'd die for you, y/n"

"I'm saying the truth. I just couldn't describe how happy I am to be here, in your room. That's weird, isn't it?"

"I might be a dick but I wouldn't do that to you. If I wanted to hurt your feelings, I would have done it a long time ago but the fact that I was willing to wait for this opportunity to come, that defined my feelings for you"

"I'm so in love with you, y/n"

I cupped my mouth, sobbing silently. Those words he once said to me, they were lingering in my mind. The faces he made when he said those, I could see them. I could see how he meant every single word he said to me.

"I just wanted to be real with you. I'm no longer interested in that wicked game. I don't want to just make Suna feel jealous. I'm no longer interested to be your acquaintance. I wanted to be the man you're proud of. I wanted to be someone who you can rely on. I wanted to be with you. I wanted to work things out for us. I don't mind if I have to wait for you to gain your trust back. I don't mind waiting for you for how long. I don't mind if it's you because I would trade the world for you"

"I don't care about those things. I don't care about your family status or anything. I've never judged you or anything. I fall for you because of who you are. Because you are you. How did you ever think about that? I'm glad that I made the move to approach you, even though I started it by offering you a stupid plan but I'm thankful that it brought us here"