forty.

I walked out from the infirmary, closing the door back. My head was throbbing earlier, that's why I decided to ditch the class and take a rest instead. I wanted to go home but my headache was pretty bad, I can't even walk straight. The nurse told me that I was just stress and lack of rest. She advised me on taking a few days off to get proper rest, to clear up my mind but I can't do that. I have a committee meeting in an hour since the prom is just tomorrow.

"Feel much better?" I quickly looked up at the owner of the voice who just greeted me. "Yeah" I replied the male. "What did the nurse said? You're sick?" Suna crossed his arms, leaning his side against the wall with his body facing to me. I shook my head, "It was just a headache. Nothing serious" I nodded my head. Suna squinted his eyes, doubting on my words. "I'm being serious, I promise. She just told me to rest more" I gave him a soft smile.

He heaved and patted my head. "You've been crying a lot lately, right?" he asked. I knew it that he was worried about me just by judging from the look in his eyes. "Is it because of him?" our eyes locked. He got me. "I'm fine" I forced my lips to curve into a smile. "Swollen and puffy eyes, heavy eye-bags, you're slouching, you avoid people, and you became quieter. How is that fine, y/n?" he furrowed his eyebrows. He just said facts.

I let out a sigh and leaned my back against the wall, standing next to him. "I don't mind waiting for him, Rin. I know he's just mad and disappointed, I understood that. Though I couldn't lie that I hate it when he gives cold and silent treatment to me, he even abandons me but I'm trying to get used to it. I screwed up, I'm at fault. I used to hate you because you cheated on me. I even called you a cheater. But look at me now..." I scoffed bitterly. "At least you made it official with Sakura but me? No. I took advantage of you" I faked a smile. "You didn't" he cut me off.

Head turned, I looked at the black-haired man. "I didn't break the kiss. I even leaned closer. It's my fault as well. You didn't take advantage on me, y/n. You never did. That day, when you came with me, I felt so happy. I got to spend the day being with you. I liked it. What I said to you that day, it came from the bottom of my heart. You made a mistake by kissing me, and I made a mistake by betraying you. We're humans, y/n. We will never get to run away from making mistakes" I stared into his eyes. "What matters is... Your heart. How forgivable it is? How much you able to forgive someone you love so much even when they screwed up? Your heart... That will speak for you" he nodded his head.

I pursed my lips, bowing my head. He has a point. I can't help but notice something. I know it was my fault but why Atsumu had to be this mean to me? How can I easily forgive him when he yelled at me when he didn't stop Akari from kissing him, and for abandoning me. But when it's me who's at fault, he pulled out the victim card instead. Why can't he do it like me? Why did he do this at me? It's painful, it very is. I missed him so much. I looked forward to making up things between us, but why he had to drag things out this way? It's frustrating.

Does that mean he actually falls out of love with me? That he has already given up on me, on us? What happened to the Atsumu that promised me so many things, that said that he'll be here to protect our relationship no matter what will happen. Where did the Atsumu I once knew went?

I frowned, holding back my tears. "I missed him so much" I mumbled, hugging myself. He hummed, nodding his head. "I know that even if you didn't tell me. I know that very well" he murmured. "When will this end? When will I get to be close to him just like before? When will I get to feel his embrace again?" I sighed. "He's just egoistic, you know it yourself" Suna replied. "I know. But why can't he try to understand and be forgivable. I know I did shit but why does he treat me as if I did something really bad. You know what I'm trying to say, right?" I looked up at Suna, knitting my eyebrows together. I can't hide the sadness in me, it's obvious. He hummed.

"Did he fall out of love with me?" my voice cracked, forcing a fake smile upon my lips. Suna stared down at me, "Stop. You're just hurting yourself, y/n" he frowned. "I'm scared, Suna. What if he actually falls out of love with me? What if he actually starts moving on? While I'm here... Still waiting for him" I clenched my shaky fists. "Y/N stop" Suna said again. "I'm actually hurting, Rin. This actually pains me. It's hard for me to go through the day knowing that he's upset with me, that he hasn't forgive me. It bothers me so much" I quickly wiped off the single tear that rolled down on my cheek.

"And when I try to make it up with him, he pushed me away. That saddened me the most" I furrowed my eyebrows, trying my best to hold back my tears, again. "Does he hate me already?" and that's how my tears fell. Suna quickly pulled me into a hug, his hand rubbing me on my back. I crumpled my forehead, clenching my fists hard, and cried silently. "Stop it, y/n. Stop it. Stop hurting yourself even more" he whispered against my ear. His embrace was firm and warm. He was comforting me. "I hate seeing you like this so please, stop hurting yourself" he said.

***

OSAMU'S POV

I grasped on the plastic bag filled with medications that I bought from the nearest pharmacy. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I heard everything. I heard y/n's confession about how she felt, about how sad she's been feeling ever since Atsumu started to give off cold treatment. I'm not on her side, not on Atsumu's side either but I pity her so much. She has been going through it alone. She cried alone, she did things alone, without Atsumu by her side.

I remembered how she cried while holding onto Atsumu's hoodie while he was away. How she said she missed him so much, wanting him to be there for her when she was sick. But when he's back, she received one kind of treatment that she hates. Honestly, if I was at her place, I would feel sad and broken-hearted as well.

But she doesn't know about one thing. That Atsumu cares about her a lot, more than she could even imagine. Yes, he's still mad but he's watching her from distance, he begged for my help to drive her everywhere, bought her medicines, and more. She doesn't know that. Atsumu didn't fall out of love with her. That's like an impossible thing for him to do. He will never able to do that. I let out a sigh.

I took a deep breath before coming out from my hide place, resulting them to break the hug they were having. "Osamu" she sniffed, wiping off her tears. I looked at y/n; she looked bad. Her eyes are swollen and red, same goes for her nose. It's obvious that she has been crying for the past days. I wished Atsumu could see her in this state and just make up things with her. "I need to go back to Hyogo. I'll be here for the prom tomorrow night. I'm sorry that I couldn't drive you to the prom" I said.

"I want Suna to go to the prom with her" that's what Atsumu said to me earlier.

She hummed, "It's okay Osamu. You've helped me with so many things already. I've been a burden for you this whole time. I'm so sorry for that. And you don't have to worry, I'll just take a cab to the prom tomorrow night" she forced a smile. "You're not a burden, y/n. You're my friend so I was just helping you out" I nodded my head. Her smile grew wider, her eyes curved into crescents. It's been a while since I saw her smiling this wide.

Even when she's smiling like this, I know that she's hurting inside. I'm really sorry, y/n. I don't know how to help you. Atsumu's being stubborn.

"I'm so thankful to have you as my friend, Osamu. You're really a nice friend. I owe you a lot" she mumbled. I mirrored her smile before handing her the meds I bought. "Take this. I want you to recover so drink these up" she looked at the plastic bag I was holding. "No, I'm fine, Osamu. You don't have to trouble yourself" she refused but I was insisted. "Just take this... Please" I said. Y/N was hesitant but she grabbed the plastic bag eventually, taking it from my grip. "Thank you so much, Osamu. I mean it" she looked up at me. Suna was just looking at us. I hummed, "I need to go now. Need to work at Onigiri Miya tonight" I excused myself. She hummed and nodded her head. "Drive safely" she smiled. "Hm" I hummed and walked away.

***

I watched Osamu vanish from my sight. I didn't expect he would buy me meds. I didn't ask for it though yet he was concerned and I'm thankful to him for that. He's indeed a nice person and a nice friend. Not forgetting how he cares about his twin brother as well. "Don't skip your meds. He's right, I want you to stay healthy as well" Suna had his eyes on me.

"I will, don't worry" I chuckled. He stared at me for a few seconds and slipped his hands into his pockets. "What is it?" our eyes locked, and I asked.

"I want you to go to the prom with me" he said.