forty-six.

OSAMU'S POV

It's been an hour since Atsumu went to meet y/n. I ditched class because I couldn't chill myself. My mind was distracted and I felt nervous. I just hoped everything went well.

There was I, sitting on my bed with hands clasped together on both of my thighs, and waited for Atsumu patiently.

"Are they okay now?" I sighed. One of my legs bounced anxiously. My heart was racing, I was eager to know what happened.

The door was opened and Atsumu walked in. I quickly got up from my bed, looking at him closing the door back. "Did you guys talked?" I asked but he wasn't responding. Atsumu turned behind, revealing his red eyes and tears stains. It was obvious that he just finished crying. What happened?

Atsumu wasn't putting any expression so I couldn't read him. "Atsumu, tell me" I said, half-pushed him.

He looked up at me and I could see his watery eyes. He was in the urge to cry again. Eyebrows furrowed and wrinkled forehead, I asked him what was wrong. Atsumu walked towards me and rested his head on my shoulder. His action had me surprised, more like he has never done this before. I was so clueless. "Atsumu?" I looked down at my twin brother who had his face buried on my shoulder.

"I lost her, Osamu" He said with a shallow voice, and his body was shaky.

"I... Lost... Her..." he broke down and cried.

I widened my eyes and grabbed both of his sides, pulling him up so I could see his crying face. "No! Didn't you explain things to her? It supposed to turn out okay" I shook my head, doubting his statement. He didn't respond to me and just cry. His tears rolled down fast and he looked so weak.

And that moment, I realized that it was the Atsumu that I hated the most. The one he used to be when he was heartbroken.

"Tell me you've explained to her. Tell me, Atsumu!" I raised my voice, shaking his body. Again, he didn't respond and kept crying. That's how I got the answer myself.

He didn't explain the truth. He listened to her confessions instead. He listened to how he broke her, giving her hard times all this time.

That's what happened.

I pulled him into a hug and again he buried his face on my shoulder, crying loudly. "Atsumu, you're stupid" I sighed.

A week has passed.

Y/N went missing, not picking up any calls from me or even reply to my messages. I couldn't reach her and Atsumu? Sighs.

I can see how he's slowly changing.

In a bad way.

He has become someone who's really hot-headed; worse than he already is. Not only that, but he also skipped classes and sometimes volleyball practices. And when the night comes, he'll get himself drunk and cry himself to sleep.

Atsumu also started to isolate himself from the others. Most of his time spent being locked in the room with no lights, wrapping himself with the thick blanket, wet pillow covers because of his tears, and staring at the picture of y/n that he set up as his phone's wallpaper.

His routine goes like that.

As a brother, I've tried my best to comfort him but what I received was ignorance. Atsumu didn't listen to me and kept going with what he did. At some point, I, myself felt tired of being the middle person.

I have the intention to go and confront Akari. That bitch, she's the cause of these all yet she's nowhere to be found.

Saturday. 8am.
Day one of volleyball practice.