forty-nine.

warning: minor violence and minor nsfw at the end.

OSAMU'S POV

I pulled the handbrake after parking my car in the parking box. Slowly I unbuckled my seatbelt and rested my back on the seat. My tear stains dried. I couldn't think of literally anything.

I just hate everything about that day. The worst part would be the shocking news, about dad sending Atsumu off to Brazil, away from me. It saddened me every time I picture the distance that we will experience soon. Atsumu and I grew up together, went everywhere together, annoyed each other, and many more. Twenty-two years that I've spent being by his side, I can't picture myself going through the days without him.

Tears dropped without I conscious about it. The words, our conversation earlier lingered in my head.

***

Motionless and drained out of energy. The day was indeed an exhausting one for me. I remained my head rested on his shoulder, and my tears started to dry. I was still feeling sad. I don't want him to go but I was that powerless to help him to stay.

"It's going to be fine, Samu" he patted my back, smiling through the pain and sadness he was carrying. "It's for the best. I'll get to distract myself from thinking about her and find myself back" he forced a smile.

"We grew up together" I murmured, tears rolled down on my cheek. "We fought often... Up until now. We went everywhere together. We have never been apart from each other" I sniffed. "Mother always reminds us about how twins should be there for each other because we were born with one same heart. Twins should support each other, be the backbone if one of us is at our downfall. I've witnessed the worst state of you, the things you did that destroyed yourself" I pulled myself up to look at him.

"Do you think I wouldn't feel worried about you when you're there alone? Going through all the problems all by yourself?" I wiped my tears. Atsumu couldn't stop his tears from falling but the smile remained on his lips. He doesn't want to show me that he was actually weak on the inside.

Atsumu nodded his head and chuckled. "That's why I'm going there. I need to start to live an independent life, where I don't have to rely on other people anymore. I've caused you trouble, being a burden, and get you involved in my personal problems. I shouldn't have done those things. I am genuinely sorry for that, Samu" he bowed his head. "I feel embarrassed for all the little things I asked you to do when I, myself can actually do them but..." he sighed. "I was being egoistic about it. My pride will always take control of me and I hate it" he mumbled.

Atsumu took a deep breath and looked up at me again. "You should be happy about it that I'm going to start a new life" he hit my arm playfully before staring at me for a few minutes. "Though, I want you to promise me one thing" he said.

***

I grabbed some tissue from the backseat of my car and wiped my tears. That night, I drove back to Kobe alone as father keeping Atsumu with him in Hyogo. He said Atsumu can stay home for the time being while he gets someone to arrange for his drop out.

Hand reached for my phone and so I tried my luck to call y/n, hoping that she would answer my call. I have no one at the moment. I felt lonely for some reason. Not even any of the Inarizaki knows about Atsumu dropping out of college... Yet.

"The person you are trying to reach is not available. Please try again later"

I let out a sigh and threw my phone on the passenger seat. No one. I couldn't find comfort for myself that night.