sixty. (final)

song recommendation: Infinity by Jaymes Young
italic paragraphs are flashback

2024.

The sound of birds chirping became the morning music to my ears. The sky is light blue, clouds filling up the wide sky with the sun visible.

I took a deep breath. The scent of nature, a scent that I love.

I stood in front of the kitchen sink, facing to the window in front of me. I could see the kids playing around and there were also people jogging around the area.

My hand caressed my big baby bump gently. I'm 36 weeks pregnant with my second child. 5 years ago, I legally married to a Miya and we're having a good life so far, regardless of what had happened in the past. Truthfully, I still can't believe that I'm here, with my last name Miya, carrying the second heir of my own family.

"Mommy!" I turned to Kou who's seated at the table with his food. Miya Kouichi, my firstborn and is 4 years old. He has dark brown-haired and a pair of big eyes just like his father. "I want more food!" he huffed. "There's still food on your plate" I said with a chuckle. He pouted and crossed his arms over the chest, forehead crumpled into a frown. "But I want moreee" he whined.

A tall man came to his side, getting on his one knee with an arm wrapped around Kou's shoulders. "It's bad if you waste your food, Kou. You should have finished this portion first" Osamu squished the boy's cheek, making him to scrunch his nose. "But papa..." Kou whined louder. "No buts. I want you to finish the food first or else, I won't let mommy to cook you dinner tonight" he wiggled his eyebrows as he teased the kid.

Kou whined and huffed, taking his spoon to continue feeding himself his food. Osamu got up and approached me. "I've told you to sit down and rest. You shouldn't be standing too long" he said and ruffled my hair. My lips stretched, shaking my head with a smile. "I'm good, you don't have to worry about me" I said assuringly.

Osamu squatted down in front of my belly and palmed his hand on it, slowly caressing it. "I'm sure she's going to look like her mother. Beautiful, bubbly, kind-hearted..." his eyes moved up to meet mine. "And such a loving and loyal person I've ever met" he smiled. I mirrored his smile, blushing at his words.

He looked at my baby bump again, hand didn't leave from touching it through the layer of my dress. "I can't wait to meet you, Miya Kaori" he murmured before getting up. He took his cap from his back pocket, putting on it.

This man right here, is the successor of Onigiri Miya. The one who's managing the food and beverage business of the Miya family. He took his apron from the tabletop, tying it around his waist. "They're airing yesterday's match" he snickered while his hand reached for the tv controller and turned it on.

It was the replay for yesterday's volleyball match. A match between the Japan's national team against Argentina.

"With the score of 23:20, the Japan's national team is leading the match with one set against Argentina. And here comes the setter, Miya Atsumu, getting ready for his serve. I heard that he went to Brazil to pursue his volleyball career and he's also popular during his teenage days. He got recognized for his skills and talents in volleyball and was invited to the youth camp!"

The voice of the sport's announcer filled the room as the camera focused on the blonde-haired man standing at the back of the court. Ball bouncing with one of his hands, I saw him taking a deep breath before doing his serve.

As expected, it was a service ace. A no-touch serve that led the Japan's team to their set pointer. Another point and they'll win the match.

Atsumu got the ball in his hands once again, eyes straight looking up at the high ceiling of the gym hall. He took another deep breath, throwing the ball up in the air before he runs to spike the ball to his opponent's court, hitting the court once again.